All reviewsgrant parkcarriage housegoatthe main housebed and breakfastmaster suiteb bsyellow roomatlanta zooshared bathroombreakfast was deliciousother guestsclose to downtownshort drivea great place to stayliving roomhome away from home
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Sometimes when one travels the world there are places that offer way more than expected. I literally stumbled across this lovely place by accident, when looking for a regular Hotel close to Turner Field. I wanted to spend a week watching the Braves play, and wanted to stay close to the ballpark. My friend and I lucked out when we found the "Goat".

We rented the 2 bedroom cottage for one week. It is just down the street from the main house and had all of the amenities of a regular house. Plenty of room, beautifully decorated and spotless. Everything worked fine, and the beds were comfortable!. The area was very quiet, and access to the games was just a 15 minute walk away. If you prefer to drive it is easy as well. I would be careful with the MARTA system however. The buses were frequently late and crowded. The close proximity to Grant Park was great for running, or a quick visit to a few great restaurants.

But the best part of our visit to the "Goat" were Paul and Kristy, the owners. They were very nice and went out of their way to please. Everything was great, including the varied homemade breakfasts. The waffles, french toast, and quiche were delightful!!! The property with the stars of the show, the animals, is first rate. I fell in love with the goats, especially the babies....the house is beautifully decorated with antiques from all over the world.

I highly recommend staying at the Social Goat. It is truly Atlanta's hidden gem.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank williamhosey
Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Our family of five stayed in The Cottage. We were looking for a value and a unique place to stay for our long-weekend getaway. We loved our stay at the Social Goat! It was perfect for us.
The cottage was just as it is pictured - a small, two-bedroom house with a little kitchen and one bathroom. We were pleasantly surprised by the free laundry facilities (a big help with three boys!). The kitchen was pretty well stocked with cooking gear, but the pots and pans were a little on the small side for a family of five, IMO. But, we made it work.
The bathroom was loaded with towels, which I loved. The tub looked like it needed a good scrubbing or perhaps it's just stained, but the shower curtain was also stained, so it made me wonder if it had been overlooked. This, however, was the only cleanliness issue we encountered. It wasn't a huge deal to us, but it might be more bothersome to others, which is why I noted it and knocked off a star.
The bedrooms were spacious and all of us commented on the comfort of the beds. I loved all of the pillows and bedding - made to suit all needs/sleeping styles. None of us had a bad night's sleep, and we are all pretty picky!
After reading some comments about the area around Grant Park, I was a little wary of the neighborhood (especially being off-property). If you've seen them, too, let me ease your fears - we felt perfectly safe and we even walked around the area during our stay. You can tell some of the homes had gotten pretty run-down, but most are either being redone or already have been.
The food was fabulous, and I appreciated that the innkeeper took time to see what our kids liked and didn't so she could try to make sure they enjoyed the breakfasts, too. Actually, her hospitality really made our trip that much more enjoyable. She was very helpful with offering suggestions on restaurants and helping us with directions, and she went above and beyond what I would expect - offering to lend us a pack n play and an air bed, as well as leaving a high hair for our use at the cottage. Those little details meant less packing or improvising for us and were much appreciated.
The animals are pretty much what you see in the pictures. They are very friendly and the kids really had fun getting to know them. I got the cutest video of the turkeys gobbling and our 18-month-old squealing with delight!
Finally, I just want to say that for us, our stay really made our vacation a relaxing one. I don't think if we had been crammed into a hotel room we would have been as relaxed or had as much fun together. Between the extra space, the ability to cook some of our own meals, the free laundry, free wifi, and big breakfasts, we definitely felt as though this was a real value! And everything else just made it an exceptional and unique trip for us!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank chandlergirl
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My family and I spent three days at The Social Goat and we all had a wonderful time. The rooms were comfortable and the interior design was breathtaking. I had the chance to stay in the yellow room and the blue room and I recommend them both highly. The breakfast was wonderful and all of my family including my 83 year old grandmother and 4 and 5 year old nephews loved it. An extra plus was getting to see the animals every day, especially the new baby goats Olive and Daisy. I would highly recommend The Social Goat and I look forward to staying there again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank CarolineQaz
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We were in Atlanta for a birthday celebration and to attend the Neil Diamond concert and did not want to stay in a huge hotel downtown. What we found is this B and B in a middle class neighborhood operated by a wonderful couple who obviously love doing this and love having folks visit. What is also great is that the Social Goat--and there really is one--is conviently located to get almost anywhere in Atlanta, and if you know the city without too much traffic. It is very near I 20. They have rooms in the main house and one over the garage that is really a suite in which we stayed. Very quiet. Breakfast was just great and of course on site parking. All of this made for a wonderful and easy visit to the city. Oh, the goats, turkeys, chickens, et. al. were very friendly too!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank wandotraveler
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We planned to see a Braves game in Atlanta, and then I was flying out of the Atlanta airport the next day. Living 2 hours from Atlanta, we decided that an overnight stay would be a good idea, and the Social Goat was perfectly located. The Social Goat was an excellent value, a beautiful home and property, and the innkeeper graciously showed us around the property, gave us a map and even drove us to dinner. We easily walked about a mile to the Braves stadium, and walked back at night, and it was perfectly safe.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple