“Excellent visit”

Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Ranked #14 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 15, 2013

From the minute we arrived until the second we left our experience was first class. We made a quick trip to Atlanta for Braves and Falcons game over the weekend. We had never stayed at this particular hotel but they offered a Braves Weekend Package that looked great so we tried them. This will be our PREFERRED hotel in Atlanta for every stay! The staff were so courteous and caring the rooms were extremely clean and nice, parking was easy and the location can't be beat! Loved it! Tiffany greeted us and made us feel right at home from the second we began our check in. Tiarra?...was our hostess for breakfast and you will never feel more at home than she made us feel:) She is also in the new Marriott Video and it is easy to see why with that customer service award winning smile and personality! Can't wait to go back to visit.

Room Tip: We were fortunate and were upgraded to a luxury suite but as we walked down the hall all rooms looke...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband just got back from a very short but wonderful stay at this beautiful hotel! Tiffany was AMAZING at our check in! Our room was beautiful a comfortable King size bed and a separate seating area. The lobby was beautiful as well. I would defiantly stay here again and cannot wait to do do. The convince to the airport in my opinion cannot be beat.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed here at the courtesy of Delta as my connecting flight was cancelled.

The hotel is easy to access from the main terminal, you simply cross the road and catch the sky train monorail system. It drops you at the hotel.

The property is very nice and well maintained. Check in was easy (which is not the case at Marriott's in Europe always). The team recognised my status, gave me an upgrade and no discussions!

The room was a good corner room and very quiet- I could not even hear the mono rail passing every few minutes.

Unfortunately the restaurant service was not great, the food however was ok. I would have spent more in the restaurant bit they handed me the check after I finished my main meal!

The hotel has a market place shop which is great. It's good to see this concept in full price Marriott hotels and not just in Courtyards. Overall the stay was good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I've stayed at many-a-Marriott and was very impressed by the Gateway. Got the platinum room upgrade and really blown away! The bathroom was incredible. The restaurant was quite good as well. Highly recommend this place! It's also really convenient with the tram service to the airport.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Rather than making a late night flight home, my wife and I booked a room here following a trip to Ireland. The staff was truly impressive. Every person we encountered was helpful and cheerful and made you feel that they were genuinely happy you were staying at their hotel.Kudos for the hotel's hiring and training efforts. Reasonably priced and the train to the hotel from the airport was a great convenience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here just one night before flying out of Atlanta. It's a great hotel. The staff was friendly and wonderful, the rooms are spacious and very modern, it has a great sports bar and restaurant. I would have a wedding or other social event here. I loved the new hotel and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Every room is probably great. We called and booked it directly.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hotel is great for when you are traveling and have a layover in Atlanta, it close to the airport and very well connected.
From the international terminal you have to take the bus (#3) to the domestic terminal and from there you take the skytrain directly to the hotel.
The service is very good and the staff is very friendly, my arrival was late so I didn't see to much at night of the hotel.
The room service is one time and the food they serve is good.
In the room there is a very good bed and the room it self has plenty of space, even if you want to stay longer than just a night.
there is a bar downstairs where they also serve breakfast in the morning, a simple but good buffet.
I would go back here if I need to stay in Atlanta.

Room Tip: As the hotel is near the airport there will be some noise from planes taking off, but the room I had...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo