“Convenient, excellent service.”

Ranked #80 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Munster, Indiana
“Convenient, excellent service.”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

The hotel staff was excellent...very attentive and helpful. The Courtyard was one block from public transportation and a few blocks from the convention center, CNN, Centennial Olympic Park and more. The hotel had a small restaurant, coffe shop, bar. The rooms were neat and clean and the bathrooms very modern and spacious. Would recommend this hotel to anyone! If you'd like a nice Italian place to eat, try Azio.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor....awesome view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2011

If you're looking for a quirky, funky hotel, book here. Unfortunately, I wasn't... but I wasn't disappointed, either! This property has a ton of “Good thing / Bad Thing” stuff going on. Good: The rooms are clean. Bad: The rooms are so small, they’re tight. Good: Elevators are modern and they arrive eventually. Bad: They’re slow and cramped. Good: The AC worked. Bad: It was noisy. Good: Downstairs is a great wine bar. Bad: Try getting service! Good: The room furnishings are new. Bad: I needed a desk and the closest thing I could get to it was to dragging the phone table (about the size of an album cover) over to the bed. Good: The hallway was noisy. Bad: The floorplan is small so there aren’t many people in it. Good: Light in the bathroom. Bad: Light in the bedroom. Good: Only queen size beds. Bad: The room couldn’t take a larger bed.

Net-net, the people running the place and cleaning the place and working at the hotel are superb, so I don’t necessarily want to steer business away, but if you’re travelling on business, you may want to pass on this one. From now on, I’m going to ask ahead if the room has a desk. Silly me – I thought that was the norm…

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I picked this hotel because it was the closest to East Lake CC where my family and I were attending the Tour Championship on a package that we had bid on and won at a Charity Auction. The package came with accommodations form Courtyard. I was very busy and just booked the room for one night late one night on the internet. Suffice it to say I should have been more observant of the details... Anyway, Brian the manager couldn't have been nicer or more helpful! He walked us around the block to point us to the Hard Rock for dinner. The next morning he was coming into work and saw us sitting outside in the restaurant and give us a big hello! I haven't experienced that level of customer service anywhere outside Walt Disney World!. The hotel itself was eclectic a converted building which had a lot of character. The room was an odd layout but very spacious. I'd had hotel rooms smaller than the bathroom. Very enjoyable and I'll definitely stay there again when I'm in the area! It's definitely a business hotel but with that level of service anyone would be glad to stay there.

Room Tip: This is primarily a Business hotel. No Pool or anything to keep the kids occupied for very long. T...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve J
Virginia
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by stumbling across this Courtyard Marriott property. The room was clean, decorated well, and very new as the hotel just opened in January 2011 stated the hotel staff.

The shower was great and very spacious. The location was also good because it was located across from the Peachtree Marta. The parking was $25 but was expected in Atlanta. This hotel is right beside the Ellis Hotel which is where we stayed the second day in Atlanta. The Courtyard was a better experience overall, and I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2011
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The only reason that I did not give 5 stars is that all Downtown Atlanta hotels have drawbacks. But, if you have to stay downtown, this is a good place. The service at the front desk and valet was very good. It was a crazy, busy time with two sporting events, a trade expo and a college event. We were upgraded to a corner room and the assistant manager took up our bags himself. The hotel is in a renovated 1930's style office building. European and contemporary in style. Adjoins a cafe/restaurant/bar with reasonable prices and okay service. Would book here again if we needed to be in downtown.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank PattyH999
Orange County, CA
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I'm all over the place and have been to the Marquis, the regular Marriott, the Residence Inn and now this property. It's the best in my opinion and I had my company sign them up as the preferred hotel for our travelers visiting Atlanta. The staff is very friendly. It's easy to get to both on and off the freeways. Valet was timely. The rooms were spotless and very comfortable. If all Courtyards were this nice inside, I wouldn't think twice in other cities. It's very modern with marble bathrooms, great A/C in the rooms and breakfast at Cafe Intermezzo (attached) was great. Normally, I stay in regular Marriotts or Renaissance hotels but this place was great.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank ExitRowAisle
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I must start by saying that this is by no means your typical, run of the mill hotel. We stayed with the Courtyard Atlanta Downtown, for a Braves Game 7/30 - 7/31, and would recommend this excellent, modern hotel to anyone looking to do the same. The property was very easy to find, being not far from the 75/85 exit in Downtown. Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly, personable staff who made our valet, check-in and luggage processes a breeze. As a nice surprise, we were kindly upgraded to a larger room. The room was wonderful, well lit, modern, with all the amenities one could ask for. The room was well stocked, plenty of towels, bed was comfortable, with a nice armoire, which itself was lighted and contained a small fridge and safe. There was a nice sized LCD TV, frameless glass shower, neat lighting in the bathroom, and great water pressure, and free WiFi. The most notable feature of the room was the faux-wood flooring, which was a welcome modern twist, to get away from the usual hotel wall-to-wall carpeting. Overall, combining the close proximity to Turner Field, number of amenities provided in room, and quality of staff and rooms, this will now be our go-to Atlanta hotel property. With all that said, there were only a very few (3) things we could think of that could stand improvement with the hotel, none of which, negatively impact my opinion of this great property. First, the air conditioning (which is nicely controlled by a thermostat and ceiling vent, instead of the typical window-type hotel unit) was VERY powerful, and seemed to cycle many many times through the night, even though we kept it set to 75*F. Next, this really didn't bother us, but for a light sleeper I could see this being an issue, the elevator "ding / buzz" seemed resonate through the building, due to the aforementioned awesome faux-wood flooring. Lastly, due to being contracted to a 3rd party, the Valet Parking seemed to get swamped through the day, especially on game days where many guest were traveling out at the same time, so make sure to leave plenty of time for them to get your car. Just one note to the Valet's credit, these folks were working VERY hard, I believe our delays were based solely on volume of guest issues, and not and problems with the valet staff. They were personable, professional and polite, all while working in the the Atlanta heat, rain and other elements, and accessing a 9 deck parking facility with no elevator. All things said, thanks to the Staff @ Courtyard Atlanta Downtown for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple