“Southern Hospitality at it's Best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Emory Conference Center Hotel
Ranked #3 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Southern Hospitality at it's Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Attending a wedding and reception at the Emory Conference Center Hotel gave us the opportunity for a long 4-day weekend. Coming from New England, I did not expect to feel such a warm and welcoming reception from the entire staff from check-in, cleaning staff, shuttle service, and the restaurant staff. Complete and Total Southern Hosptiality at it's Best!! A very special Thanks to the cook who when out of his way to prepare an incredibly delicious French Toast for two morning breakfasts. And a Maitre'D, dressed in his finest suit didn't hesitate for one second to make waffles for us. The hotel was immaculate, the rooms were cozy and quiet. 5++ STARS! Would stay here again and again!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JBrunson, Guest Relations Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear JoeBLisaD,
Thank you for nice words about your recent stay with us! We are humbled to hear about your experience at the hotel and can't begin to thank you enough for taking time out of your day to share those experiences with the rest of the world. It sounds like you had a great four day stay, and hope that you will come back and do it again soon. Thank you, again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was relocated to the Emory Conference Center by my company, after a pretty terrible 2-night experience at the University Inn at Emory. (I don't like writing bad reviews, but I have to say, I would not ever go near that place again.) I found that the Conference Center Hotel, despite its large size, has an incredibly, friendly, accommodating, professional, and kind staff. Everyone I spoke to impressed me at every encounter - the woman at the concierge desk my second night (it was 2/5/14 - I wish I knew her name!), Ashley at the front desk, everyone on housekeeping and maintenance, and especially the folks at the Club Lounge - Ivory, Lashawn, Tantanea, and the supervisor, Peter. They not only offered terrific service at the restaurant, but when I came in afterwards with a question about receipts for reimbursement from my job, they all went completely out of their way to help me get the documentation I needed. The restaurant itself is surprisingly solid for casual hotel dining, and I looked forward to my meals there each night (if you eat on the road at lot, you know that's saying something.) I give an overall rating of four stars only because the property is clearly under renovation and some seams are showing structurally, but the staff definitely gets five stars all around. Also, the hotel has one of the nicest hotel gyms I've seen anywhere, and a gorgeous indoor pool. My room was very clean and well appointed, with reliable internet, a comfortable bed - everything you need. A lovely place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear justjanuary,
Thank you for the outstanding review! We are humbled by your kind words and are excited to hear about such great experiences. We have passed your feedback on to our associates to help ensure they get to read about your stay with us. We know that you have many options when it comes to staying in Atlanta, and we are lucky that you stumbled upon us. It sounds like you really got to explore the hotel and experience all we had to offer. Thank you again and hope we get to have you as our guest again soon!
Saratoga Springs, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

This was business travel for a meeting at the CDC. I took the early flight and arrived mid morning 10:30ish - luckily my room was ready so went up and tried to get a nap. I couldn't really sleep, haven't not had breakfast I was hungry and headachy (probably lack of caffeine), so headed down for lunch. Where upon I found that the only option was the price fix buffet. I was on the tail end of lunch and there wasn't much left, and there were not healthy choice options, and a bit pricey for what I got. Could have been the time.

The lobby is cozy, the room was comfortable. The dining room/bar - adequate - I did not eat there - it was tough to get a drink at the bartender was doing what seemed to be triple duty.

There are trails on site, for walking, etc. If you head out the lobby to your right and around to the flight of stairs and then up you come upon a multi-sector area - restaurants, shops, housing, home to a couple chains - bonefish grill - I didn't eat at any of these places, nor shop but others did and said it had many tasty options.

Across the street is the CDC - which of course was why I was there - not much else in the vicinity.

A really nice perk of the conference center is the shuttle that winds around and end up in Decatur - which was really fun to explore - several selections for pubs - beer centric - but top notch. many restaurants to choose from. Good to take the shuttle down, then cab it back - b/c the last shuttle is around 7:30.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank knowtimelikenow
Dear notimelikenow,
Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel such a thorough review of your experience here. We would like to sincerely apologize about your dining experience at our hotel, as the quality of service that you received is not representative of what we strive to deliver. We have shared your comments with our Food & Beverage staff in order to make some changes to ensure that none of our other guests experience the same thing. Again, for this we are sincerely sorry. We are, on the other hand, excited to hear that you were able to make it out and about and see what all there is to offer in the local area. From the hiking trails to taking the complimentary Emory University Cliff Bus to explore the local attractions, it sounds like you had a great time. We would like to thank you again for taking the time to visit with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Fairfax, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

First class choice in Atlanta! Instead being in a high rise in the noisy city, looking out of the window at the rush hour traffic, the two/three-story layout of the conference center in the wooded landscape gives you a feeling of being in a resort instead of being in the middle of a major metropolitan city. I attended a conference, and until now, after 10 years going to Atlanta, I did not know there was such a great hotel. Excellent staff, first class dining, first class rooms and amenities. Right across from the CDC, and on the campus of Emory University. Highly recommendable for any traveler to Atlanta, business or leisure!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear BLS2014,
Thank you for such a fantastic & honest review of our hotel. We are definitely lucky to have had you as our guest and just hope we get to see you again soon. It's reviews like yours that helps other travelers know about our property, as well as a true view as to how close we are in proximity to other locations in this part of town. Thank you again and hope you have safe travels!
Reno, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed three nights at ECCH just about two weeks ago on business. It is a very nice property, though somewhat hard to find if you don't know where you are! It is who. Walking distance of CDC's main campus, so if you are in the health business and do business with the CDC it is a great location to stay at. There is a really cool, trendy little strip mall just down the street as well with a variety of restaurants and other services. The room was lovely with a big window overlooking their garden area and the bed was nice as well. The bathroom was a little cramped, and the tub could be bigger, but those are my preferences of course. Overall I would recommend the property to any and all that need to stay in Atlanta.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Karissa86,
We would like to tremendously thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to visit the CDC! We know you have plenty of options in the Atlanta area, and while we might be the closest hotel, we are elated to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. Thank you again for choosing us, and we hope to see you again soon!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

It’s been a while since I have had such an overwhelming guest friendly stay. Staff was all professional and friendly throughout the whole stay there. Food was awesome. Rooms were quiet and clean! It was easy to get my remote work completed while in the hotel room. Internet connections presented no challenge and speed was tops.

The front desk staff made sure I had everything I needed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Gary P,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the world about your stay at our hotel. We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed interacting with our staff and that both your hotel room and dining experiences were ones to remember. It's kind comments like this that make us enjoy coming to work everyday and try and be the best hotel in Georgia. Thank you again and hope you have safe travels!
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

We were met at entry by the friendliest man. He directed us to check-in: Friendly and informative process; after that our bellman greeted us and we met him in our room. He helped us get settled & oriented. The forest-like setting in the midst of Emory, right in the heart of Atlanta was amazing. Dining options were lovely. Breakfast overlooking peaceful setting is relaxing.

Complimentary shuttle took us back and forth to the hospital. We were always asked how our friend was doing.

Being in a place of such comfort and spaciousness was invaluable to our visit, focused on a dear friend who was critically ill.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Travelartgolf,
Thank you tremendously for the kind words about our staff. We have made sure to share this with them and wanted to let you know how much we appreciated you allowing us to have you as our guests. We just hope that we will get to see you again soon!