“Worth The Drive From The 'Burbs”
Review of La Pietra Cucina - CLOSED

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spring Street
Transit: The Arts Center Marta stop is half a mile from the restaurant and the Marta bus stops outside the restaurant.
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This was our first visit to LPC. We arrived on time for our reservation and were immediately seated. Even though it was "prime time" on a Saturday night, the restaurant was nearly empty. This always makes me nervous. Not to worry. After her 4th appearance at the table, we told the waitress that we were ready to order. I'm not sure what the rush was with all the empty tables. I won't delve into the details about the food since the menu frequently changes but suffice it so say that we were both very impressed with the quality of the food. The desert menu was kind of meh so we passed. I finished with a cup of decaf. that would be poor even by convenience store standards.
To sum up - rushed service, excellent innovative food, nice ambience. All in all a nice evening.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Situated in a midtown highrise biulding this Italian restaurant has amazing food with many homemade pasta items on the menu. Ig you like creative Italian food , check out their web page and menu.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Had the chance to dine at the newly-renovated La Pietra Cucina (now being called LPC) the other day and all I can say is WOW, what a great upgrade! The interior is lighter and brighter now and its a welcome change. The menu retains a couple of the signature dishes from before (fried olives and the squid ink pasta to name a few), but the rest of the menu is new and fresh.

We started with the salad of Brussells Sprouts with Almonds, Egg and Parmesan that was tossed it a bright vinaigrette that made it really pop with flavor. We also had a dish that I'd put in my Top 10 Dishes of the past year...maybe even Top 5...the Pan-Fried Octopus with Charred Frisee and an amazing Smoked Arrabiata sauce. I liked this dish so much, we're going BACK to LPC this Saturday so I can introduce it to my friends.

Entrees we had included the Skate Wing, which was a HUGE portion and cooked absolutely perfectly. It reminded me how much I love skate when it's cooked right. I'd order this again. Our other entree was the Grilled Skirt Steak with Salsa Verde. Again...flawless. For dessert we split a giant order of hand-dipped Zeppole (donut balls) with a creamy dip, along with a couple espressos.

Service was flawless, too. From the greeting at the door to the timeliness of our ordering, it was perfect. It WAS a bit slow the night we dined, but apparently they had JUST re-opened after the renovation. I don't think it'll be long before they're very busy.

One last thing...if you're a Rye Whiskey fan, try the Fistful of Dollars cocktail while you're looking over the menu. As far as the wine list, I've come to trust the Concentrics folks to present a great list and this one doesn't disappoint. As is true with most of their lists, I like to choose things I've never had or even heard of before, and I'm never disappointed.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have always enjoyed our visits and meals at La Pietra Cucina, and even more so since the updating that has gone on at this establishment. The restaurant has been updated from the very clubby feeling that it had before. The renovation has opened up the restaurant and let in the light, taking full adavantage of the outdoor streetscape. That is a welcome redo as far as I am concerned. Also welcomed is the addition of Chef Rusty Kook to the kitchen. While I am sure he is still honing his menu and culinary skills at La Pietra Cucina, our dinner was every bit as tasty and exquisite as it has been under the eyes of Chef Bruce Logue. We look forward to Chef Kook's continued renewal of LPC!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Well we finally found this place on Peachtree Road that we've heard about. There is no visible sign in front but from word of mouth we learned about it. (They are remodeling inside and are putting a big sign out front) Have to pay valet parking up front, but...hey it's downtown Atlanta.
Very delicious meal and great service. From the start...we had great Bombay Sapphire martinis and our main dishes were so good. We were there the Wednesday after Mother's day (I chose to come then rather than on Sunday, the real Mother's Day, when restaurants are so crowded and the kitchen is on overload.) When the maitre de aked if it was a special occasion, I said Mother's Day. He then brought out a dessert on the house for us and wished me a Happy Mother's Day. Nice touch. We will be returning to this fine restaurant.
Go and you won't be disappointed.