“Fantastic Airport Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco
“Fantastic Airport Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Silent as can be, comfortable beds, nice interior and incredibly friendly staff. Ideal if you have a morning flight as this hotel is situated along the skytrain so you can drop off your rental car the night before and then just walk around the corner to the train in the morning and be mintues from the airport

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is by far one of the best hotels I have stayed at! My son and I traveled from California to the Championship football game. We did not need a car or cab. We took Skytrain from the airport and it is about a 2 minute ride to the hotel. We also used it to go back to the airport and catch the Marta train right to the Georgia Dome which was only a 20 minute ride. The rooms are modern, clean and spacious. The staff was very attentive to make sure you were enjoying your stay and had everything you needed. We ate at Champions which is in the hotel. The food and staff were excellent as well. I highly recommend this hotel and will definately stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is a great hotel. I loved the fact that it is connected to the air train to the airport. You don't have to wait on the shuttle bus to bring you back and forth, which could take a long time sometimes. The hotel itself was very clean, the rooms are clean and a nice size.

The only downside to the hotel is that it isn't near anything. So if you don't want to eat at the sports bar then you are out of luck unless you want to take a taxi. Other than that I would totally stay here again, especially if I wasn't going to rent a car.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jmcki60811
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I went here for our family reunion with over 300 guest and this hotel had more than enough room to accomidate all of us. Awesome resturant on site. great security and plenty of amenities! Loved it. We had a wonderful time and I suggest this hotel for anybody in the airport area

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Philvz
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I don't need to say much but this hotel is a gem. Wonderful find! My husband and I stayed here for one night and it was absolutely lovely. We are gold and used a free night cert. so that made it even better, but I would be happy to pay for this hotel. The service was great as we were greeted by very friendly staff. The hotel is new and quite modern. The only downside was that once you get off of the airport's skytrain (which only takes a few minutes from the airport), you do have to walk from the elevator on the ground floor/outside to the hotel entrance. Since you have to round a corner, it can feel a little bit unsafe if you are alone at night. It is well lit though and the entrance is just a few feet away so it's not bad at all. I just don't like not being able to see what's ahead of me in all areas these days when I walk. Don't let this deter you though, cause the hotel is worth it and you will be very pleased. The restaurant next door to the hotel is new and looks like a nice sports bar although we didn't have time to try it. The grounds of the area around the hotel are very clean and nice, however, there doesn't seem to be much else around the immediate area. The skytrain from the airport is convenient and free and quick. I love this hotel and will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FayeCincinnati
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I visited this hotel for a business meeting. The rooms were adequate and the hotel overall has nice, modern facilities. The staff seemed very attentive to our mid-size group and the housekeeping staff reminded me as I exited my room, to make sure I had all of my chargers (thank you!). Food was tasty (no rubber chicken). Fitness center is large and has many different types of cardo and weights. Only suggestion is that for women travelers, a magnifying mirror would be a nice touch to the bathroom.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Upon arrival, we were told that the hotel had no room for us. Instead they sent us across the street to the Springhill Suites. We reserved concierge level at the Marriott specifically to have the amenities of the Marriott. The Spinghill Suites had none of those amenities. Had I wanted to stay at the Springhill Suitres, I would have reserved there. The Marriott did comp our room at the Sprinhill. However, we had to walk across the street to get a couple of basics, like bottled water. Had I wanted to walk for the basics, I could have reserved many places other than this Marriott.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank MplsMark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#2 of 26 in College Park
4.0 of 5 stars 710 reviews
SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway
Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel

Been to Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway? Share your experiences!