“Great Lunch”

Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-85
Transit: Marta Bus stops at the rear of Mykonos Taverna, a mere 50 feet from our front door.
Atlanta, Ga
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Really great value for lunch. Had the Neptune Pasta and it came with a really nice salad and a huge piece of baked bread. It was plenty and enough for a second meal.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank p5harri

Celebration, Florida
“Great Greek Food!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stopped at the Mykonos Taverna prior to attending an event in downtown Atlanta. It was more convenient and less crowded than anything near the theater, so it was a great logistical choice.

The first thing that stood out was the warm welcome we received when we entered the restaurant. Our waiter was attentive but not pushy, allowing us time to review the extensive menu. Had we been able to spend more time, we would have chosen an appetizer and a main, but as it was we were glad we didn't. Although one of their appetizers was a flamboyant flaming goat cheese, we found that the main courses were more than we could eat! Each came with a small Greek salad, and both were fantastic.

My wife enjoyed the Spanakopita, and I enjoyed an excellent Moussaka. They have a baker on site who bakes fresh twice a day, preparing the tasty bread served with meals and deserts that appeared fantastic - wish we'd had room!

It wasn't a busy restaurant, but it was very comfortable and had great food. Looked to us as if a lot of people are missing a great bet!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank SavvyTravelerReviews
Atlanta, Georgia
“A++-C=B”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Greeted by the manager and shown to a booth with a torn seat patched with red duct tape, not quite the romantic evening I had in mind. Redemption came in the form of excellent lemon, rice soup followed by spanakopita that was hot, flaky crust, browned to perfection and filled with a delicious spinach, cheese and pine nut mixture. The wine list is unusual and the Greek red I tried was supposed to be fruit forward but the fruit was hard to detect after the initial pour. My entrée was a grilled salmon slice accompanied by mixed vegetables that were not thoroughly cooked and a nice rice pilaf. My wife had a shrimp dish with the same vegetables and was just grilled shrimp. The décor is Greek gosh and I was underwhelmed. Will we go back well there is the lamb to try and the rating averaged to a B.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank James C
Savannah, Georgia
“Great food! Fun experience!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful waiter and great food. He was very knowledgable and helpful to my dinner friend who wasn't versed in Greek food. We shared the Cold Mezze Platter and that was delicious. Then had the Souvlaki Platter and Veggie Moussaka. Both were very good. Great wine selection. Good prices. I would definitely go there again!

1 Thank TiffnJohn
Atlanta, Georgia
“Always terrific! Fresh food and a great value!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Here's what I have done on my father's last two visits to Atlanta: Pick him up at the airport and head straight to Mykonos Taverna for lunch!
We both enjoy the fresh, Greek food. My father had the Greek salad. A medium is sufficient for any appetite--only a group would dare order a large salad.
I enjoyed the salad special with grilled fish over a Greek salad. Our friend had a gyro and the fries, also savoring her meal.
The service is always unobtrusive and good. Food is very reasonably priced and very fresh.

• Visited February 2014