“Loved our lunch!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We cam here because it was well-reviewed on Trip Advisor, and the previous reviewers were right. The food was delicious, with a nice variety of salads, sandwiches and entrees to pick from. My dad had the corn chowder and a salad and loved them; I had a steak and it was excellent. We both had a nice glass of wine with our lunch. What surprised me the most was the service: you would not think that when you order at the counter they would be so service- oriented. I would strongly recommend to anyone.

There are newer reviews for Fresh To Order

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had no plans to eat here actually. We planned to eat at South City Kitchen since they have kids eat free M-Th from 5-6, but we arrived 10 minutes late. My mood wasn't good, so when I looked at the menu again, I wasn't really feeling any of the food anyway.

Since we were planning to go to the mall after dinner anyway we decided to just head there and find something to eat there. Was not in the mood for fast food in the food court, and the thought of Cheesecake Factory's portions were not appetizing. This was the last night of our 10 day trip to the south, so the thought of anything fried turned my stomach.

When I saw Fresh to Order on the directory, the name was already appealing so we decided to check it out.

The menu sounded just that...Fresh! Finally, whole foods! I can't tell you how much I appreciated to see salads on a menu.
And the prices were cheap! We were skeptical as to how good the food could be since the prices were so good.

I ordered a greek salad with a fire roasted chicken breast on top (came to about $9), hubby got a caesar with chicken on top (under $9), and the kids meals were insanely cheap! $3.99 for most, and an additional $2 for the steak. Of course my boys wanted steak. GO right ahead at that price! We also ordered a seared tuna appetizer ($5) and got a flavoured lemonade ($2 and free refills).

You order at the counter, and then the food is brought out to you at your table.

Portions were very generous and both salads were very delicious. The seared tuna appetizer was served on a slaw and it was very delicious! A must try!

The kids meals came with a salad, roast potatoes and a drink. The portions were extremely generous for the price, and both kids walked away full and satisfied. I was so happy to finally see a healthy kids meal that didn't comprise of chicken fingers and french fries!

The lemonade (I think it had mango) was really delicious and refreshing. Also tried the vanilla/mint/star anise and wasn't as good, but worth a taste.

I left thinking how Toronto needs a f2o franchise!! It would so do well in Toronto, and I would so be happy to have it ☺

Reviewed February 13, 2013

After shopping all afternoon we found this restaurant at the end of the Mall near the Costco entrance. You walk in and look at a menu and then order your food from the cashier. The staff is very helpful explaining the dishes if you have any questions. You can actually see the chefs cooking the food in the open window. After you pay and order there is a nice selection of unique teas that are self serve. Your meal is brought to your table by a waitress when ready. The meals are served on very modern plates and look very pretty. You can taste the wine used in the sauces and soups. The food is made fresh and is tasty. There is also a wine menu. I plan on eating there again.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had the chicken tortilla soup and southwestern salad with salmon. Everything was very fresh and tasty. This is a healthy restaurant for eating out. So many restaurant chains offer tasty food but it's loaded with calories. The restaurant was comfortable with an up to date style and the service was great. I highly recommend F2O.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Super friendly service! and yes, always fresh. I never have to wait long, and can't seem to order anything besides the wedge salad with ale laced chicken tenders.