“Great food! Fun experience!”
Review of Mykonos Taverna - CLOSED

Mykonos Taverna
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-85
Transit: Marta Bus stops at the rear of Mykonos Taverna, a mere 50 feet from our front door.
Savannah, Georgia
“Great food! Fun experience!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful waiter and great food. He was very knowledgable and helpful to my dinner friend who wasn't versed in Greek food. We shared the Cold Mezze Platter and that was delicious. Then had the Souvlaki Platter and Veggie Moussaka. Both were very good. Great wine selection. Good prices. I would definitely go there again!

1 Thank TiffnJohn

Atlanta, Georgia
“Always terrific! Fresh food and a great value!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Here's what I have done on my father's last two visits to Atlanta: Pick him up at the airport and head straight to Mykonos Taverna for lunch!
We both enjoy the fresh, Greek food. My father had the Greek salad. A medium is sufficient for any appetite--only a group would dare order a large salad.
I enjoyed the salad special with grilled fish over a Greek salad. Our friend had a gyro and the fries, also savoring her meal.
The service is always unobtrusive and good. Food is very reasonably priced and very fresh.

• Visited February 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“Never again”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Not good...very disappointing, wondered why parking lot was empty, should have been my first clue. Not sure how they stay in business. The worst greek food I have ever had and very expensive!

1 Thank Gigi522
Asheville, North Carolina
“Dining Disappointment”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

The first clue should have been very few cars in the parking lot. Everything was overdone. This included the loaf of garlic bread - it was old, rubbery and even an ugly brown color. We did inquire about that and then were presented with a fresh, golden brown bread. Why did they even serve the other one? The saginaki was rubbery and we've eaten plenty of saginaki to know how it should be. The dinner salads were non-descript. My seafood paella - everything in it was cooked to the point of lack of recognition, which included shrimp, lobster tail, scallops and chicken. What a disappointment for a delightfully sounding dish. The other dish we had - a medley had overdone spanikopita. And when we ordered the Crazy Cake - it was crazy dry - really think it had been there a week.
There were two highlights to the meal - the friends we met and the server, Savannah. I would not recommend a visit to Mykonos.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Linda G
atlanta, ga
“Lemon or lemon”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I would love to give this restaurant a 5. The manager (maybe even owner) greeted us at the door. He was very nice. The service was great. We enjoyed the spanakopita and the calamari were great and the hot bread was wonderful. Don't miss the cheesecake baklava! Now to the entrees. I had the salmon stuffed with crabmeat, my daughter the chicken florentine, and my husband the lamb kabobs. They all tasted like lemon. The food wasn't bad, but we probably wouldn't go back for the entrees. The ambiance and staff were great. The portions were large, but just ok.
Maybe later we will give it another try, it seems like such a gem.

• Visited November 2013