“The best hotel ever!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Saint Simons Island, Georgia, United States
“The best hotel ever!!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

From the minute we drove onto the property, my son & I were treated like royalty. The staff @ the Emory Conference Center Hotel were welcoming, friendly, & very compassionate. My teenage son & I had driven over 5 hours for a doctor's appointment @ Emory University Hospital. The entire staff, including the dining room, put his mind off of his appointment, had him relaxed, & even laughing. It was the perfect place for us mentally & physically.

Leotis, the concierge, called us by name every time he saw us & always complimneted my son on his smile. Grace, our shuttle driver, calmed his nerves, by shwoing an interest in him. They talked the entire ride to the hospital about music & I couldn't have planned it better myself. When his appointment was over, he was excited to see Grace & tell her how it went. It felt like she was family. In fact, the entire staff @ Emory Conference Center Hotel made us both feel like family!
Upon all of our returns to Atlanta, I will only stay @ the Emory Conference Center Hotel! It is the best hotel I have EVER stayed in!!

1 Thank Joanie N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Alabama
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I went to a conference held at the Emory Conference Center. The rooms were very comfortable. The food was excellent! The campus is beautiful and is very ecofriendly. The staff is very helpful and pleasant. The meeting facilities were very nice and comfortable. I loved that they had free wifi all over the facility. I did use the workout room and it was lovely and very well equipped.

Green Features: Fabulous! Even the staff wear recycled uniforms! GreenLeadersGold level Learn more Green practices Education for guests on green practices Window films help keep building cool Biodegradable toiletries Local plants in garden Staff training on green practices Water-efficient bathroom fixtures
2 Thank taholman
Northbrook, Illinois
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised that an independent hotel that is this big was able to make me feel as if I were in a small, boutique hotel. The staff was pleasant and helpful and the concierge, Leotis treated me as if I were a guest in his home.
I can't wait to stay here again!

Room Tip: They are all good. I agree that the south side is quiet and has pretty views of the trees.
Green Features: Love the encouragment to reuse lightly used bath towels.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Janice C
New Orleans, LA
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel is in a quiet but great part of town—obviously accessible to Emory and the CDC, but also a quick drive to many points around, like Virginia Highlands, Buckhead, Little Five Points, Uptown, Midtown, Piedmont Park, Lenox, etc. It’s a little far from the interstate, but that didn’t bother us. We had a quick drive to many restaurants and CVS. We also liked the free WIFI and free parking. We didn’t need the laundry facilities, but we appreciated that there’s do-it-yourself laundry in the hotel.

The front desk was friendly and efficient at check-in, even though we arrived very late at night. We had a feather-free room and this was no problem at all. The décor really does evoke Frank Lloyd Wright—at first, it seems a little confusing because there’s lots of Southern heritage stuff in Atlanta in general, but it works well with the site. The turnoff from the road isn’t totally obvious and the first night, we drove by it twice. The hotel itself is really comfortable, I would say it’s a dressier three-star hotel, though some wear in the common areas can make it feel less so. There are scuff marks on doors and some of the paint, which are really just cosmetic but kind of mar things. The rooms are spacious and clean, and the bathroom roomy and has lots of fluffy towels. Soap products are fruity smelling, which isn’t our favorite, but otherwise perfectly good. We found the building a little strange to navigate, but once you find your room, you’re in good shape.

There’s a nice-looking pool and in general, the shared common areas are very nice. Lots of comfortable couches to relax and a business center to print up your boarding passes. We didn’t eat at the restaurant, but there are plenty of inexpensive places to eat—from student-y places to nice family-type places, which really suited us well.

Room Tip: Ask for directions on how to get to your room, the hotel layout is confusing.
2 Thank Soda100
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and always willing to help. Food at the restaurant was delicious (breakfast,lunch, and dinner). The layout of the hotel and conference center was confusing at times, but this was the only negative. I highly recommend this hotel for a stay in Atlanta.

1 Thank Ryan J
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was very impressed with the facilities and the management. The food was excellent and prepared in a unique manner, a lot of variety. The conference room facility was perfect and every attention to detail was followed. Would definitely look forward to a return visit to this facility.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor and it was very quiet, always had a good nights sleep.
Green Features: Very good, notices to turn off lights and used recycled materials. Nothing overlooked.
1 Thank Scott V
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Here for a business conference. This hotel was excellent in assisting in the conference. The bellhop was a sweetheart. Very
accommodating. Southern
old world charm at its best. Beautiful lush grounds. Lovely courtyard. The pool looked inviting. Lounge areas were comfortable & plentiful.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank mslizzaz
RevMgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
We are so delighted that you took the time to share your wonderful experience with the thousands of visitors that come to Trip Advisor. We are glad you enjoyed our staff and grounds so much! We made sure to share your comments with our Concierge. Thank you and hope to see you again soon!