“Beautiful food and great service”
Review of Local Three

Local Three
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Three is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 4,012 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Howell Mill Road
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hidden restaurant might be hard to find, but it is worth the small round-about to eat there. ( follow the directions on their website). We had a large group, and the suggestions for appetizers and 'snacks' to share were perfect. The most unique popcorn with bacon! And the stuffed jalepenos - bacon wrapped - were a perfect smokey and spicy :-) Try the melon salad if it's in season. Friendly and professional service, and delicious, beatifully presented food. I will definitely go back!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

The appetizers were creative and delicious - we had a large party and ordered most of them so we could share. The beef tartar was my favorite but they were all so good I was almost too full to eat my entree, and no room for dessert, which sounded wonderful. This was our second time dining here, and it was even better than the first.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

This restaurant is very well hidden. Doing research to help determine which restaurant my friends I were going to, I found this restaurant. Starting off with the lump crab cake dip, the chips were perfectly crisp but also not greasy or too heavy to make you feel like you were eating a meal. The wine of choice was a cabernet sauvignon, Trim, very tasty. The main course, the bacon wrapped scallops in creamy corn puree, red onion slices,and some sort of red vegetable.. wow.. the bites were not only perfect in the texture. The scallops were perfectly cooked where they meat was still succulent, but firm, browned perfectly on both sides. The corn puree and the red onion complimented the flavor of the scallop. Moving on to the dessert, me and two friends split the twix. White chocolate covering caramel and a cookie wafer, with melted dark chocolate. Creamy, rich yet not overpowering where you felt like you needed a glass of milk to clean your palette. Great ambience, but also the service was fabulous. Our server, Jeremy gave us great recommendations, but also was very visible if we needed anything. A definitely must go again on my list of restaurants.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

OK, so who would ever pay $30 for a burger. I guess we did. Was it worth it? Yes, once, seriously not sure I would go for it again, but it was amazing. The Big Kahuna burger sports ground Wagu beef topped with smoked Gouda cheese, braised short ribs, and onion rings. Pretty amazing, but I can't leave off not mentioning how wonderful their fries are that accompany the burger. Crispy and delicious. Also had the Cheddar, Bacon, and Thyme popcorn. Yummy! The summer melon salad was so interesting. The melon (water and cantelope) chunks were compressed. The waiter tried to explain how the chef did it - something like putting them in a bag and taking out the air so it made the melon compact. Really different and delicious. Also had the duck confit which was delightful.

Service was really good and his wine suggestion was so good that we ordered a second bottle! Don't get too hung up on the menu because, as with any farmer's market restaurant, the selections change with what's available and what picks the chef's interest at the moment. That said, I can't imagine that anything you chose there wouldn't be wonderful!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

You should check out the menu before going to see if it fits what you would like to eat, but the food was delicious, the service friendly and helpful. Our friends told us they have quite a following and an excellent bar. They are offering a special tour through their kitchen that sounds interesting. They had a great wine selection and some choices out of the ordinary. They told us about a wine they thought we might be interested in and brought us samples and they were right. Here is their website: http://localthree.com/ Pay attention to their directions on how to get there. The directions are excellent if you follow them. The restaurant is in an office building but the parking is free.