“Christmas Eve @ Rbud” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rosebud - CLOSED

Rosebud
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Morningside Kitchen is a new Atlanta restaurant opened in 2016 in the location formerly known as Rosebud. We feature wood-fired grilled meats and fish and rotisserie chicken, salads, and small plates to share. Created by the team from Murphy's, our restaurant is open nightly for dinner and weekends for brunch. Our goal is to become a "Best Atlanta Restaurant."
Atlanta, GA
“Christmas Eve @ Rbud”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

It seems we are developing a Christmas Eve tradition - gettting a bunch of friends together and sharing supper at Rosebud. Christmas Eve is 'the feast of seven fishes' - something special the Chef does. Each year it seems to work out better and better. We tend to forget how jammed it can be, and in spite of reservations there was a wait. But then we lucked out and were seated in a side room, with ample table space, and two great waiters.
Most of the entrees were very good - the one disappointment was plain brussel sprouts with swordfish. After the amazing brussel sprouts Kimchi hash - the plain variety was stunningly plain. Almost any other veggie would have been better. In spite of the chaos, service was excellant. The dessert kind of made up for the disappointing veggies.
You could almost imagine a dusting of snow and the jangle of sleigh bells. An excellant start to the Christmas festivities.

DENVER
“High Hopes but Fell a Bit Flat for Me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I was in Atlanta for the weekend and before leaving town I decided to head back to my old neighborhood. I had heard good things about brunch at Rosebud so I met my friend there and we got a seat at the bar.

The menu was very interesting and it was difficult to make a choice. I chose the Gordo which was buttermilk fried chicken breast on a biscuit with sausage gravy and an over easy egg. My friend chose the ultimate pancake which was a pancake wrapped around sausage, bacon and egg.

When the food arrived it turned out that there was just a tiny bit of syrup left in the entire restaurant. I thought they were joking but I guess not. Needless to say, the lack of syrup kind of killed the ultimate pancake. For my dish the over easy egg was over medium - no run to the yolk at all and the chicken? Well it was a little boring. I'm thinking that my wonderful experience with what was essentially the same dish at Serious Biscuit in Seattle a couple of weeks prior spoiled me.

Overall the delivery of the food kind of killed the experience. My dish came with potatoes and it was supposed to be grits so that took about 5 minutes to resolve and then the scrambling around trying to find what amounted to about a quarter cup of syrup was just kind of awkward. Not sure if I'll be back to try the benedicts or not. The bartenders were pretty nice.

Victoria, Texas, United States
“Good service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Our service was good. Pimento cheese app was tasty wasp w/ crackers that had some spices to them. I had shrimp & grits- nice flavor but dont like finding random shrimp tails in the dish. Hubby had chicken dish- tough meat.

Atlanta
“Maybe just an off day.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Went with my wife for lunch. We were seated next to two gentlemen that were trying to have a personal conversation. It was awkward. The tables were maybe 12 inches apart. I don't think we will go back for lunch but we might try breakfast or brunch. Everyone was very pleasant and the decor is nice. Don't go to this place if you want to have a personal conversation or discuss confidential business. After reading the reviews here I had hoped for more. Maybe an unreasonable expectation.

Miami, Florida
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my mom for her birthday, and it was pretty good. Very noisy for a small place and despite having a reservation we still had a 10 minute wait for a table. Not bad, but still...the food was good, classic southern fare. I highly recommend the brussel sprouts! Friendly staff, great prices, I would recommend it to a friend