“Hidden Gem”

Emory Conference Center Hotel
Ranked #4 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Hidden gem, Nice area and safe. Woody area. It did take a long time to find the place. We had to keep phoning. It is hidden. Good location to travel to. We were please with the restaurant also. There isn't very many place to eat.

Room Tip: Stay in the new wing
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are delighted you chose to stay with us.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,330)

Reviewed April 28, 2011

After a long drive from South Florida, this was a wonderful stop on the way home. Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. This included the front desk staff and housekeeping. One of the housekeepers even hellped me carry some bags down to my car. I would highly recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank beth20115
RevMgmt, Manager at Emory Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2011

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your return trip from south Florida. We are delighted that you chose to spend an evening with us. Your comments have been shared with the Front Desk and Housekeeping Teams and wee look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed April 26, 2011

I stayed at the Emory Conference Center Hotel this past weekend for three nights. I experienced unprecedented service, supurb food and a feeling of being a"VIP"! My friends and I spent all three days at the conference center hotel and enjoyed swimming, the whirlpool, the healthclub/fitness facilities and also went bowling at the Wisteria Lanes! I am constantly amazed at how well the property keeps updating and improving on what I have always believed to be already the best place to stay in Atlanta. If you are visiting downtown, the Emory area or anywhere in Atlanta, you can easily get to and from the entire city from the hotel, yet you are surrounded by the most beautiful grounds I have ever experienced at a hotel anywhere!

1  Thank memories49
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Although I have visited the Emory Conference Center Hotel in the past, I felt it was important to review once again based on this recent stay. The Center continually impresses me with the ambiance and the cleanliness, but most important, is the friendliness and professionalism I observe each time and even more so this past weekend. I experienced the incredible food in each of the dining outlets as well as enjoying the healthclub facilities and new Wisteria Lanes Bowling! The bowling was of course fun, but the place is spectacular! It is immaculately clean and the service was perfect! If you go to Atlanta, this must be the only place to stay for anyone who wants the very best in hospitality.

1  Thank fireman218
Reviewed April 26, 2011

What a miserable experience! I requested a quiet room when I checked in. I was given a room on the 3rd floor right next to the elevator. I asked to move and was given what's probably the noisiest room in the hotel -- a room on the 3rd floor, level with the ground with a grate outside the window whirring like a jet engine. I tried to sleep to no avail. I asked to move again and was given a room on the 4th floor right next to the elevator. I gave up on moving and stayed up all night listening to the "ding,ding,ding" of the elevator and the conversations of those getting on and off. Needless to say, a miserable experience. I won't be back.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
2  Thank InnovConsultant

Thank you for your comments and feedback during your recent stay here at the Emory Conference Center. We value all our guests and your experience during your recent stay is a concern to our team. As a result we have already adjusted the elevator chime indication notification to a lower lever to prevent this from occurring again in the future. Your candid comments will allow us to continue to provide excellent guest service for future visitors to our beautiful location. Again, thank you.

Reviewed April 25, 2011

I booked the hotel after reading the reviews here and was excited about staying at a nice place in park-like surroundings. We were only staying for one night and arrived in the evening, so our stay was short. My receipt showed us booked into a 'transient room'. It was obvious that the hotel wasn't full, or even close to fully booked, but we were booked into a room with a tiny window overlooking the covered entrance roof. Given the terrible view, it's probably good that the sheer curtain was arranged so that it wouldn't open. The grounds are beautiful and most rooms seem to have floor to ceiling windows. It was late and we were tired and hungry and didn't want to change rooms. When I mentioned my disappointment in the morning I was told, 'You should have told us you wanted a different room, we have no way to know what people want.' As if they didn't know this was a far inferior room and it was my fault for staying in it.

Further, the toilet only flushed if we pushed the handle 3 or 4 times and the bathroom smelled horribly of sewer. We didn't discover this until even later at night and certainly didn't want to have maintenance in or move rooms at that time.

We were told to present ourselves at the concierge 1/2 hour before we needed to leave for Emory University the next morning and we would be brought over on the free shuttle. Although the hotel was aware of the accepted student open house at the University, no arrangements were made for transporting the many kids and parents that needed to arrive at the University by 8am. We were at the concierge desk by 7:30 and watched a van go round-trip twice before we go on it at 8:10. We were late arriving. No apologies. Only as we were being transported were calls being made to use cabs that were sitting there and/or have another driver to take others who were waiting even longer than we were waiting.

Wireless is available in the room for $9/day. Crazy, in this day and age that I have to book at a far less expensive hotel to get this amenity.

I had booked directly with the hotel and prepaid for the room. It seems that may have been a mistake given the way we were treated. You'd think the hotel would appreciate customers prepaying.

If my daughter had chosen Emory for the next 4 years, I would never stay at this hotel again and I'd ensure none of my family members did either.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view!
2  Thank karentampafl
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Had a great stay - wish I could've stayed longer. Enjoyed a great dinner in The Club Room - sit outside and enjoy the firepit and the nature. Loved the fabulous shower in the guestroom bathroom and had a balcony overlooking beautiful scenery. Staff and service were superb as was the meeting room that we spend the day in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends