“Gem in Atlanta”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atlanta
The Social Goat Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 21 Atlanta B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was in Atlanta for DragonCon which was held in a large hotel/convention site. It was a fun event, but noisy 24/7 and expensive. The Social Goat was a great retreat. It was easy to get to public transportation, but the owner took me to registration the first day so I wouldn't have trouble finding it. My room was clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. The Social Goat was a real find.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank HappyCamper46

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the Social Goat Bed and Breakfast and had a lovely time. My mother, my husband and I stayed in the Cottage and found the amenities quite charming. I didn't think to bring coffee for the morning or tea for the evening so I would remind anyone staying at the cottage to bring a few staples as there aren't any in the cupboards. The main house was beautiful, but the real gem was outside: the animals! We absolutely loved the chickens, goats, turkeys and cats. They were so entertaining that we all felt like it was truly the highlight of our trip. In addition, Kristy did a fabulous job of making us feel at home. She took the time to consider our dietary restrictions when preparing our breakfast, and the food was delicious. We hope to return soon and encourage you to stay here on your next trip to Atlanta.

Room Tip: Three of us stayed very comfortably at the Cottage and it could easily accommodate two couples.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had a bit of a nightmare journey getting to Atlanta, but as soon as we arrived here it was all forgotten! The room (the Carriage House) was absolutely wonderful - we both decided we could happily live there permanently. A large comfy bed, stylish furniture, a private porch, a kitchen and a view of the animals made for a supremely relaxing stay.

Kristy is a perfect host, with impeccable taste in decor - the whole place is beautiful, I christened it "Pinterest live". Breakfasts were varied and tasty and we fell head over heels in love with all the animals - I want turkeys and baby goats now...

The location was also great - really convenient for seeing the city, but secluded and almost rural feeling. I just wish we'd had longer to explore Grant Park and the zoo, but this was the first stop on a roadtrip so a bit of a flying visit.

I can't fault this B+B, I really hope we return one day!

Room Tip: I'm sure they're all fantastic, but we did love the carriage house.
2  Thank loulabelle7
Reviewed September 20, 2013

As animal lovers we were very excited to stay here - it exceeded our expectations in every way. We were staying midweek and although we had booked a small room, Kristy was kind enough to let us stay in the gorgeous third floor suite which was empty. The animals are so sweet, friendly, and fun to watch. Perfect way for us to relax at the end of a nonstop two week road trip. Best of all are the extremely sociable cats who spent both nights in our room!
Kristy recommended a brilliant restaurant and walk to us on our first evening. And her breakfasts are to die for! It's well located, we were able to drive quickly and easily to everything we wanted to see in Atlanta.
We felt so at home here straight away and were sad to leave. Would recommend to anyone (so long as you love animals)

Room Tip: Third floor suite is stunning and huge - would be great for a family. I peeked in the other empty ro...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank loladelorean
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I loved this B&B. Kristy is this amazing talent--decorating, landscape design, and a wonderful host. The goats, turkeys, and chickens make for much entertainment and laughter!! Definitely a favorite--and we stay at lots of B&Bs!!! We stayed in the carriage house--loved it!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Carriage House--it is wonderful--king size bed, kitchen, nice living room--everythi...
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this unique property a short drive from the Zoo and Grants park. Although the name initially caught my eye, it was the promise of friendly cats which made me book a visit and I was even more delighted to find a teeny tiny kitten had just moved in! The house is amazing, our room had a balcony with a day bed on it so we could sit out on that, and from it there was a great view of the back garden and the other animals - turkeys, hens, goats. There was an outdoor fireplace where we sat one evening, it was really pretty and secluded. Kristy was extremely helpful throughout, and gave us good suggestions of places to go - we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: yellow room has the balcony for a view of the rear garden, and a day bed out there to relax on!
1  Thank Valerie W
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Several weeks ago my husband and I were heading to Atlanta with reservations at The Social Goat (Yellow Room) for a Saturday night. At the last minute we learned that our son from Dallas was close enough by on business that if we reached Atlanta early we could all rendezvous. A quick call to Kristy and a little luck (there was one vacant space, The Carriage House, which was perfect for the 3 of us for Friday night) and we were set! We couldn't believe how nice the whole place was ~ and how central. Kristy was wonderful. She showed us around the farm, introducing us to the animals and patiently answering our questions. She gave us several suggestions for dinner ~ our son is still talking about Six Feet Under, the seafood restaurant she recommended with a lively rooftop bar and terrific food. We were able to get out and walk to and around Grant Park and the zoo. Saw some great restored cottages and bungalows. The breakfasts (both days) were fantastic! The pancakes were soft and delicious, with nice crispy edges. We felt entirely pampered. Kristy's husband, Paul, was also helpful and pleasant, with a sense of humor we enjoyed. Our son left the second day and Kristy was helpful to us as we moved over to the Yellow Room, seeing that it was prepared early so we could get settled before attending an early afternoon event in town. The Yellow Room was lovely as well, and the bathroom across the hall presented no problem - It was right across the hall and completely private (and extremely nice as well!)We will look forward to returning to The Social Goat!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family