“Greek Food with Attitude!”
Review of Nick's Food to Go

Nick's Food to Go
Ranked #682 of 4,000 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Greek
Description: Local, no-frills Greek favorites to go! This place has some serious flavor and personality. Zip code 30312, restaurant phone: (404) 521-2220
Reviewed April 13, 2011

The fact that I'm the first person to review this restaurant on TripAdvisor helps prove that this charming little Greek take-out remains one of Atlanta's best-kept restaurant secrets. This place is NOT your typical restaurant - it doesn't have seating, you either order at the window or call-in your order in advance. What it lacks in amenities it more than makes up for in delicious food and unique personality. First off, the food: no matter what you get, it's going to be tasty. I have tried their 3 Gyros - chicken, pork and traditional lamb and all three are packed with meat, full of flavor (the tzatziki sause is some of the best I have ever had) and fresh - no burned meat or pita dried out under a heat lamp here. Pair that with some Greek potatoes, spanakopita or their hummus (like none I've ever tasted) and you have a treat for your taste buds. Now for the second part of the order - the personality. I first heard about the restaurant on the PBS special "Get Delicious", which introduces unique Atlanta eateries. You got the feeling from the show that the Greek owners really had fun personalities and it made me want to go there and experience it for myself. That being said, I love this family - a meal at Nick's is always a unique experience. If Momma doesn't give you some advice then Nick will yell at you with some hilarious one-liners, like "if you want it YOUR way then go somewhere else!" or “if you want a refill then refill my hand!” It's like living a Greek version of "[...] my Dad Says". Anyway, I could go on, but why read when you can be eating at Nick's?

2  Thank DaveMerrill