“Convenient, friendly service”

Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Ranked #12 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a meeting. Very convenient to the airport, just a short shuttle train ride. Every employee I met, from cleaning staff, to front desk, to wait staff, was very friendly and polite. This speaks to a good training program and attention to detail. If you need to have a meeting where people can get in and out conveniently, this is it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Kevin P, Manager at Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Thank you so much for your positive review from your stay with us last week. It's great to hear you mention the convenience of the SkyTrain as a fast and efficient way to get between the hotel and the airport. It's even more rewarding to read your comments about our excellent staff we have here at our hotel. When you have a team that performs like ours, it's so rewarding and it fills me with an overwhelming sense of pride. They are what make the Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway so successful and helped us achieve the honor of being named 2012 Hotel of the Year among all of the Marriott hotels in the Americas.

Again, thank you for your kind word and we hope you come back and see us the next time your travels take you to Atlanta, whether business or pleasure. All the best!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I arrived 4 hours earlier than the 3:00pm check -in and the front desk let me check me in early. The suite was spectacular, and very very CLEAN!!!! loved it. The staff is superb, everyone asks you in passing do you need any assistance. they are all wonderful. they wont even let you open the door lol....wish i could have stayed longer and especially visit the sports bar in the lounge. i will be back!!! AWESOME HOTEL!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TeeMIA
Kevin P, Manager at Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about your stay with us. I'm so happy to hear about your positive experience with our team and that you were very pleased with the quality of your room. I can't imagine anyone who doesn't enjoy seeing "A+" when being evaluated on the job that they are doing, so once again, THANK YOU! You are very kind. I hope you will choose us again in the future, whether on business or leisure and allow us to provide you with another A+ Gateway stay!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I can't imagine a more convenient hotel to stay at if you have a morning flight out of ATL. The hotel is very nice, offers comfortable clean rooms with those wonderful Marriott beds and are average (if not slightly larger) sized compared to other Marriotts I stay in. The hotel was hopping with business travelers and conventioners, the bars were full and I saw plenty of folks eating in Champions. I only had a few beers while watching a baseball game in the sports bar but everything I saw come out looked delicious.
Check-in/Check-out went without a hitch, All areas of the hotel I experienced were beautiful and very clean. Concierge lounge offered evening snacks/light dinner and the standard Marriott Concierge breakfast buffett.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

We certainly appreciate your kind words and positive review of your stay with us. I am pleased to see that the team executed well and that you were very satisfied with the quality of our product. I hope that you will come back and see us again the next time you're here in Atlanta. You need to experience our newly enhanced Greatroom Lobby concept which provides an excellent environment conducive for both work and play. Also, try an item from our new menu like our Crispy "Boom Boom" Shrimp or our three varieties of soft tacos; blackened fish, grilled skirt steak or roasted mushroom.

Thank you again for your generous review and we look forward to seeing you again real soon!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

There are a lot of nice hotels around the Atlanta airport, but this one is especially nice and it is one of the most convenient. The tram to the rental car area is just outside the door from baggage claim, and the hotel is at the first stop – next to the convention center. For most of the other hotels in the area, you have to wait for a shuttle and some days that can be a very hot wait with a lot of exhaust fumes.

The hotel is very nice overall with a small restaurant, a sports bar, and a lobby bar. There is also a place to get Starbuck’s coffee. It is interesting that there are two bars and one restaurant. This hotel has many large meeting rooms and it does a lot of hosting of business meetings. The bars are usually full.

The rooms are comfortable, well lit, with quiet air-conditioning. The sound proofing is also good, which is important because the hotel is near the end of the runways from the airport. You can hear a low roar when plans take off over the hotel, but it is well muffled. There is also wi-fi available, free in the lobby, but at a cost in the rooms. I had some trouble connecting to the wi-fi in my room, but the help service fixed it very quickly. I have stayed here a number of times and have not had a bad room. This time I was surprised by the size of the room that I had. I checked in late and was given a wheelchair accessible room. These are the rooms that end in 42 and 43. It was quite spacious.

The only downside to this hotel is that there is nothing to do in the immediate vicinity. I have walked around the convention center numerous times and I have found where the Delta employees park. Not much for sights. From the rooms on the south side, you can watch the planes take off. Rooms on the north side are a little quieter than those on the south side because of the sounds of planes taking off. The higher floors have some views of the Atlanta skyline. There is a nice small restaurant, the Feed Store, nearby, even walkable, but you have to know how to find it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side have somewhat less airplane noise. Rooms that end in 42 or 43 are larger fo...
1  Thank MercuryChase
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Had to fly into Atlanta for a quick one day meeting and stayed at the Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway Hotel. The Hotel was perfect for a meeting with a group that all flew in from different areas because it was only a sky train away from the airport. Everyone was able to fly in and not required to rent cars or utilize a car service. The rooms were new and clean. The bar offered a nice selection and excellent service. It was great for us to sit around and unwind as we waited for the rest of the group to make it in on their flights. The Workout facility was great for a hotel facility, and the pool was very well maintained.

The restaurant was the only thing that could use some work. The service was reasonable, but the food quality was lacking on anything other than your typical sports bar fare. Breakfast was very good but nothing special.

I will stay there again.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is the easiest way to catch an early flight. Park at this very nice hotel and take the tram from the hotel directly into the airport. Ideal way and no stress transfer. The rooms are very clean, nice and quiet.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Thunderstorms created havoc with flights on a hot day in June,2013. As a Gold member I used my hot line to snag one of the last rooms at this great hotel. I arrived very late on the air train but everyone was very nice. I had no luggage so they gave me a toothbrush. The bed was wonderful. The concierge lounge was so welcome since I had missed meals in transit. I felt special and pampered. I wish I could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: Insulated windows shield airplane noise so any room is good
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Atlanta Airport Marriott
Atlanta Airport Marriott
#3 of 26 in College Park
SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway
Renaissance Atlanta Airport Gateway Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport

Been to Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway? Share your experiences!