“Cheesy but fun”

The Shakespeare Tavern Playhouse
Ranked #32 of 286 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Owner description: The home of the Atlanta Shakespeare Company, the Shakespeare Tavern Playhouse on Peachtree Street has an enchanting history and a prime location in downtown Atlanta. We are a professional theatre with food and drinks available before each performance (and don't forget the apple crisp at intermission!)
Atlanta, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Cheesy but fun”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My husband and I went to Shakespeare Tavern for our anniversary. We had never been before and thought it would be nice to try something new. Overall we had fun. We ate dinner before at another restaurant and arrived at the tavern right before the performance. I was able to purchase some wine, even though the kitchen was closing. The place was very crowded so we sat in the back. The people who volunteer were eating their dinner behind us which was a little distracting but not really a major issue.The actors were good and presented a modern spin on Shakespeare. It was very entertaining and although it seemed kind of cheesy we had a good time.

Visited April 2011
2 Thank I_L0ve_Travel_Too

Puno
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Shakespeare + wine + beer + food = Fun”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

If you like Shakespeare and enjoy wine or beer this is the place for you. I totally love it. The food was pretty good. I tried the Coq au vin and enjoy every single bite. Wine bottles were decent and affordable. The Play was awesome, well performed characters and good acting. I will recommend any of the plays here. Can’t way to go back myself!

Visited October 2011
ATL
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Good theatre; fun atmosphere.”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Sit and enjoy a pint or dinner with your Shakespeare. Usually well-acted, especially the comedies, with live musicians. Very accessible. Plan to have †he apple crisp at intermission.

Atlanta, Georgia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Wonderful cultural experience”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Our children will sit and watch Shakespeare here. what more can I say - they ask to return. The cast is always great, the experience entertaining - we will keep comeing back. You will not be disappointed.

2 Thank Giovanna R
Lawrenceville, Georgia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fun night out”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Great local talent performing for love not money. Food is so-so, but its a good time overall