“Terrific place to stay in Atlanta!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atlanta
The Social Goat Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 21 Atlanta B&B and Inns
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Terrific place to stay in Atlanta!”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

My family (three of us--my husband, 4 year old son, and I) stayed at The Social Goat B&B on recommendation from a local friend, as we came from out of town to take my son to the Georgia Aquarium. We're so happy we found this place! It was cheaper and nicer than any of the downtown hotels, and it was right in Grant Park, which is a funky neighborhood with lots of stuff to do (farmer's market, awesome cafes, great food).

We stayed in the third floor suite back in August, and it was enormous and beautiful. We had brought an aerobed for our son, only to find when we got there that Kristy & Paul had made up a separate bed for him, which was terrific. The room is definitely big enough to sleep 2 adults and 2 kids too, and has its own thermostat, which is always helpful. Kristy was great about showing my son the goats and turkeys on the property, which he loved. The house is pristine, spotless, and beautifully restored and decorated, and the hospitality (and breakfast) were wonderful. Kristy & Paul were welcoming, let us store stuff for our son in the fridge downstairs, and gave us directions to various locales. The B&B is also literally right next to the great zoo, and a super-short drive (like 5 minutes) from tons of really kid-friendly restaurants in Grant Park (like Dakota Blue, which actually has a toy box next to the booths).

Highly recommended for families with kids!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank rika99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Lon
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed overnight at the Social Goat this past summer - I picked this B&B over all the other places in Atlanta because of the promise of a goat farm in the backyard. I was not disappointed - Kirstie, the owner, allowed me to "meet and greet" the resident 2 goats, the 3 turkeys, and a bunch of chickens. For this experience alone I would recommend the Social Goat!

This B&B has only been open for a year, though, and having stayed in many B&Bs, it shows - for starters, there was no one there when we arrived, and we had to wait outside for 10-15 minutes for someone to let us in. The street the Inn is on isn't the most inviting (though the neighborhood, on further inspection, is lovely) so this wasn't great. We were also never given a wireless password, and there didn't seem to be anyone around after we got back from dinner to ask for it. Though having said that, Kirstie and her husband had given us a ride to dinner, which was great. Plus, our room (double, with its own balcony and with a shared bathroom) was beautiful - though I would remind travellers to bring their own shampoo and soap!

The other guests staying at the B&B told us that they are putting in an ampitheatre in the back to deal with all the wedding requests they are getting - I'd definitely come back in the future to see how it turns out.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank grey0220
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
Reviewed May 10, 2011

If you're looking for a fun, unique place to stay, this is it! The small barnyard and 2 adorable miniature goats (Sherman and Tullulah) give unbelievable charm to this Atlanta Bed and Breakfast. We were able to spend quite a bit of time in the large pen area with the animals, and learned a lot about them from owners Kristie and Paul. You have to watch Paul play with Sherman...he can get the goat to hop around on his back legs, hilarious! The goats really do like to socialize and I ended up with one of them in my lap at one point.

When we returned from dinner that night one of the sweet cats came running over to us for attention. So we sat on the comfy wicker furniture on the back porch and petted him for a long time before retiring to the Carriage House.

The Carriage House was so lovely! Very spacious and oh so private since it's removed from the main house. The living room has a cool peaked ceiling and stained glass windows. Nice bathroom and bedroom, cozy soft bed. Overall very roomy and private which is what we wanted and didn't mind paying for. Kristie noticed a comment I made about liking to sleep in, so she offered to bring our breakfast to the Carriage House at 9 am so we could enjoy it at our leisure. Wow that was so thoughtful! There's a microwave and stove so you can heat anything up if needed, and you can brew your own coffee in the kitchen when you're ready.

I am a very light sleeper, so I always travel with a small fan for white noise. If I didn't have my fan, I may have heard the air conditioning cycling on and off since the mechanicals were on the other side of one bedroom wall. But it wasn't an issue. We were also glad we brought the fan because it helped move the air- there's no ceiling fan in the bedroom and the a/c wasn't super-strong in that room.

Spending time with the animals was really the highlight of this place for us. It was something different and we enjoyed it immensely!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple