“Nacho Tochos Rock!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed August 30, 2013

OK, so we'd never heard of this restaurant before we came to Atlanta (not our first trip to Atlanta), but another couple at our hotel recommended it so we gave it a try. They told us about their unique menu, including a number of selections based on tater tots, and we were quite skeptical. Then we had them and we happily stand corrected. Everything we had (even stuff NOT involving tater tots) was great! From the drinks, to the appetizers, to the main course, to the dessert, everything we had was new and delicious. I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants good food, but also something a little different.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were just trying to kill a couple of hours and decided to spend them here. What a great place to grab a beverage and a quick bite. They have a decent amount of beers on tap with several being local. We tried one of the appetizers which was tator tots with cheese, jalepenos, and pulled pork served with a side of ranch. Delish! The waitstaff was very friendly and conversational as well. I would recommend this as a casual place to grab some food or a drink with friends. Although we sat inside, it did appear that they have a great patio too!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This restaurant has a prime location right across from Piedmont Park. We sat outside so I can't comment on the interior but the patio was relaxed & comfortable when we were there. There were at least 2 (but maybe 3) TVs out there so if you want to watch a game you'll be able to. Apparently their trademark is tater tots - they do all sorts of different toppings, I think I saw they also have a sweet potato tot & some sort of dessert tot. Interesting angle & it seems to work for them. For a bar type joint I think they have a unique menu. Meaning, normally when you sit down at a bar & look at the menu you don't really have to concentrate or read too carefully since it's pretty much the same wherever you are. Not at The Nook. I think they are pretty creative in livening up the normal bar fare. A few additions of higher quality ingredients really perks things up & gets you excited to try new things. There were 3 of us & I tried to give everything a taste so here goes: appetizer of buffalo wings were tasty & I'm not a huge wing fan, had a bite of the chicken wrap & wasn't particularly wowed (wasn't in the healthy mood I guess), also tried some of "The Peachtree" - which was fried - & it was really good - quality chicken, flavorful honey mustard, they also had plain tots as their sides & they were also really good - didn't seem cheap quality & they were nice & crispy (I would not like a soggy tot!). For my dinner I had the Caribbean burger which is a vegan burger made out of black beans & veggies w/ a fried plantain on top. This was super good - different flavors & textures than I'm used to & I really liked it. I had sweet potato fries as my side & while they were good, they could have been a little hotter - seemed like they were sitting out for a bit. Will try a different side next time as there are some other tempting options (onion rings, bacon mac & cheese, etc.) We also splurged & split dessert - we tried the fried oreos. Yum! I've heard of them but have never had them before. I could be wrong but I think they were the singles - would be even better if they could use the double stuffed! There are 5 of them surrounding a little baby scoop of vanilla ice cream. It was plenty for the 3 of us to share. Oh & had no issues w/ service - everyone was on their game while we were there. All in all I wouldn't hesitate to recommend going & I want to go back myself b/c there were a lot of other things on their menu that I'd like to try. Check it out!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Walked from the Botanical Gardens in the rain looking for somewhere close for lunch. Very attentitive staff, (our waiter was Ralph), sports bar type menu, young local crowd. Judging the place for what they do, this is worth a visit. If your searching for a fine dining experience, maybe best to keep looking. (unless tarter tots and fish bowl sized drinks are your idea of fine dining)

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Right next to Piedmont Park, this restaurant has a huge covered outdoor patio which is always full of locals enjoying each other and watching passerbys. Has great drinks and food!

1  Thank heta l