“Loud but Good Food”
Review of Local Three

Local Three
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Three is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #158 of 4,000 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Howell Mill Road
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We went as a party of five for a business dinner. It is in a big office building conveniently close to I75. You enter via the back door of the building from the car park if you drive there. There are plenty of signs but you do begin to wonder when you turn left to the restrooms and there is the entrance. Anyway we were seated promptly at one of the slightly higher than normal wooden tables. They have nice napkins and but nothing much else to dampen the noise.
The waiter was very friendly and apart from a protracted period of back and forth about how to make a Kir he did a great job.
Food was very good with a lot of local ingredients and good quality fish and beef. We brought our own wine and there is a very modest corkage fee of $10 per bottle.
The only slight negative is the noise that made it hard for our whole table to engage in one conversation.

1  Thank Stephen C

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Wonderful meal and service- expensive yes, but so worth it! We met a friend who brought the Eleanor with her..she had great recommendations and didn't disappoint. Try the duck fat fried lamb chops!! Sat outside- wasn't hot or loud..service was above and beyond! Will be back and want to try the sister restaurant- Moss and Turners!

1  Thank cakegirl73
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Went to Local Three with a group of about 12 people for lunch. Not easy to locate, but once I found my way into the parking deck was no issue. The restaurant is loud and a little crowded but the food was fantastic. I had lamb - BBQ'd and with pita and slaw. Was fantastic though really messy- be prepared. Love it and will return (but with a reservation) or you will wait forever.

1  Thank hopefulangel
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I'm a bit of an outlier it seems in reviewing this place, but this is my experience. The service was good and the atmosphere nice. However, I don't think the food is as incredible as most, especially given the price. I ordered the carnitas, as did a friend. The menu simply lists the entree with main ingredients, but not enough info regarding the preparation. For example, there is a very popular appetizer, Burger Royale (I think), which is actually beef tartare (raw) but there is no hint to that on the menu. The carnitas are basically chunks of meat with fried grit fritters. The meat was delicious, but it was not at all what I expected considering carnitas are almost always served taco style. My friend's plate had a huge amount of inedible fat on the carnitas. For 20-something dollars, I expected something more. Perhaps it was just the night, but I was not that impressed given most entrees range from 20-upper 30$. There are plenty of Atlanta places I feeling is worth that price, but I didn't get that feeling here. I'm still giving this a "good" rating because the food was pretty tasty (minus the fat), my main complaint is with menu and prices for what you get.

1  Thank ATLbaqtravel
Reviewed May 4, 2013

While in Atlanta for a convention I visited Local Three resturant, on May 1st, with a colleague of mine.
Believe it or not I yook the decision by reading the reviews on Tripadvisor and I made a very good choice.
There are no indications on Northside Parkway, or at leastI didn't see any. You enter the courtyard and you are a little worried where to park your car (there are threatening cartels everywhere that your car will be towed away), then you see there is a very nice and free garage just nextto the building where is the restaurant.
You enter the buiding and you see a concierge at the end of the corridor and the restrooms sign on your right. Follow the restrooms sign. After the restrooms there is a small oor, like the door of a closet. You have arrived. Open the door and you are at Local Three.
The ambience is informal but very nice. Thick wooden tables, no towels but the menu on a piece of paper. Long tables or big parties. A large bar for the people waiting all the guests of their big parties to arrive.
I went for a fish meal. From the special of the day I had Spanish Mackerel as a starter and salmon as main course at USD 11,93 and USD 31,03 respectively.
My partner had Broccoli salad at USD 8,53 and Coca Cola Glaze Carnitas at USD 21,93.
My food was excellent. I cannot say about his carnitas as I don't like pork that much.
We had ZD Chardonnay at USD 70,00 thebottle as a wine.
Including Campari and Soda, Endless River draft beer, mineral water etc we spent USD 110,00 each including a 13% tip.
I strongly reccomend this place to anybody visiting Atlanta.

1  Thank Amicodelgiaguaro