“Comfortable stay, great hospitality”

Courtyard Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #78 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Comfortable stay, great hospitality”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

It was a 5 day stay at Courtyard. We thoroughly enjoyed the services here. The staff also did their best and made us feel at home. They were very helpful and cooperative. You can ask them and they would provide you with a lot of information about the city. The room we stayed in was quite spacious, the modern amenities made our stay very comfortable. The bathroom was spick and span, and well stocked with toiletries. The availability of wi-fi, that too free of cost, was a very nice touch. The location of the hotel is nice as it has a lot of restaurants around it to try. So it is a really good place for a food enthusiast to explore and enjoy. It was a really lovely stay here for us.
"

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
United States
Reviewed October 26, 2013

room is beautiful, clean, comfortable. location is RIGHT at the top of the MARTA (subway) escalator -- a straight shot to/from the airport. wifi is free & works great. the staff is VERY friendly, helpful, professional -- such a refreshing change of pace. for the price i paid, and for my needs, this was an excellent value, and i had a great stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights for a Falcons vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers game Oct. 19th - 22st, 2013 and this location was perfect and ideal for touring all attractions and route to the Georgia Dome. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful especially Brian who was very kind and informative about the city and its tourist attractions from getting to and/or from the area. Upon arrival I requested a corner room which according to the reviewers since this Building is shaped in a triangular way some rooms my appear small, but the corner rooms are by far the best. But since none of these were available instead we were upgraded to a King Suite on the 11th floor (1109). Which was really nice and spacious. The room itself was a 2 room suite and had amazing amenities throughout. Floors were sort of charcoal grey hardwood which gave it a different feel instead of the normal carpet. Two flat screens in each of the rooms and a sitting area. Bed was comfortable. The rooms were very clean and tidy and cleaning service were very great with this as well. All of this met my expectations and more. Everything that we visited, CNN, Coca-Cola, Underground Atlanta, Georgia-Dome, Olympic Park, Shopping Malls and Martin Luther King Center were all within walking distance from the hotel. The Marta station was just at the corner and very convenient from traveling to/from airport which took about 20 minutes of commute time each way. Complimentary computer/internet usage in the hotel lobby was a plus for checking in and printing out boarding passes. Plenty places to eat within walking distance as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel and if I ever come back to visit Atlanta again this would be my 1st pick.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ez2cyunvtee
michigan
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I spent two nights at this hotel and enjoyed my stay very much. I really liked the decor of the room, very minimalist and modern, with huge windows. Bed was extremely comfortable. I was very impressed with the front desk staff as well, they were always friendly and very willing to help. The housekeeper forgot to replace all amenities....coffee, shampoo, conditioner, so I called down to the front desk and someone was up to my room within 5 minutes to replace these items. The location is very convenient, within a block of Peachtree St with many restaurants to choose from. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner room had a great view of CNN headquarters and large windows.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Waynesboro, Virginia
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Having stayed at many courtyard hotels over the last several years, I tend to expect them all to look and feel pretty much the same. I found this hotel to be a very pleasant difference, it has much more of a euro chic feel (much more like a Springfield Suite, with the color schemes, tile floors, glass door shower, etc). Free internet, typical bistro breakfast (not free), very nice business area and decent fitness room (although equipment was definitely showing some age, with the elliptical making a rather ominous thunking sound!) . Only real complaint was the size of the room, very compact, which wasn't a problem, but the lack of a desk was an issue as it made doing work in the room difficult. The nice business area did make up for this issue. Location is just about perfect, many businesses and restaurants in vicinity and MARTA right next door.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeff L
Atlanta
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights when we went to a festival in downtown Atlanta. It was wonderful. It is a small boutique type hotel. The front desk and valet service was great. They got our car quickly and would always run and grab us a cab from the main street. The room was very nice and clean with a large bathroom (shower only). Even though you are staying downtown, it is very quiet since you are on a very small side street. We slept late. The hotel itself is quiet as well. My only complaint is the small pillows and the sheets we had needed to be trashed. They were starting to peel. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmandaK95
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a night for our 10th anniversary. It exceeded my expectations and wasn't your average Courtyard. It definitely had a boutique look and feel. We had excellent service when we checked in and were upgraded to a king suite on the top floor. The room was clean and spacious and the decor contemporary. I liked that the room had hardwood floors, it just seems cleaner than carpet. The bathroom was large and I liked that it had a huge shower.

You can't beat the location for downtown. It was within walking distance of many downtown attractions and restaurants. We even stumbled onto a Ferris wheel nearby which was fun.

The staff was professional and helpful and offered the great service I have come to expect of Marriott hotels.

There was free wi-fi here and the Cafe Bistro on the first floor served Starbucks coffee and Tazo teas. We ate a quick lunch there on our way out and it was good. There is a fitness center but no pool.

Room Tip: Get a suite if possible.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple