“Very comfortable”

Emory Conference Center Hotel
Ranked #2 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed two nights during a group business trip. I wish I'd had more time to stay and relax at the hotel, which was very comfortable. I didn't use the pool/hot tub, which looked nice. The room was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast buffet provided a good meal at a reasonable price. The bar had a nice variety of beers that were reasonably priced. The staff were very friendly. A staff member provided an excellent suggestion (Everybody's Pizza) for a nearby dinner location. Wireless Internet connection worked fine with a Linux laptop. Public transit to/from airport: MARTA train to Lindbergh station, #6 bus (Emory) to hotel, ~45 minutes transit time.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Leeskibike
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff during your recent visit to our property. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

There are newer reviews for Emory Conference Center Hotel

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is without doubt the very best place to stay if you are visiting Emory University or the CDC, or anywhere in Decatur. In fact, if I were to visit almost anywhere in Atlanta I'd want to stay here, even if it meant a longer commute across the city. The rooms in the hotel are very comfortable, quiet, and clean, the staff are courteous and friendly, and the location in the woods (but so close to the university) is second to none.

I have stayed here twice for conference trips, and both times my expectations have been exceeded.

When I was on the faculty of Emory a few years ago, I organized several conferences that drew people from the US and abroad, and I have to say that I was always complimented by the conferees and speakers on the choice of hotel. Some of these speakers were internationally famous scientists, and we wanted to make sure that everything about their stay went perfectly: And I'm happy to report that it did, thanks in no small part to the staff at the hotel, the first rate service, and the excellent rooms and facilities. Once in a while we would put up speakers at other reputable (but not especially memorable) hotels in the area, but none of them could compete with this hotel in terms of facilities, service, location, architectural attractiveness, and overall value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David J
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Nice, friendly, but classy staff. Great room value - good size, nice bath amenities. I like hotel rooms where I can get fresh air, and was delighted to have a room with a beautiful balcony, with a couple of chairs. Lobby is peaceful and pretty, staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating, from check in to room service to arranging transportation. Everything smelled good - lobby, hallways, room. Easy 12 minute walk to Emory University - in 25 minutes, you can be anywhere on campus. I'm picky when it comes to hotel rooms, and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Cathy77777
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for the wonder comments. We appreciate you sharing your recent experince with all the visitors to Trip Advisor.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My coworker and I had the pleasure of staying at the Emory Conference Hotel while doing some training at the CDC. Staff were friendly and helpful and attended to all of our needs. The rooms were very nice and the decor felt very warm and inviting. It did not feel or look like a typical hotel room. The grounds were lovely as well. I hope I have the opportunity to stay there again..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank NancyCSB

Thank you for allowing us to be your host during your recent CDC training. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My daughter and I had a wonderful stay here while checking out nearby Emory University. The Center is beautifully appointed, with a decor I wish I could recreate in my own home. The service was pleasant, the rooms spacious and comfortable, and amenities abounded, from frequent shuttle service to a great breakfast buffet. It was nice to sit in the back courtyard area and think beside the fountain. My only regret is not getting a chance to get into the pool/workout room. So I'll have to come back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CindyH2957

We are delighted that you took the time to give us your feedback of your recent stay. We look forward to hosting you again iin the future should your daughter decide to attend Emory University.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stay at the Emory Conference Center twice each year, and the reliability of the accommodations and the staff make each stay Excellent! They have everything you need and they are VERY helpful. Room Service was GREAT for supper and breakfast. The lobby was a wonderful place to meet friends to discuss the day and plan for the next. I gave it a 5 out of 5, but I would give a 10 out of 10 if that were allowed! I truly look forward to staying there every time I'm in town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank William B

Thank you for tasking the time to give feedback from your recent stay. We apprecaite the opportunity you gave us by choosing to stay with us. We look forward to hosting a future stay should your travel plans bring you back to the Emory/Atlanta area

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We recently completed our second 4-day conference at the Emory Conference Center in the past two years. As the conference planner, I do not hesitate to say there is no better conference facility that we have found and I would not even consider another venue for our future events. The Emory staff – from the conference planning team, the dining room staff, the hotel stewards, housekeeping – are all far above what you find in your average facility. As with any event, there are always “glitches” encountered along the way. The Emory staff goes above and beyond to take care of those things quickly and effectively; again, making my job as a conference planner much more pleasurable. The facilities: meeting rooms, hotel rooms, dining room, common area, pool, walking trails – are top of the line. As soon as you pull onto the property, you will feel as though you are at a secluded wooded retreat. Thank you to the entire Emory staff for helping us to have another successful conference. We are looking forward to the next one!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank EduCareSC

Thank you for the wonder, wonderful comments. We pride ourselves in providing exccellent accomodations and superior service to all our customers and are delighted you took the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.