“Best Airport Hotel in the US!”

Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Ranked #12 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington, DC
“Best Airport Hotel in the US!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have to say that I've stayed at some wonderful airport properties in other parts of the world, but this is the first one in the US. Marriott has done an excellent job with the design and layout of this hotel. It could easily be a JW. It's just that nice!

Ironically, this outstanding review comes in spite of the fact that they screwed up and assigned my room to another guest who walked in on me as I was changing clothes. But, there was no end to the apologies, complimentary dinner in the restaurant of my choice as well as comping the stay. So, to get a raving review in spite of this mixup is truly an accomplishment. I'd stay again in a heartbeat as I was not only impressed by the facility but the staff was outstanding in making amends for the mistake and embarrassment caused.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank romadaro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Korean first
Edwards, Colorado
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I picked this hotel because it seemed to be the closest to the airport. When you get off the train someone from the hotel greets you and takes your name. By the time you walk the short distance to the hotel you are greeted by name and all the paperwork is ready for you. The friendliest front desk I've ever experienced. The only negative is that you have to walk outside to get to the train and then again outside when you get off the train. While this may not usually be an issue the two times I stayed there it was cold and windy and really miserable to do the walk with my 93 year old father.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Don't even question it!
This is an awesome place to stay!
Just a great place! I was just literally impressed!
From the people to the room & whole hotel!
Stay there and you won't be disappointed! At all!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Crissy_Wright, General Manager at Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Good afternoon and thank you for sharing your comments! I am thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us! I am so blessed to have such an awesome team that takes great care of our customers. I can't wait to see you again soon! Have a wonderful holiday weekend!
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I am a Marriott Platinum Member that stayed over 180 nights last year at Marriott, JW, and Ritz Carlton. This is by far from a service point of view one of the best hotels that I have stayed at in a long time. The bar and restaurant staff along with the front desk were all excellent. This is what most Marriott's that I stay at should model themselves after.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Good afternoon and thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments and for your loyalty to Marriott! With staying 180 nights in Marriott, do you ever get to go home? :) We love being your home away from home. I will share your comments with our F&B and Front Office teams. They will be thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful experience. We look forward to hosting you again soon! Have a wonderful holiday weekend!
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed for 3 days for a business trip in January. Hotel was clean, modern and well maintained. Best part was the proximity to the airport and convenience of using the tram. Restaurant was good as well as Starbucks. I used the gym on site and it was well equipped and sufficient for cardio and light weight training. Did not use the pool. The hotel is used by many companies for corporate offsites and events so be aware.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Crissy_Wright, General Manager at Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Good afternoon and thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear the amenities of the hotel met your needs. The SkyTrain is very convenient to the airport and the guests love it! I appreciate your feedback and will share with the team. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Tallahassee
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Somebody really messed up the plans when they built this hotel- I can hear the noise from at least three rooms! Seems to be coming from the air ducts. Would be great if I were a spy, but I just wanted a nice hotel convenient to the airport. I've slept much better for much less. Oh and dusty room accessories, too. Dust caked on radio and hair dryer. All for just $150.

• Stayed March 2013
6 Thank audreyerob
Kevin P, Manager at Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us last week here at the Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway hotel. Beyond all of the amenities and services that a hotel offers, a restful night’s sleep is the most important. I sincerely regret that we failed to provide that for you and your family. This is not typical of our hotel. When we do have the occasional large group in the hotel that could potentially create unreasonable noise, especially on the guest floors, we do take a proactive approach to avoid experiences like the one you had. We try to keep the group in the same part of the hotel with our other guests on separate floors. We also staff our third shift with additional Loss Prevention Officers to help monitor the floors and keep the noise levels down. Regardless, it appears that our efforts were unsuccessful in regards to your stay and again, for that I apologize. I wish that you would consider visiting us again in the future so that you can experience for yourself the level of service and peaceful night’s rest that we are known for. Thank you again for your feedback.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I traveled to Atlanta in early November and stayed at this location before doing business with Auburn University. I was very impressed with the price of this hotel as well as the quality.

The room was a good size with good internet speeds, a nice TV, and a super comfy bed. The bath room was a good size as well and everything was clean. You could hear very little noise from the outside and I had a fantastic sleep both nights there.

Since I was a Marriott Rewards Gold Member, I was able to enjoy a nice breakfast in the concierge room. The sports bar downstairs was nice and convenient as well. The hotel also sports a coffee shop, steakhouse, sushi bar and regular restaurant with reasonable prices. It has everything you need.

They offer free travel to and from the airport, which also has a MARTA station so you can go to downtown Atlanta if need be.

I was very impressed with all the option the hotel has. I would definitely stay here again if I was heading to Atlanta.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kevin P, Manager at Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review of your most recent stay with us at the Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway hotel. It's so rewarding to read such positive comments and it helps motivate the team to continue to provide extraordinary service to our guests. We hope to see you again soon and please let us know if there is anything that we can do that will make your stay even more enjoyable.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Atlanta Airport Marriott
Atlanta Airport Marriott
#3 of 26 in College Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel

Been to Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway? Share your experiences!