“Not advised of common seating vs. individual table seating and waited an hour!”

Holeman & Finch Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Holeman & Finch Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #181 of 4,000 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Interesting place... wish we could have dined here but after waiting an hour plus was placed at a row of tables we literally were touching elbows with people on either side of us... was not advised of this when we checked in before waiting that long... when I asked the host for a single table he told me I needed to do that when we checked in! He never advised us of the option nor was it posted anywhere... needless to say at 915pm and traveling all day, we left and went to the Atlanta Fish house which was excellent. This place is mainly very small plates and tapas..

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Interesting common seating approach . Much like a European resturant. The service was timely, solid and server was knowledgeable. The beer selection is limited but the wine and cocktail options are plentiful. The hardest job is selecting the small plates. Awesome oysters, steak and if anyone has eaten at diners 80 to 100 miles southwest of Houston then order the greens. Terrific
Also try the grillion and the lamb liver pudding.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Awesome drinks, burgers, service etc. I have been here a few times and every time feels like the first. I haven't had anything here that I did not enjoy. This place has amazing mixologist and I preferred it to Restaurant Eugene.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I went out for my birthday at Holeman and Finch Public House.The booth was small, however that was the table they had available.

The servings was Tapas style (except slightly bigger portions)

Everything we had however was delicious, a lot of there dishes have bacon(who dose not like bacon).

I first had Poached Egg with Duck Liver, I then sampled a bowel of clams with a milk sauce (with Jalapeno) and my 2nd dish was Fish and Chips, fish being Cod , Chips being potatoe wedges.

You will have to get a table early, they get busy at night.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Ok, I'll admit it. Ever since I saw Anthony Bourdain eat here -- I was psyched to go. When I finally had some time in Atlanta, I made sure I got time in for this place. You should too!

I really wanted the 10 PM burger (yes, it's true -- they only server them at 10 PM and they only serve 24 of them each night). However, I was hungry for dinner too -- so a friend and I went there at about 8 PM (plenty of time to reserve 2 burgers) and decided to snack on some of the other items.

A few things -- this place is POPULAR! It was packed on a Wednesday at 8 PM with a 90-minute to 2 hour wait for a table. Luckily they have a fabulous bar (with fabulous mixologists working it) and you can order food there too. The bar was packed too -- but we were able to grab 2 spots after a few minutes. We ordered some fine craft cocktails and looked at the menu. OMG -- what a FANTASTIC menu -- such awesome variety! I didn't know what to order -- but luckily a few regulars clued us first timers in. We did a charcuterie plate (all home made) and chose 3 out of the 6 possible items -- Lardo (never enough for me -- dry cured pork back fat), braceloa (cured beef), and Lukanka -- which was our favorite -- a spicy pork salami! All served with fresh bread, mustard, pickles, etc. Nom!

We also ordered the Gratinee of Bone Marrow -- or as I call it -- roasted beef butter. A GIANT bone, cut in half, and then roasted is served with more fresh toasty bread and a spoon. Slather the buttery marrow on to the bread and go to heaven. I mean REALLY REALLY good. Bucket list good!

From the locals the cabonarra is to die for, as is the deviled eggs 3 ways, and pork buns -- but the whole damn menu looks fantastic. I was almost wishing I wasn't having the burger so I could eat more food -- but another trip.

And the burger? Yes, it was an amazing awesome burger. Maybe not THE THE THE best I had but it sure ranks up there. It's actually pretty simple -- a double cheeseburger. But the ingredients are all local and fresh (including the home made ketchup, mustard, bun and pickles!) and perfectly executed. Juicy and beefy with a perfect balance. Very good in my opinion!

The service was spot on, with everyone being very nice and polite and helpful (as they could be given how busy the place is). The atmosphere is a public house style place, so don't expect cozy and romantic -- it's crowded and a bit noisy but a lot of fun!