“Great Experience”

Emory Conference Center Hotel
Ranked #3 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Nice, friendly, but classy staff. Great room value - good size, nice bath amenities. I like hotel rooms where I can get fresh air, and was delighted to have a room with a beautiful balcony, with a couple of chairs. Lobby is peaceful and pretty, staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating, from check in to room service to arranging transportation. Everything smelled good - lobby, hallways, room. Easy 12 minute walk to Emory University - in 25 minutes, you can be anywhere on campus. I'm picky when it comes to hotel rooms, and I will definitely be back!

2  Thank Cathy77777
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for the wonder comments. We appreciate you sharing your recent experince with all the visitors to Trip Advisor.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,310)

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My coworker and I had the pleasure of staying at the Emory Conference Hotel while doing some training at the CDC. Staff were friendly and helpful and attended to all of our needs. The rooms were very nice and the decor felt very warm and inviting. It did not feel or look like a typical hotel room. The grounds were lovely as well. I hope I have the opportunity to stay there again..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank NancyCSB
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for allowing us to be your host during your recent CDC training. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My daughter and I had a wonderful stay here while checking out nearby Emory University. The Center is beautifully appointed, with a decor I wish I could recreate in my own home. The service was pleasant, the rooms spacious and comfortable, and amenities abounded, from frequent shuttle service to a great breakfast buffet. It was nice to sit in the back courtyard area and think beside the fountain. My only regret is not getting a chance to get into the pool/workout room. So I'll have to come back!

2  Thank CindyH2957

We are delighted that you took the time to give us your feedback of your recent stay. We look forward to hosting you again iin the future should your daughter decide to attend Emory University.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stay at the Emory Conference Center twice each year, and the reliability of the accommodations and the staff make each stay Excellent! They have everything you need and they are VERY helpful. Room Service was GREAT for supper and breakfast. The lobby was a wonderful place to meet friends to discuss the day and plan for the next. I gave it a 5 out of 5, but I would give a 10 out of 10 if that were allowed! I truly look forward to staying there every time I'm in town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank William B
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for tasking the time to give feedback from your recent stay. We apprecaite the opportunity you gave us by choosing to stay with us. We look forward to hosting a future stay should your travel plans bring you back to the Emory/Atlanta area

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We recently completed our second 4-day conference at the Emory Conference Center in the past two years. As the conference planner, I do not hesitate to say there is no better conference facility that we have found and I would not even consider another venue for our future events. The Emory staff – from the conference planning team, the dining room staff, the hotel stewards, housekeeping – are all far above what you find in your average facility. As with any event, there are always “glitches” encountered along the way. The Emory staff goes above and beyond to take care of those things quickly and effectively; again, making my job as a conference planner much more pleasurable. The facilities: meeting rooms, hotel rooms, dining room, common area, pool, walking trails – are top of the line. As soon as you pull onto the property, you will feel as though you are at a secluded wooded retreat. Thank you to the entire Emory staff for helping us to have another successful conference. We are looking forward to the next one!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank EduCareSC

Thank you for the wonder, wonderful comments. We pride ourselves in providing exccellent accomodations and superior service to all our customers and are delighted you took the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Nestled in the trees in a quiet location. Outside fire pit at night near the bar was ideal for drinking that rather expensive glass of wine. Complimentary coffee in urns outside the dining room as well as coffee maker in the room. Workout room looked nice with numerous machines. The pool was a pleasant temperature and very clean as was the hot tub. Buffet breakfast in the large dining room looked good but could also order smaller portions off the menu. Parking garage below center with free and easy parking.

2  Thank Jane52261
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

We are so delighted that you found The Emory Conference Center so beautiful. We pride ourselves on the beautiful surroundings and superior customer service we provide. We will share all your comments with our entire staff.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at the ECCH for two nights earlier this summer. I found a great rate on a major travel website, and the location couldn't be beat for my meetings at the medical center. Here are my organized thoughts:

Check-in:
Fantastic. Very efficient, staff incredibly friendly, very helpful with information about shuttle service and local eateries nearby (or lack thereof...). The speed was greatly appreciated as I arrived later in the evening.

Room:
It's a little bit of a walk to the elevators to get to where most of the rooms are, but not a big deal at all. The lobby is very nice, and there's a bar/lounge just down from the check-in desk (more on that later). The room was clean and spacious, with all the bells and whistles (nice toiletries, iron/ironing board, nice hangers for suits, etc. in the closet. The bed was incredibly comfortable. I couldn't get the iPod docking station to work on the clock, but the alarm was just fine. The room was very quiet -- despite 2 large conferences ongoing during my stay, I never heard my neighbors, the elevator, or doors slamming in the hallways. A free newspaper was provided in the morning.

Bar/lounge:
Excellent service. Prices are reasonable. The menu is a little limited, but I felt like a burger anyway -- it was quite tasty and was served quickly. The waitstaff is also excellent -- very kind, checked in a few times, water always refilled, etc. Open late (and served food late too), which was nice given my late arrival. It's a nice option, as there's only one other restaurant nearby and it's rather fancy.

Shuttle service:
Really nice touch. Emory is close, but not really walkable. The shuttle is free and punctual, I never waited more than 5 minutes, and the driver gave me his cell phone to call for pickup later in the day.

Overall:
I'd definitely stay here again, particularly at the rate I found online. Not sure if it would be worth it based on their published rates. This is one of the newer hotels in the area, and given all the extra effort I noticed during my stay, I'd definitely recommend it. I didn't use the workout room or pool, but both looked nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jonny S