“Great Meeting Site, Phenomenal Staff”

Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Ranked #12 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 13, 2014

First, I want to commend the staff, because our trip, and meeting, went off without a hitch because of the amazing staff. I didn't catch any of their names, except Betsy, our meeting planner, and Josiah, the gentleman who helped me carry some things to my car. First class all the way, gracious, considerate, attentive, and treated us like we were the only ones there.

The site itself is premier for meetings. Some of our group came in the night before, some came in the day of and took the train over from the airport. Super convenient. The rooms were great, comfortable and spacious. The meeting room was perfect for our needs, and the app for requesting things came in very handy.

I would have, and plan to have, more meetings here in the future.

There are newer reviews for Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

We were there for a football recruiting/camp visit to Georgia Tech. The rooms were clean; beds comfy; lots of amenities. The gym was the best! Staff was great! My kids and I had a late night dinner at onsite restaurant - and our server was polite and cheerful. Even though about a 20 minute drive away from downtown - it was worth it! Will definitely stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I can't think of one single thing that wasn't over-the-top great about this hotel.
Check-in was fast and the front desk staff were courteous, friendly and professional. Our room was spotless, the beds were extremely comfortable and there were even a variety of different pillows from which to choose.
The food in the two different restaurants was so good that my wife mentioned that they were the kind of places one might actually come to eat even if you weren't staying in the hotel. (Huge Compliment). The hotel itself was super convenient... We just hopped on the FREE dedicated parking and hotel train at the airport and 2 minutes later we were checking in. Even the service and wait staff were gorgeous. Our server looked like a model.

I have done nearly 2 million miles in the air in my career and even though we were only at this hotel for one day, it stands out in my mind as one of the easiest and most enjoyable hotel stays I have ever encountered.

I will definitely be staying at this hotel the next time I am in Atlanta.

Room Tip: I can't imagine that there is a bad room. Despite being next to the airport, we didn't hear...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Darren C
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I have stayed here more than 20 nights. The hotel is a short 5 minute free SkyTrain ride. After exiting the train it is a short walk to the entrance. The rooms are the quality you would expect from a Marriott, comfortable and with online amenity requests available. There is a Starbucks in the lobby and the restaurant is good. Occasionally I take the SkyTrain back to the airport and eat at one of the restaurants there. I also go to the airport to use catch the train into the city....easy.

I can highly recommend this hotel.

2  Thank Cheryl V
Reviewed June 7, 2014

There is a train that goes from the Atlanta Airport to the car rental facility. In between these two endpoints is a conference center with two hotels, and this is one of them - so it is very convenient to the airport.
I stayed two nights - my flight arrived late, so my first night in Atlanta was at this hotel, and since my flight left early, my last night in Atlanta was at this hotel also.

The location is great. The hotel is a very nice facility. The rooms are well laid out and properly equipped. The bed is comfortable, the bathroom is nice, the television is good, desk great for working...coffee /tea making area is in a nice little alcove. The concierge lounge was better than average in US Marriott properties. The staff was efficient, friendly and seemed genuinely caring. Apparently, this is one of the top rated Marriott hotels in the United States, and I would agree.

It was raining badly out, so I took a walk and they have extensive conference facilities that are well laid out.

I had a Marriott burger in the champs bar, it was good.

I have had one breakfast in this hotel, the other times, it was unfortunate that I was leaving too early.
The breakfast buffet was good. The server I had was really outstanding. As I was thinking about that, I noticed another table the guy was telling her he wanted to let the GM know how fantastic she was. I hope the GM is reading this review.

On my way out, I was talking to the food and beverage manager, telling him the breakfast operation was top notch. This guy was interesting and well spoken (and actually I believe he speaks three languages).

This is definitely a good hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: I've had three rooms in different areas of the hotel and they were all good.
1  Thank guy_traveller
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here before, also for business, and the convenience to ATL cannot be beat. It takes no time at all to get to the hotel from the terminals on the SkyTrain. The hotel is modern with plant of good dining options. I know I will be back! I recommend this place.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is a great property. Its clean, close to the airport and the staff is terrific. I have stayed here a number of times and have always been impressed by how well this property is managed. The monorail and ability to get in and out quickly make this is an exceptional experience...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JDVegas11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Atlanta Airport Marriott
Atlanta Airport Marriott
#3 of 26 in College Park
SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Renaissance Atlanta Airport Gateway Hotel

Been to Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway? Share your experiences!