“sad to see them changing”
Review of Cafe Intermezzo - Downtown - CLOSED

Cafe Intermezzo - Downtown
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ellis St.
Transit: We are located 100 yards from the MARTA rail station and bus stops within steps of the Cafe.
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is one of our favorite bistros in Atlanta. We always eat there on each trip. The staff has less turn over than most restaurants, so some of them know us making it even more charming. good food, good prices and nice atmosphere. We learned on this trip that the format is changing (sad face). Our hope is the new format (same owners) will be as good. Will wait to see, but hopeful.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Since we stayed at the Courtyard Marriott, it was a simple choice to stop in and see what was brewing at this cafe. We were pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere and the great food! Pricing was a little higher than most, but it is an upscale dining experience. We recommend this place anyday.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This restaurant is very close to my office when I travel to Atlanta for meetings. My hotel doesn't have a restaurant so I usually get take out from here as well as eating here for lunch with colleagues. Get desert - it's the best!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife and I loved this cafe. The ambiance is fantastic for a date night. The beverage selection is HUGE, the bring you a book to choose from, good luck. The meal was fantastic we had the seafood crepe. Now on to the best part .... the deserts! They have a great selection of cakes, pies, and cheesecakes. We had the raspberry cheesecake and the Reese's peanut butter chocolate cheesecake, both were excellent. The coffee selections were also great.

The only negative was the parking. But what do you expect in downtown Atlanta. Some people have written they didn't feel comfortable, but I can't say that. There are a couple of parking lots right beside the cafe, cost us $3.

The next night we visited the north Cafe Intermezzo, it is not bad at all but didn't like it as much, I will right a review about it also.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I wanted a place that wouldn't be too expensive for dinner. The menu was just right. Many sandwiches to pick from, salads and some other nice entrees. My pasta wasn't over huge and I was able to add chicken to it for a few dollars more. It was quite good. A side salad does not come with the meals, so that would be extra. I was glad I found this. Plenty of seating in side and server was very polite and warm.