“A perfect place for a wedding!”

Emory Conference Center Hotel
Ranked #2 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Our daughter was married at the Houston Mill House garden with the reception following in the Houston Mill House. In addition we had our rehearsal dinner in the courtyard of the Conference Center. All of those events surpassed our expectations: the setting was gorgeous, the food was excellent and the service made us feel as though we were royalty! Our wedding party stayed at the Emory Conference Center and found it wonderfully convenient and accomodating. I cannot think of a thing that could have been done better or gone more smoothly. If you are having a wedding and want convenience, excellent service, wonderful care and a beautiful setting, this is the place!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2011

We are so very excited that your precious day was "Perfect" Thank you for allowing us the opprtunity to be a part of your celebration. We will share your comments with the entire staff.

Reviewed May 12, 2011

My oldest son went to Emory and graduated over 6 years ago.My youngest daughter graduated this weekend.We always used to stay at the Emory Inn which is tired and less money but the staff also really nice-this stay I booked at her orientation weekend.Our company hosted a meeting there for 2 days first-the facilities and staff for this were also incredible.The catering manager was not that accessable but I persisted .I would deal with the man in charge unless she gets replaced-she does not return calls ever.
We then stayed on for graduation.They made the parents and families feel so important and took such great care of us.The staff are AMAZING.The front office manager Miss Deandra and the gentleman in charge of rooms-Ricky Plaskett-were honestly amongst the nicest -they went over and above what they were meant to do.The concierge Mr Leotiswas VERY knowledgable and they were so nice and friendly.
For Graduation at Emroy-there is no other place to stay as they have coaches going to the school and it works so well.GO EARLY to graduation to get good seats.
Over all I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel -especially if there for anything with Emory University.
The staff show guests true southern hospitality-even in the dining room and bar.

Room Tip: I always like a corner room
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. An even bigger thank you for the many many years of loyalty to the conference center. We truely value you Mrs Ann for staying with us as oftern as you do and allowing us the opportunity to host you during your meetings or on your visits as an Emory parent over the past 8 years (Congratulations on having two Emory Graduates). We will truely miss you. Again thank you from the entire staff.

Reviewed May 8, 2011

and nothing more. It is your classic ripoff that masquerades as a resort facility. I suppose if you are a business traveller and your tab is being picked up by your employer it is a place you might like to stay. Otherwise, the staff is unprofessional and poorly trained and simply does not undertstand that a place that charges this must has to go the extra mile to keep the customer satisfied. When a guest who does not bring deodorant, shaving cream, etc. due to TSA security at airports asks for those items at the guest services desk, the right answer is not "may I charge that to your room." I made the mistake of staying here during the college graduation weekend where the facility profiteered by doubling its rates. So, for three bills a night I think the place could have absorbed the couple of pennies the promotional size Mennen deodorant may have cost. As for the facilities, there is an indoor pool but no outdoor pool. Worse, there are no outdoor lounge chairs despite ample outdoor "garden" space. Of course, the food and drinks here are characteristically overpriced for the poor quality product. With all the fabulous food establishments nearby there is no reason to eat the dreck at this place. Finally, the room is your average hotel room that appears to have recently gotten new carpet. The furniture is worn and dated. Incredibly, though the room is equipped with a flat screen TV only analog signals are pumped in. So, you end up watching short squat (and snowy and intermittently pixelated) images. All in all, for a plays that bills itself as "inspired by the architectural design of Frank Lloyd Wright" this is a facility with incredible potential that could be so much more with even slightly capable management.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2011

Thank you for your honest and candid feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for failing to recognize your needs and not exceeding your expectations while visiting our property. It is truly our goal to go above and beyond for every customer and deliver seamless customer service. Your comments will be shared with the entire team and better prepare us for opportunities like this in the future.

Reviewed May 6, 2011

Hidden gem, Nice area and safe. Woody area. It did take a long time to find the place. We had to keep phoning. It is hidden. Good location to travel to. We were please with the restaurant also. There isn't very many place to eat.

Room Tip: Stay in the new wing
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are delighted you chose to stay with us.

Reviewed April 28, 2011

After a long drive from South Florida, this was a wonderful stop on the way home. Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. This included the front desk staff and housekeeping. One of the housekeepers even hellped me carry some bags down to my car. I would highly recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank beth20115
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2011

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your return trip from south Florida. We are delighted that you chose to spend an evening with us. Your comments have been shared with the Front Desk and Housekeeping Teams and wee look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed April 26, 2011

I stayed at the Emory Conference Center Hotel this past weekend for three nights. I experienced unprecedented service, supurb food and a feeling of being a"VIP"! My friends and I spent all three days at the conference center hotel and enjoyed swimming, the whirlpool, the healthclub/fitness facilities and also went bowling at the Wisteria Lanes! I am constantly amazed at how well the property keeps updating and improving on what I have always believed to be already the best place to stay in Atlanta. If you are visiting downtown, the Emory area or anywhere in Atlanta, you can easily get to and from the entire city from the hotel, yet you are surrounded by the most beautiful grounds I have ever experienced at a hotel anywhere!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank memories49
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Although I have visited the Emory Conference Center Hotel in the past, I felt it was important to review once again based on this recent stay. The Center continually impresses me with the ambiance and the cleanliness, but most important, is the friendliness and professionalism I observe each time and even more so this past weekend. I experienced the incredible food in each of the dining outlets as well as enjoying the healthclub facilities and new Wisteria Lanes Bowling! The bowling was of course fun, but the place is spectacular! It is immaculately clean and the service was perfect! If you go to Atlanta, this must be the only place to stay for anyone who wants the very best in hospitality.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business