“Farm in the city”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atlanta
The Social Goat Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 21 Atlanta B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Who would have thought such a peaceful place could exist in the middle of Atlanta! The house was beautiful and full of details like little jewelry boxes and artwork. The bed was warm and comfy and there were enough plug ins to charge electronics, which is sometimes a problem in hotels. We even had a cat come sleep with us! Having grown up on a farm, being awoken by a rooster crowing and sunlight streaming through the blinds again felt just like home. If you do not enjoy being woken up by a very determined rooster though, I would recommend a room not facing the coop. Breakfast was wonderful and included those Georgia staples, biscuits and grits. We enjoyed petting all of the goats and turkeys! This was definitely one of the best places I have ever stayed and will most certainly be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GirlRaisedInTexas
There are newer reviews for The Social Goat Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed at the Social Goat in February 2012... it was so wonderful! We actually stayed at the cottage across the street, which was really nice and quiet, but close enough to walk over to the house to visit the goats, get coffee any time, or use a corkscrew for a bottle of wine. The goats were precious, and the chickens... I was not a fan of the female turkey, especially since she chased me down the driveway while I was carrying my bottle of wine (I shouldn't have run from her, I know). There was also a super cute vintage boutique store in the neighborhood that I loved. We will definitely be back next year!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mks2x
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My friend and I stayed at the social Goat for a long weekend in the carriage house. It was amazing! It was comfortable and clean. The grounds were well maintained. It is a beautiful house, very comfortable. I loved the animals. The cat monkey even came and hung out in our room with us! Breakfast was always delicious. I didnt want to leave and I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: I really liked staying in the carriage house. It is above the garage. It is very private.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank cerisem
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay. The location is very convenient being only 5 to 10 minutes away from downtown. The home is situated in a very quiet neighborhood only blocks from Grant Park and the Zoo.

The house is gorgeous and full of beautiful antiques from top to bottom! The rooms were spacious with comfortable furniture and very clean. There were other guests staying while we were there but we could not hear them while in our room. We only knew they were in the house as we met them in passing.

The surrounding property was a working, free range, miniature farm complete with four very sociable goats, three gobblers, one rabbit and maybe a dozen assorted chickens. The twin kids were fun to watch as they played much like young children. The goldfish pond and outside fireplace were also beautiful.

The owners were very nice and helpful in every way. They suggested a wonderful local restaurant, Six Feet Under, which my wife and I enjoyed immensely. Kristy had menus for us to peruse before we made our decision. The breakfast we were served was absolutely delicious! Fluffy pecan pancakes with praline syrup, fresh eggs and bacon were hot, hearty and served to order.

Overall our experience was excellent! We will definitely visit here again the next time we stay overnight in Atlanta.

Room Tip: The master suite is a great choice for those who like to have extra room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank barbarosa1
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Sometimes when one travels the world there are places that offer way more than expected. I literally stumbled across this lovely place by accident, when looking for a regular Hotel close to Turner Field. I wanted to spend a week watching the Braves play, and wanted to stay close to the ballpark. My friend and I lucked out when we found the "Goat".

We rented the 2 bedroom cottage for one week. It is just down the street from the main house and had all of the amenities of a regular house. Plenty of room, beautifully decorated and spotless. Everything worked fine, and the beds were comfortable!. The area was very quiet, and access to the games was just a 15 minute walk away. If you prefer to drive it is easy as well. I would be careful with the MARTA system however. The buses were frequently late and crowded. The close proximity to Grant Park was great for running, or a quick visit to a few great restaurants.

But the best part of our visit to the "Goat" were Paul and Kristy, the owners. They were very nice and went out of their way to please. Everything was great, including the varied homemade breakfasts. The waffles, french toast, and quiche were delightful!!! The property with the stars of the show, the animals, is first rate. I fell in love with the goats, especially the babies....the house is beautifully decorated with antiques from all over the world.

I highly recommend staying at the Social Goat. It is truly Atlanta's hidden gem.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank williamhosey
Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Our family of five stayed in The Cottage. We were looking for a value and a unique place to stay for our long-weekend getaway. We loved our stay at the Social Goat! It was perfect for us.
The cottage was just as it is pictured - a small, two-bedroom house with a little kitchen and one bathroom. We were pleasantly surprised by the free laundry facilities (a big help with three boys!). The kitchen was pretty well stocked with cooking gear, but the pots and pans were a little on the small side for a family of five, IMO. But, we made it work.
The bathroom was loaded with towels, which I loved. The tub looked like it needed a good scrubbing or perhaps it's just stained, but the shower curtain was also stained, so it made me wonder if it had been overlooked. This, however, was the only cleanliness issue we encountered. It wasn't a huge deal to us, but it might be more bothersome to others, which is why I noted it and knocked off a star.
The bedrooms were spacious and all of us commented on the comfort of the beds. I loved all of the pillows and bedding - made to suit all needs/sleeping styles. None of us had a bad night's sleep, and we are all pretty picky!
After reading some comments about the area around Grant Park, I was a little wary of the neighborhood (especially being off-property). If you've seen them, too, let me ease your fears - we felt perfectly safe and we even walked around the area during our stay. You can tell some of the homes had gotten pretty run-down, but most are either being redone or already have been.
The food was fabulous, and I appreciated that the innkeeper took time to see what our kids liked and didn't so she could try to make sure they enjoyed the breakfasts, too. Actually, her hospitality really made our trip that much more enjoyable. She was very helpful with offering suggestions on restaurants and helping us with directions, and she went above and beyond what I would expect - offering to lend us a pack n play and an air bed, as well as leaving a high hair for our use at the cottage. Those little details meant less packing or improvising for us and were much appreciated.
The animals are pretty much what you see in the pictures. They are very friendly and the kids really had fun getting to know them. I got the cutest video of the turkeys gobbling and our 18-month-old squealing with delight!
Finally, I just want to say that for us, our stay really made our vacation a relaxing one. I don't think if we had been crammed into a hotel room we would have been as relaxed or had as much fun together. Between the extra space, the ability to cook some of our own meals, the free laundry, free wifi, and big breakfasts, we definitely felt as though this was a real value! And everything else just made it an exceptional and unique trip for us!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank chandlergirl
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My family and I spent three days at The Social Goat and we all had a wonderful time. The rooms were comfortable and the interior design was breathtaking. I had the chance to stay in the yellow room and the blue room and I recommend them both highly. The breakfast was wonderful and all of my family including my 83 year old grandmother and 4 and 5 year old nephews loved it. An extra plus was getting to see the animals every day, especially the new baby goats Olive and Daisy. I would highly recommend The Social Goat and I look forward to staying there again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012