“Friendly, well-located and reasonably priced” 5 of 5 bubbles

Emory Conference Center Hotel
Ranked #4 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Friendly, well-located and reasonably priced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Visited for a conference. Booked online and wasn't given a room in the discounted block-rate reservations. However, made this known at check-in and got the same discount as everyone else. So happy from the outset. Room was terrific. Big, spotlessly clean, splendid bathroom (big walk-in shower). Eco-concious (encouragement to re-use towels), but of course you can't get to anywhere else without driving really - so drop in the ocean there. Food was excellent and the check-in and catering staff were super-friendly and helpful. Nice little park down the street (three or four blocks or so), as well as the Emory campus.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our 2nd time staying here. We had a sizable family function with about 70 people coming in. This place is less than 15 minutes from everything in Atlanta; the aquarium, Buckhead, musuems, Turner field, most of the universities and very reasonable priced. No - it's not a luxury 4 diamond resort, but it is a very nice hotel. Our family function rented out the "Wisteria Lanes Bowling Alley" on a Saturday night. We used the hotel's catering & bar staff and it comfortably handled our group which grew to about 120 with the local contingent. The decor is 100% Frank Lloyd Wright right down to every detail which makes this a very unique collection of buildings to wander. Stay here and save your money for 'fun' in town. The only reason I did not give the hotel an "excellent" rating is based on what I believe that represents. The conference center is not trying to impress you with a lot of 'extras' and 'bells & whistles' they're delivering a VERY GOOD experience at a VERY GOOD price and do not try to be something they are not.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Daphne, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were able to get a group rate for our stay and I thought the price was very reasonable. The hotel was very clean but a little hard to navigate. I was most impressed with the hotels strives to operate in a "green" way successfully. The grounds are beyond beautiful so when you get lost you have beautiful greenery to look at. There are wonderful restaurants within walking distance as well. We checked out Marlow's tavern and the General Muir. Great location.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Melissa S
Valdosta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Placed on the side of a hill in Atlanta, Ga, this hotel was fantastic. We stayed in the newer portion and the rooms were spacious a well appointed. Down-side, having to walk the entire length of the hotel to reach an elevator, but this is not a reason to give any kind of a bad mark! Breakfast buffet, lobby bar, pool table, passthru fireplace, swimming pool, work out area, front desk personel, & concierge make up for the lack of elevators. Definately a place we would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mary K
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I just returned from an 8-day stat at the Emory Conference Center and Hotel and I had quite a great experience there. This is by far the BEST conference hotel I have ever stayed at. This hotel is located in a lush, beautiful wooded area – lots of trees and HUGE plants. I wish I had more time to wander around the hotel. The hotel architecture is very nice with mission style furniture and open spaces.
The hotel staff was very, very nice. Maybe it’s a southern-hospitality thing but they ALL smiles and asked you how you are doing. They are probably the nicest staff I have every encountered. The concierge employee (I wish I could remember his name) was AMAZING. He was ready to help and had maps and suggestions before you could even ask the question. Wonderful!
I will note that this hotel places a lot of emphasis on the conferences and businesses they host. The conference rooms where large, well-ventilated, well staffed and very clean. They provided all the equipment you need in each room and offered snacks, beverages and other libations. Everything was served fresh – including the coffee and everything was offered on glass cups and plates (a nice plus). The public restrooms were very well kept and exceptionally clean. The décor was also very nice and not sterile.
The restaurants were also very nice. The daily buffets were amazing and they offered and array of option and healthy food choices (one thing I crave when I am out of town is eating healthy foods). Again, the staff (waiters and waitresses) were amazingly helpful and very nice.

The pool and fitness center were very nice. I wish the pool was outdoor – but again, this hotel caters to conference guests, not vacationers.
So, here are a list of things that could have been better:
The A/C unit in my room was loud. I had to choose between being really hot and/or not sleeping because of the buzzing sound. I chose to be hot as I am a very light sleeper. I had about three lamps in my room and even with all of them on the room was still pretty dark. What is it with hotel rooms and their hatred for ceiling lamps? The wi-fi was a bit slow at night – I don’t know why, but I would lose it after 9pm. I thought the conference center area was a bit hard to navigate - it was a circle of confusing rooms that all looked the same.

Overall, this was a GREAT hotel and I would stay here again if I end up in Atlanta again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank vass78
Saint Simons Island, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

From the minute we drove onto the property, my son & I were treated like royalty. The staff @ the Emory Conference Center Hotel were welcoming, friendly, & very compassionate. My teenage son & I had driven over 5 hours for a doctor's appointment @ Emory University Hospital. The entire staff, including the dining room, put his mind off of his appointment, had him relaxed, & even laughing. It was the perfect place for us mentally & physically.

Leotis, the concierge, called us by name every time he saw us & always complimneted my son on his smile. Grace, our shuttle driver, calmed his nerves, by shwoing an interest in him. They talked the entire ride to the hospital about music & I couldn't have planned it better myself. When his appointment was over, he was excited to see Grace & tell her how it went. It felt like she was family. In fact, the entire staff @ Emory Conference Center Hotel made us both feel like family!
Upon all of our returns to Atlanta, I will only stay @ the Emory Conference Center Hotel! It is the best hotel I have EVER stayed in!!

1 Thank Joanie N
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I went to a conference held at the Emory Conference Center. The rooms were very comfortable. The food was excellent! The campus is beautiful and is very ecofriendly. The staff is very helpful and pleasant. The meeting facilities were very nice and comfortable. I loved that they had free wifi all over the facility. I did use the workout room and it was lovely and very well equipped.

Green Features: Fabulous! Even the staff wear recycled uniforms! GreenLeadersGold level Learn more Green practices Education for guests on green practices Window films help keep building cool Biodegradable toiletries Local plants in garden Staff training on green practices Water-efficient bathroom fixtures
2 Thank taholman