“Wunderbar - Food Delicious”
Review of Der Biergarten

Der Biergarten
Reserve with OpenTable
Der Biergarten is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 3,988 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opening just in time for Oktoberfest 2010, Der Biergarten gives Atlanta residents and visitors a true taste of German culture. Located Downtown within the Luckie Marietta District, Der Biergarten fills a citywide void of beer gardens and authentic German fare while providing world-class service in a festive, traditional atmosphere. Co-owner Wolfgang Hartert, a local resident and native of Germany, provided much of the inspiration for Der Biergarten. As he says, “Atlanta needs a restaurant like Der Biergarten. The significant German population and business community in Atlanta is begging for an authentic dining experience. I know that Der Biergarten will provide Europeans, just like me, a place to share the rich heritage of Germany with American friends.” Der Biergarten is made up of an elegant white tablecloth dining room, an alley with Fussball and table shuffleboard, and, of course, the indoor/outdoor beer garden. With traditional family style seating -a la Munich- and multiple flat-screen TVs, the beer garden is the best place for watching European or American football! Enjoy our authentic German cuisine while being surrounded by Bavarian décor, such as the hand-painted trompe l'oeil ("illusionistic") murals by Alexi Torres Alonso and a German-manufactured model-railroad that circles the restaurant.
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Wonderful food and atmosphere. Ordered the JÄGERSCHNITZEL and delighted with the robust flavor. Good selection of beers. Bring you appetite.

There are newer reviews for Der Biergarten

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Went here last night for dinner. I liked the outside seating but I didnt like all the flies that came to visit after we ordered our food. They were horrible. They were even landing on our skin. This was a total turnoff although mother nature so not the restaurants fault. I ordered the Weiner Schnitzel. The meat was greasy and kind of chewy and the spatzle was very different. It was cooked with cheese and onions in it. I have never eaten it like this even when I had it at my German friends' house. It was not good. I have never left food on my plate when eating German much less at $23.00 a plate. I will not be back. When I am in the mood for German, I will go to Kurt's in Duluth, much better!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stumbled into this restaurant during a walk around Atlanta not far from our hotel. We had recently been to Germany and were missing the German food and beer and came upon this place. We first went in to have a couple beers. We were impressed with the selection and the service from the bartender Calvin was fun and engaging, letting us try a few samples before settling on our brew. In the bar, we observed the food going by and decided to come back a couple nights later for dinner, bringing several coworkers with us. I had the Jagerschnitzel and my husband had Wienerschnitzel. They both came with the best spaetzle that we have ever had with a fabulous salad with a tasty citrus dressing. This was the best tasting German food that we have ever enjoyed. Great job Der Biergarten!!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Very good German food and beer. Super selection of Bavarian beers on tap. Friendly staff.
Park free in the Hilton Garden Inn garage.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

If you like German food this is the place for you. Located close to the Olympic Park it is close walking to many of the local attractions. This place has a deck area with open seating and lots of drinking. For a more quaint mean you have priority seating inside. I recommend inside. My meal was very good with great service. The waiter was knowledgeable of the menu and was helpful in deciding what to eat. The portions were a little small but not bad. The prices are average for the area and food. $$$

Been to Der Biergarten? Share your experiences!