“Tasty mediterranean dishes”

Tantra Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Peachtree Hills
Description: Visit Tantra restaurant in South Buckhead which features a contemporary American menu highlighted with the exotic flavors of Persian and Indian cuisine. The menu is crafted by Executive Chef Terry Dwyer and his staff. Popular items include: mussels in roasted pepper broth with chipotle and star anise, lump crab kuku with orange-verjuice sauce drizzled over the top, large plump scallops caramelized in a basil rub with a dried lime beurre blanc to compliment, grilled Australian lamb served with crisp eggplant frites and horseradish-ghost chile aioli.
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I visited this restaurant last weekend because I had a certificate from Half Off Depot and I was pleasantly surprised. Their menu is a combination of mediterranean, asian and italian dishes. We had a bottle of Argentinian wine and a beats salad to begin with. The server brought us some crackers with a buttery egglplant dipping sauce which was absolutely fabulous! For the main entrees we had the 12oz steak which came with vegetables and mashed potatoes and the tuna over goat cheese grits with a side of rice. I can't even begin to explain how goooooood the grits were. I had never had them like this before. Just amazing! And the steak was excellent too! Sorry, but we were too full to order desserts. You should definitely check it out.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

The setting is definitely unique and while our visit was during the week, we've told that weekends are packed. The server was sweet and attentive, but her barely there top made it awkward. The food was really good, especially the hummus. The wine selection was awful. My husband left his full glass on the table.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Came across this place because I had a certificated from Restaurants.com. Was trying to find somewhere to use it and Tantra came up, it sounded interesting so we gave it a try. Was very quite for a Friday night but that was no indication of the quality of food and service. I had the scallops over a swiss chard. I am not normally a swiss chard fan but these were execellent. Give this place a try you will love it.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I had the Boneless Beef Ribs with eggplant fries. The meat was very tender. The service was impeccable as the waitress was informative and attentive without being overbearing. I would definitely go again and bring friends. The best part of all, it was value for money. They could have charged more money easily.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

We love this restaurant. Great location just north of downtown right on Peachtree. Valet parking or just park free across the street. Very nice looking restaurant. Small and cozy. The special events sometimes get a bit loud by the bar but ok. The food is phenominal. We highly recommend the tuna (substitute potatoes for grits), the pork tenderloin (the roasted cauliflower is excellent), and the daily soups. The price is very good for what you get. The service is excellent. Really nice staff. Get coupons at restaurant.com and this becomes a super deal for gourmet food. And oh!! The portions are just right!!!!

1  Thank FREQTRAV12