“Should be busier!”

Cuisines: Thai
Charleston, SC
“Should be busier!”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

This past week was my second visit to the Thai Star Cafe. My experiences have been great - I really like the decor (not typical Thai; kind of mod-Thai) and the service is excellent. I had the Panang Curry and my husband had the Pad Thai. We split Tom Yum and enjoyed all of the food. In Atlanta you have a lot of choices for Thai restaurants and many of them are very good, but if you should find yourself in a Hammond Drive hotel and you don't want to fight the area's dinnertime traffic or wait for a table at one of the mega-restaurants at Perimeter Mall, I'd recommend dining at the Thai Star.

• Visited January 2012

Atlanta
“Not a fan”
Reviewed December 7, 2011

There are 4 Thai places I am aware of within 2 miles of my home.
This is one of them, and it's #4 on my list.

I got the Masaman curry for lunch, which I usually like.
Every other Thai place I go to puts some fresh avacado on top, not this place.
Trying to save money I guess... there might have been 3 cashews... skimpy there too.
The other places I go to also provide a spring roll or soup or something to go along with it. Not the case here.

On the service, I ordered to go. They gave me the food after a long wait, then started yelling at me as I left the restaraunt. They put another order in with mine by mistake, so they took it back and separated the two orders. You'd think there would be some apology, but they just pointed to the woman packing the order saying she made a mistake.

If you are walking or don't want to drive an extra mile, the food isn't bad.
If I want to get Thai food, there are other places I'll go.

I won't go back to Thai Star Cafe.

• Visited December 2011
Tallahassee, FL
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We were lucky to see the sign for this little cafe and decided to give it a try for lunch. Everything was delicious and reasonably priced. Considering how busy they were at lunch time, service was quick. You order at the counter, take the number to the table, and the food is brought to you along with the check at the end. I ordered the chicken coconut soup and pork pad thai. The pad thai portion was quite large and would have been enough for two.

• Visited September 2011