“Best hospitality ever!”

Courtyard Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #80 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Let me begin by saying I travel extensively both in the states and internationally. I stay at mostly Marriotts and Hiltons. This time I was taking my son to Atlanta to go to the Braves games. We stayed five nights at this hotel. It is the only place I will ever stay in Atlanta now. The location is perfect and very safe. You are right around the corner from the MARTA subway station and there are police in the area at all times. You easily can walk to CNN Center, World of Coke, Aquarium, etc. There are many good places around to eat. I recommend the Ted Turner Steakhouse for amazing bison meals. Also, the hotel restaurant was great and very original items but they are making it a new restaurant now so I am disappointed.
Customer service and hospitable staff were the greatest part. They went out of their way to take care of special requests and to make us feel at home. They remembered us each time we came back to the hotel. There is a small snack/beverage store in the lobby which was nice. There are great private areas in the lobby to use the internet. The rooms have massive windows. The rooms are very big and modern and the bathroom is very cool and modern. This is not like any other Courtyard you would have stayed in. Reminds me more of a boutique hotel with bigger rooms. The rates were great too. I HIGHLY recommend this for anyone going to Atlanta. You will be treated as a true guest. Tell Michael we sent you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor
3  Thank Linda L
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Atlanta Downtown

Reviewed September 6, 2012

The name is great, location very convenient, employees very helpfull, always with a big smile on their faces but... not changing the bed sheets even once and not cleaning the floor even once during a full week, can give you an idea about the cleanliness.
Moreover, the hotel does not have a breakfast room- there is just a Cafe where you have to wait very long to get something like a breakfast, no room service...
It is not worth the money they charge!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SABAIstanbul
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed while dragoncon was happening downtown. Everything about the hotel was great except the price. This was expected since it was so close to The events. the parking is always high at $25. But again the locaton is great.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights. A very nice boutique hotel. We stayed in a corner, king size room which was clean and very nice. The only thing of question is that the bathroom door reminds you of a barn door, sliding to open and close, and does not have a tight fit. There is a good size gap between the edge of the door and the wall leaving a direct line of site to the toilet. So, if you need your privacy, you may have a problem with this. One of the two elevators was out during our stay and seeing this is a 15 story or so hotel, that proved to be a hassle. The hotel did put the service elevator into use when needed. My wife indicated the fitness center was excellent. We happened to get a Marriot Rewards deal of $94/night which included valet parking. Otherwise, valet parking is all the hotel offers and it is $25/day. There is a public parking lot across the street if you want to do your own parking. I did not check out their prices. The hotel is within walking distance of the aquarium and other downtown tourist sites, however at night there is not much to do in the neighborhood outside of restaurants and a couple of jazz clubs. If you want to do anything else, you will need your car or take public transportation (which we did not do). Some people may have issues in walking the neighborhood at night, but my wife and I had no trouble.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a corner room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The hotel was very nice. This was my first time staying at a Courtyard hotel. The rooms were spacious and gave a loft feel with the high celings and the hard wood floors. The bathroom was very big and the door was neat with the mirror. the lounge/computer was a nice add on. they dont have breakfast but that was fine there are plenty or food options available at your door step and the marta station is right next door. i did park at the parking deck and it is very tricky as far as rates so you have to read carefully but I saved about 20 bucks by doing that verses the 25 dollar a night for valet (I was there 3 nights). All in all it was a great hotel. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: With the rooms i noticed on the emergency escape chart that some rooms are smaller and tighter so th...
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I booked two nights through priceline. But I moved out on the next day. I have to find another place to stay. There is no desk on the room. The so called closet shares with refregirator, coffee and ice box. Who will hang their cloth over a refregirator! The hotel stuffs did not help anything at all, like you own them so much. Waiting long time for the elevator, noise on the hall way that could be hear clearly after midnight, the bath room door opens but blocks the access to the shower place and toilet.

3  Thank kk h
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife & I are in Atlanta for a couple of nights as part of our road trip. We wanted to visit the aquarium while in Georgia & this hotel is ideally situated as a central base. Our room is an adequate size althought the bathroom is a tight squeeze. The shower is a good size and overall the room is of a modern design. The bed is ok, not great. Free wifi is always a bonus and there is a fridge & safe hidden in the wardrobe! The coffee maker could be of a better quality but that's a minor issue. There is a good cafe bar next door also. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Atlanta downtown.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple