Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
  • Room Service
$159
$127
1,268 results
All reviewsatlanta airportdomestic terminalrental carbaggage claimchampions restaurantthe concierge loungean overnight layoverconvention centeran early morning flightlobby barnext morningroom servicebusiness meetingfront desk staffskytrainconvenienceshuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here at the Marriott Gateway after our flight was cancelled. The staff got us checked in quickly and we had a wonderful room for a short night's sleep before hurrying back to the airport. We did not use the light rail but the staff advised us it is very convenient. Great room in a beautiful property,

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2013

For several years now, I have used this hotel as the overnight refuge prior to early-morning flights out of ATL. The hotel's design is splendid, the service is impeccable, and the rooms are commodious, quiet, pleasantly decorated, and extremely well appointed. The lobby bar at this hotel is spectacular, well-stocked with most any item imaginable, and, again, the service is "to the nines". If there is any detraction for this hotel, it is the absence of a restaurant that matches the class of the rest of the property. Only a sports-bar type of restaurant is on the property, and it is a bit noisy -- even though the food is certainly passable. The big bonus for this hotel is the location. You can fall out of bed in the morning, stumble to the adjacent shuttle station, and be in the airport in five minutes.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2013

There are many Atlanta airport hotels to choose from but in terms of absolute convenience, this one shines. It is on the new train line which connects the airport to the rental car center and from plane to hotel room (with no checked luggage), you're talking about 30-minutes, at most.

When arriving late or leaving early, it takes almost 2-days off some rental car rates; you can arrive late and pick up your car early the next day and when departing, drop off the car the night before.

In addition, the staff is very friendly, addresses you by name, and goes out of their way to accommodate guests. The on-site full-service restaurant has some excellent food and not just the traditional "Marriott Burger" fare.

The hotel is clean and well-kept and much better than the larger "Airport Marriott" just one mile away.

Value-wise, they are a bit more pricey during the week (business travelers), and have some great deals on weekends.

Room Tip: Select a room close to the elevator (the elevators are quiet); the walk to the distant rooms can be long.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about my single night stay here. The staff went above and beyond to made me feel welcomed, the property had everything I needed and I literally felt like I was at home.
Room 777, King bed nicely appointed, spotless and modern with a touch of class. Mini fridge is a nice touch, something you normally do not expect from a hotel like this. Bed was so comfortable I didn't want to wake up for my 6AM flight.(That wasn't just because it was so early either....)......lol

Executive lounge was fantastic, the staff here went above and beyond and they served each guest like they were family. The cookies were some of the best I have ever had and the snacks hit the spot.

Gym was fantastic, coin laundry on site is a bonus, valet super friendly and location is a hop skip and jump from the airport. Couldn't' have asked for a more ideal place to rest my head for the night.

I had a salad in the bar area, the hotel standard COBB salad and it was just as I like it, fresh and loaded with goodies like bacon and avocado. Service again, with a smile and eager to please.

Wish I could have stayed longer but I told the Director of Operations in a personal email, this will be my new home anything I am going out of ATL for work or pleasure. The property and people personify perfection in every way and make you feel welcomed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Amazing hotel. Very convenient; right next to the sky train which rides you to the airport. Service was good except for one lady who was working with breakfast. She told me that a computer and it's desk was her office. Breakfast didn't have a wide selection, but other than that the stay and staff was quite lovely.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Naomi1636
Kevin P, Manager at Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Atlanta Gateway Marriott. I am happy to see that you were pleased with your positive arrival experience through the convenience of the SkyTrain. It has been such an excellent attribute to the hotel since our opening. I am also happy to see that you did experience the high level of service that we typically provide here at our hotel with the majority of the team but I am very disappointed to see that it was not consistent with everyone. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know where we have opportunities so that we can provide additional training and address these matters immediately. I sincerely hope that you will consider us again in the future the next time you travel to the Atlanta area. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable.