“Somewhat disappointing”
Review of Heirloom Market

Heirloom Market
Ranked #81 of 4,013 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Powers Ferry Road dead ends into Akers Mill Road near an access road adjacent to Interstate 285 West. Heirloom Market does not have a visible sign near the road but it is located next to a convenience store in a very small aging parking lot.
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

The BBQ was very good, the Brunswick Stew and baked beans were, too. The ribs were decent. The macaroni and cheese, not so much. Also, it had an interesting assortment of sauces and very nice staff. Even so, the limited parking and the elbow to elbow stand-and-snack style of eating in the hot sun made eating a pretty unpleasant experience. Just not worth it.

1  Thank T J

Reviewed May 21, 2014

After seeing them on Bizarre foods the night before and having them on my places to try forever I decided to brave the 285 traffic after work and get some food to go. The place is pretty easy to see once you make a turn off powers ferry onto Akers mill it’s almost immediately on your right. The parking lot is small. If it was full I’m not sure what I would have done for alternative parking but I got lucky and was able to get a spot. If there is a line don’t be too intimidated probably only a few folks can fit in before you have to start lining up outside. They sent someone down the line taking orders in advance so when you get to the counter you just pay.
I opted to go with three sandwiches and three sides.
The first was the spicy Korean pork sandwich. I enjoyed it and really enjoyed what I think was the kimchi slaw on it. It was probably my least favorite of the three and I would not get it again, but its mostly because I really enjoy pulled pork. Theirs was cubed. Not bad just not how I enjoy it the most so its more of a personal thing. Flavors were good though and one sandwich will fill you up especially with a side.
Next was the Brisket sandwich. Quite good. I enjoyed the brisket I did not taste much of the Korean influence here. Nice bark. A little too fatty but nothing that would deter me from getting it again. Great smoke flavor. This may have been my fav of the three.
The last was the “BLT”. YUM It was a special, but I think they have it often. It’s a pork belly sandwich with radish and kimchi (I think) I just remember it being very tasty. No regrets at all. If the brisket wasn’t so good it would have been my fav.
For our sides we did the mac and cheese which I read a lot of reviews about. Its good but nothing that I thought was a must have. If you like mac n cheese check it out. We also had their fried green tomatoes. Very tasty I enjoyed these a lot. As well as the Kimchee cole slaw. Fantastic!
There is a little area off to the right outside the building that you an stand and. It has a central table and folks were standing around eating.
The restaurant was pretty efficient in getting food out quickly. Mine took a little longer but it may have been one of the items I ordered just takes longer and I’m okay with that. I would definitely go back! This gets named best BBQ in Atlanta by some and its hard for me to compare it to traditional southern BBQ because although the backbone is similar it is very different too. I enjoy it for what it is though a nice addition to Atlanta’s dining scene. Can’t wait to try some other stuff.

Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Wear your comfy shoes and stretchy pants! Be prepared to stand in line and stand to eat but you will not leave hungry or disappointed. The Georgia Sampler generously feeds two people. We had pulled pork, chicken, ribs and brisket. All were exceptional. The sides are a mix of southern and Korean. I recommend the green tomato kimchi and collards.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Attempting to eat here puts a sour taste in my mouth as it is overly stressful trying to park without getting towed.

Food was delicious. Fox brothers still retains the crown in my book, but this is not bad at all.

Had the brisket with slaw sandwich. Was very moist and tender. Could of used a little more umph.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

People drive for miles to eat here. Come for lunch and there's always a queue. Great BBQ Southern style with Korean influence. Most people eat standing at the ramshackle counters outside, but it still has a great atmosphere and intense flavours. Don't be put off by the unprepossessing exterior.

Been to Heirloom Market? Share your experiences!