“Clean, friendly service, great business hotel”

Courtyard Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #82 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
toronto
“Clean, friendly service, great business hotel”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Was here a few days for a meeting at the convention center. Need to take a shuttle to the convention center (not provided by the hotel), it is not closed to the convention center. However the hotel is located in the downtown area, an easy walk to some of the major attractions, such as the aquarium and the Olympic park.
There's a Starbucks and cafe next to the lobby. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are small and clean.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GMCourtyardAtlantaDT, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, December 12, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay with us. We hope that you choose us during your future travels to Atlanta!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
LaGrange, Georgia
Reviewed June 28, 2014

the hotel expensive for their poor service, unfriendly staff, no bath tub, no parking place,no swiming pool, even no a bottle of water in the room, television doesn,t working, no baby crip
we should ask courtyard ballet parking for one night some body broken our car window and stolen nevigation. we have to cancel our tour in atlanta, now we realize that area most dangerous in america

5 Thank serena882
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Me, my boyfriend and my little brother stayed here on memorial day weekend for my little brother's birthday. When we walked in, the front area was nice and the staff were very friendly and we got to check in around 11 am. The first room we were placed in was nice there were two queen beds, but enough room to walk around in. After 30 minutes, a doorman knocked on the door and told us about a leakage and they were upgrading us to another room. The upgraded suite was nice! There was a fold out sofa in the main area, so that's where my little brother went and there was a door separating that from the main room. Me and my boyfriend got our privacy and also my brother. The restaurant in the hotel is alright, they have Starbucks coffee and you can get sabra hummus from there. It was in a perfect location, a couple of minutes from peach tree, few minutes walk to the aquarium, and coca cola factory. Also the marta is right around the corner. For the price we paid, we got a VERY good deal.

Room Tip: Neither the suite or the room before had any type of good views, but hey you can't beat the pric...
2 Thank Frenchy14
Alabama
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have stayed at many Courtyards, but this one is beyond any of my expectations. The hardwood floors and the elegant decor along with the beautiful bathrooms and multi-toned walls give this place a very inviting atmosphere.

I have to say that most of the hosts here are very warm and energetic!

Those that stood out were

Carlos, when I brought my car to valet he was extremely friendly and polite making my initial experience suprisingly fun and memorable. He made sure that I knew that I would be taken care of without hesitation and how to make my experience better.

The ladies at the Bistro in the morning were very polite and made sure to explain when and why my breakfast was taking so long, and then offered to call me when it was done. I agreed but when I went back to my room a few minutes later there was a knock and they had brought it to me. I can't remember her name, but she had a beautiful necklace on that I had commented on.

This is will be a return trip, and the valet parking was more convenient and seemingly a better deal than the self parking lot.

The only issue I had was that my room was warm even when I had dropped the thermostat to 64 and this was at night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The reason I gave this hotel 3 stars is because the hotel does not have onsite parking (I do understand that many city hotels do not), but here I made the mistake of parking at the '717' lot across the street. I parked there from 2:00 PM to 11:00 AM the next day and was charged $32 because the 'clock resets at 6:00 AM'. I was fooled by the pricing which made it appear that parking for 24hrs would max out at $16. I do realize that this was not the hotel's fault, but being altered to such would have been VERY helpful, instead of paying Manhattan pricing to park.

As for the hotel, the room was very nice (A/C was a bit loud) and staff was helpful/friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
TLYTLE, Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for your feedback as I know how frustrating this may be for finding Public Parking in downtown Atlanta. We offer only Valet at our property for $25 per night to not only eliminates the frustration but also to provide a convenience to our guest with valet services. Hope that when you return to Atlanta and choose the downtown area you allow us a chance to provide you with valet service and make your visit to the area more enjoyable and stress free.
New York
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time in Atlanta, and we loved the Courtyard Downtown! Our room was beautiful and for only $99 it was unbelievable. Everything is modern and clean and the view we had from our room was great. There's even a Starbucks in the hotel - woo!The best part of the hotel is its location - we were able to walk to everything we wanted to see - world of coca cola, aquarium, restaurants, etc. If you're visiting ATL it's only a short drive to the Starlight Drive-In - an epic drive-in movie theater where you can catch a double feature for $8! Definitely worth going to. We would definitely go back to the Courtyard Downtown.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alanna K
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Overall, this was one of the nicer Courtyards I have stayed it. Was remodeled within the last two years, and it was done well. The staff was friendly, the lobby area nice, and the rooms were also well appointed. Pillows could have been a little softer however! And the wi-fi did not work very well at all...even though it is free. People went to the lobby in order to use it, as it would never connect in the rooms (they need to invest in a better system obviously). The Bistro was a walk-up bar that you could order at...a little pricey I thought for what you get, but at least they did have food they made there. There is a parking garage behind which may charge you...but we were not charged. This hotel is in a good location if wanting to be central or close to Emory. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't get near the elevator or vending areas..noisier.
1 Thank csharp59