“Excellent place to stay”

Emory Conference Center Hotel
Ranked #3 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, WA
“Excellent place to stay”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Beautiful hotel. Friendliest hotel staff I've encountered in a long time (maybe ever). I was so impressed with how well I slept (King bed room) that I called the hotel staff after I returned home to ask about the manufacturer of the mattress in my room (up until now we've been sleeping on a premium foam mattress at home, and this was even better). The architecture of the hotel is beautiful, the rooms and public spaces were spacious and quiet, and the breakfast buffet was outstanding. If I had to note anything that could have been better, I noticed that one of the two elevators to my floor was out of order when I arrived. I probably had to wait an extra minute for the elevator, and it was repaired by the time I went to breakfast the next morning at 6:30am. I stay in hotels fairly often, and I sincerely wish every hotel was exactly like the Emory Conference Center Hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with the thousands of visitors to Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I booked a stay based on what the website promoted. There's enough bait & switch going on here for me to be more annoyed than satisfied. First off, don't be fooled by Wisteria Lanes. It is not for "for the public." But I'm a guest, not the public. Doesn't matter, I'm told. Secondly, don't think you'll have a fun relaxing stay, using the pool. It was closed. Why? Because people used it the day before and they were not on top of their game enough to keep the chemicals balanced. How about the spa listed on the elevator as being on the 5th floor? Well, that doesn't exist either. And when I expressed my disappointment to the front desk, they were snarky, suggesting that I could stay somewhere else...or why don't I go shopping instead (do you think they would have said that to a man?)
It was clean. But for what they charge and deliver in contrast to what they promote, I am walking away disappointed. I'm sure you can find cleanliness elsewhere at a price more commensurate and get a staff interested in your satisfaction to boot.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We will take in consideration your comments and continue to strive on perfecting the product and service we provide to all of our visittors. Thank you for taking the time to share all your comments.
Statesboro, Georgia
Reviewed February 11, 2013

What a suprise in middle of the Emory/CDC campus. Beautiful hotel in a peaceful setting reminiscent of a mountain retreat. Rooms are tasteful and the restaurant had a full breakfast buffet. Walking distance to Emory University, Emory Hospital and the CDC. Plenty of undergroud parking.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Doug1088
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thankyou for all the wonderful comments. We appreciate the opportunity to be your gracious host and will share all your wonderfull comments with our entire team.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Last July we were looking for a venue for our daughter's wedding when we discovered the Emory Conference Center Hotel. From the first phone call we made we knew this was the place for us. Uli Burgess was incredible! We were in search of a venue that could meet our specific criteria and as soon as I told Uli what we were looking for she knew exactly what we needed and proceeded to tell me how the ECCH could accomodate our needs. Her professionalism, expert job knowledge and attention to detail are just a few of the reasons that we enjoyed working with her. She truly made the planning process a pleasure! The facility is magnificent; the atmosphere is warm and inviting so much so that many of our intown guests spent the weekend at the ECCH in addition to our out of town guests. Our guests raved about the ECCH. The entire staff at ECCH was extraordinary. They truly go out of their way to make certain that your every need is taken care of. The wedding weekend was perfect. The Silverbell Pavillion where the ceremony took place was magical, the reception in the Lullwater Ballroom was amazing. We had over 250 guests for a seated dinner, a large dance floor, 7 piece band, etc. and it was perfect. Brunch the next morning was at the hotel and that too was exceptional. What a gem the ECCH is! We would highly recommend exploring this hidden treasure if you are in the market for a venue or even just as an intown get away weekend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Fmob18
Weddings are extremely special and we are glad your experience here at the Emory Conference Center Hotel was a memorable one. We will share all your comments with our entire team.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Enjoyed a 3 night stay at the Emory Conference centre with the final conclusion that things could not be better, such a friendly staff and pleasant enviroment, the food was of high standard, Loooking forward to come back soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Hotel Staff did a wonderful job managing our corporate meetings. Staff was friendly and the hotel went above and beyond to make sure everyone had what they needed! The guest rooms are clean and the balcony was very nice. Thanks for a great stay~

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We are delighted that your meeting experience was a memorable one here at the Emory Conference Center. We strive to provide exceptional value and superior cudtomer service for all of our guests. We will share all your comments with our entire team.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is my second stay at the Emory Conference Hotel and this hotel is so enjoyable I look forward to my next stay. The location is great to both Emory University and the city ammentities. The hotel and the grounds are warm and relaxing ,combined with a clean and comfortable room. This hotel came highly recommended to me by visiting Emory parents and I would highly recommend it to others coming to Atlanta. In addition to walking around the wonderful grounds I would recommend a walk or run at the near by lullwater park just blocks away. This hotel is a real treat!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WMT41462
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us.