“Excellent Value”

Ranked #13 of 58 Fun & Games in Atlanta
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Going to the Starlight Six Drive-In Theater is like taking a step back in time.  You turn off your headlights, tune the movie in to your car radio and kick back and enjoy movies on the really big screen.
GEORGIA
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Excellent value for the money, a great place to take the family, outdoor atmosphere. I enjoy it everytime I go.

Atlanta, Georgia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Ok, not great”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

This place is in a pretty seedy part of town despite what other elude too. The upside to that is its price. Starlight is a very cheap way to see a double feature.

The grounds are not well kept and neither are the facilities. Sometimes the sound is a little off. We used to go here in college with a couch and a bunch of people to hang out with a movie in the background rather than watch the movie. It is not the best movie watching experience. If you are visiting Atlanta your time is best spent else where. If you live here then you may want to check it out.

Visited June 2011
2 Thank fmjohns
North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“First time going to a drive-in”
Reviewed May 27, 2011

This was my first time going to a drive-in movie and I really enjoyed it. Very economical and easy to find the place. We actually stayed for both movies (Rango & Thor). It was cold the night we where there, but I can this really being fun during the summer months.

There is something I do take issue with...I've read reviews prior to going and people mentioned that it was in the "seedy" part of town. It is not in the "seedy" part of town..it's in the black part of town. If you are scared of black people than you may have a problem...

Overall, I had a great time and experience, I wish we had one closer to home, because it is truly the way to go, especially if you are trying to save a few bucks.

Visited May 2011
2 Thank NorthCarolinaRoy
A TripAdvisor Member
“Love this place”
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Great movies and great times here!!

AdventureAdam
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Going back in time”
Reviewed March 31, 2010

The starlight is an old drive in on the east side of Atlanta that feels like you went back to the 50's. I like to take dates and lay a blanket in the back of my SUV and enjoy the show. The lot has stadium levels for vehicles and has the sound pumping through your car window. A must do in Atlanta if your native to the area!

2 Thank AdventureAdam