Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvalet parkingmarta stationcentennial parkwalking distanceoffice buildinggeorgia domepeachtree streetan older buildingcorner roomcomfortable bedwould stay here againfront desk staffone night staycoca colafitness roomlocation was perfectup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel was staffed by extremely friendly and courteous personnel. The room itself was amazing with a terrific view of the sunrise and an extremely large glass and granite style bathroom. It felt like a hotel from NYC. The location was terrific at the center of the city and right around the corner from the MARTA. There was a NY style restaurant and cafe off of the lobby. Very cool place - I will return.

Room Tip: Hi rooms facing the sunrise have gorgeous views!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Luv2travel60996
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Let me begin by saying I travel extensively both in the states and internationally. I stay at mostly Marriotts and Hiltons. This time I was taking my son to Atlanta to go to the Braves games. We stayed five nights at this hotel. It is the only place I will ever stay in Atlanta now. The location is perfect and very safe. You are right around the corner from the MARTA subway station and there are police in the area at all times. You easily can walk to CNN Center, World of Coke, Aquarium, etc. There are many good places around to eat. I recommend the Ted Turner Steakhouse for amazing bison meals. Also, the hotel restaurant was great and very original items but they are making it a new restaurant now so I am disappointed.
Customer service and hospitable staff were the greatest part. They went out of their way to take care of special requests and to make us feel at home. They remembered us each time we came back to the hotel. There is a small snack/beverage store in the lobby which was nice. There are great private areas in the lobby to use the internet. The rooms have massive windows. The rooms are very big and modern and the bathroom is very cool and modern. This is not like any other Courtyard you would have stayed in. Reminds me more of a boutique hotel with bigger rooms. The rates were great too. I HIGHLY recommend this for anyone going to Atlanta. You will be treated as a true guest. Tell Michael we sent you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Linda L
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The name is great, location very convenient, employees very helpfull, always with a big smile on their faces but... not changing the bed sheets even once and not cleaning the floor even once during a full week, can give you an idea about the cleanliness.
Moreover, the hotel does not have a breakfast room- there is just a Cafe where you have to wait very long to get something like a breakfast, no room service...
It is not worth the money they charge!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SABAIstanbul
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed while dragoncon was happening downtown. Everything about the hotel was great except the price. This was expected since it was so close to The events. the parking is always high at $25. But again the locaton is great.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights. A very nice boutique hotel. We stayed in a corner, king size room which was clean and very nice. The only thing of question is that the bathroom door reminds you of a barn door, sliding to open and close, and does not have a tight fit. There is a good size gap between the edge of the door and the wall leaving a direct line of site to the toilet. So, if you need your privacy, you may have a problem with this. One of the two elevators was out during our stay and seeing this is a 15 story or so hotel, that proved to be a hassle. The hotel did put the service elevator into use when needed. My wife indicated the fitness center was excellent. We happened to get a Marriot Rewards deal of $94/night which included valet parking. Otherwise, valet parking is all the hotel offers and it is $25/day. There is a public parking lot across the street if you want to do your own parking. I did not check out their prices. The hotel is within walking distance of the aquarium and other downtown tourist sites, however at night there is not much to do in the neighborhood outside of restaurants and a couple of jazz clubs. If you want to do anything else, you will need your car or take public transportation (which we did not do). Some people may have issues in walking the neighborhood at night, but my wife and I had no trouble.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a corner room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple