“Cool vibe & unique menu”
Review of The Nook

The Nook
Ranked #442 of 3,948 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Atlanta, Georgia
“Cool vibe & unique menu”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This restaurant has a prime location right across from Piedmont Park. We sat outside so I can't comment on the interior but the patio was relaxed & comfortable when we were there. There were at least 2 (but maybe 3) TVs out there so if you want to watch a game you'll be able to. Apparently their trademark is tater tots - they do all sorts of different toppings, I think I saw they also have a sweet potato tot & some sort of dessert tot. Interesting angle & it seems to work for them. For a bar type joint I think they have a unique menu. Meaning, normally when you sit down at a bar & look at the menu you don't really have to concentrate or read too carefully since it's pretty much the same wherever you are. Not at The Nook. I think they are pretty creative in livening up the normal bar fare. A few additions of higher quality ingredients really perks things up & gets you excited to try new things. There were 3 of us & I tried to give everything a taste so here goes: appetizer of buffalo wings were tasty & I'm not a huge wing fan, had a bite of the chicken wrap & wasn't particularly wowed (wasn't in the healthy mood I guess), also tried some of "The Peachtree" - which was fried - & it was really good - quality chicken, flavorful honey mustard, they also had plain tots as their sides & they were also really good - didn't seem cheap quality & they were nice & crispy (I would not like a soggy tot!). For my dinner I had the Caribbean burger which is a vegan burger made out of black beans & veggies w/ a fried plantain on top. This was super good - different flavors & textures than I'm used to & I really liked it. I had sweet potato fries as my side & while they were good, they could have been a little hotter - seemed like they were sitting out for a bit. Will try a different side next time as there are some other tempting options (onion rings, bacon mac & cheese, etc.) We also splurged & split dessert - we tried the fried oreos. Yum! I've heard of them but have never had them before. I could be wrong but I think they were the singles - would be even better if they could use the double stuffed! There are 5 of them surrounding a little baby scoop of vanilla ice cream. It was plenty for the 3 of us to share. Oh & had no issues w/ service - everyone was on their game while we were there. All in all I wouldn't hesitate to recommend going & I want to go back myself b/c there were a lot of other things on their menu that I'd like to try. Check it out!

• Visited July 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“What had happened was.......”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Walked from the Botanical Gardens in the rain looking for somewhere close for lunch. Very attentitive staff, (our waiter was Ralph), sports bar type menu, young local crowd. Judging the place for what they do, this is worth a visit. If your searching for a fine dining experience, maybe best to keep looking. (unless tarter tots and fish bowl sized drinks are your idea of fine dining)

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great to enjoy drinks on the patio”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Right next to Piedmont Park, this restaurant has a huge covered outdoor patio which is always full of locals enjoying each other and watching passerbys. Has great drinks and food!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank heta l
Millbrook, Alabama
“Unique blends of familiar foods”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had dinner here at the start of a recent weekend getaway. We read the reviews and the menu, and decided to try it especially since it was within walking distance and near Piedmont Park. We first tried the Totchos. It was very good! They have different varieties, but we picked the Redneck (BBQ pork with SoCo sauce and cheese). If you don't have a healthy appetite, at least order a plate of totchos! My wife then ordered the SoCo Burger (burger stuffed with mac and cheese, w/SoCo sauce) and I had the CariBEAN Buger (black bean burger with zucchini, pineapple, and plantains). We both agree that the burgers were tasty. However, they were huge and after eating totchos, there just wasn't enough room for burgers. The staff was friendly and helpful with selection advice. If you go, try to get outdoor seating and you'll be able to people watch .

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank publius358
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A Nice Time at The Nook”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

After a walk around the Botanical Gardens we were desperate to get something to eat & drink. We took a walk through Piedmont Park and spotted The Nook on the other side of the street.

The outside seating was nice as it was such a pleasant day, the service was spot-on and the food & drinks were enjoyable and hit the spot

All-in-all, no complaints. I'll be sure to visit again when I next come to Atlanta.

• Visited April 2013