“Great hotel and close to the airport”

Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Ranked #12 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is a great hotel. I loved the fact that it is connected to the air train to the airport. You don't have to wait on the shuttle bus to bring you back and forth, which could take a long time sometimes. The hotel itself was very clean, the rooms are clean and a nice size.

The only downside to the hotel is that it isn't near anything. So if you don't want to eat at the sports bar then you are out of luck unless you want to take a taxi. Other than that I would totally stay here again, especially if I wasn't going to rent a car.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jmcki60811
There are newer reviews for Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I went here for our family reunion with over 300 guest and this hotel had more than enough room to accomidate all of us. Awesome resturant on site. great security and plenty of amenities! Loved it. We had a wonderful time and I suggest this hotel for anybody in the airport area

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Philvz
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I don't need to say much but this hotel is a gem. Wonderful find! My husband and I stayed here for one night and it was absolutely lovely. We are gold and used a free night cert. so that made it even better, but I would be happy to pay for this hotel. The service was great as we were greeted by very friendly staff. The hotel is new and quite modern. The only downside was that once you get off of the airport's skytrain (which only takes a few minutes from the airport), you do have to walk from the elevator on the ground floor/outside to the hotel entrance. Since you have to round a corner, it can feel a little bit unsafe if you are alone at night. It is well lit though and the entrance is just a few feet away so it's not bad at all. I just don't like not being able to see what's ahead of me in all areas these days when I walk. Don't let this deter you though, cause the hotel is worth it and you will be very pleased. The restaurant next door to the hotel is new and looks like a nice sports bar although we didn't have time to try it. The grounds of the area around the hotel are very clean and nice, however, there doesn't seem to be much else around the immediate area. The skytrain from the airport is convenient and free and quick. I love this hotel and will be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FayeCincinnati
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I visited this hotel for a business meeting. The rooms were adequate and the hotel overall has nice, modern facilities. The staff seemed very attentive to our mid-size group and the housekeeping staff reminded me as I exited my room, to make sure I had all of my chargers (thank you!). Food was tasty (no rubber chicken). Fitness center is large and has many different types of cardo and weights. Only suggestion is that for women travelers, a magnifying mirror would be a nice touch to the bathroom.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Upon arrival, we were told that the hotel had no room for us. Instead they sent us across the street to the Springhill Suites. We reserved concierge level at the Marriott specifically to have the amenities of the Marriott. The Spinghill Suites had none of those amenities. Had I wanted to stay at the Springhill Suitres, I would have reserved there. The Marriott did comp our room at the Sprinhill. However, we had to walk across the street to get a couple of basics, like bottled water. Had I wanted to walk for the basics, I could have reserved many places other than this Marriott.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank MplsMark
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed one night for a cheer competition and it was very clean, and affordable. The rooms were clean with good beds and just what you would expect. I would recommend the breakfast buffet. Bar in the lobby for adults and small in-door pool for the kids.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Lovemyfam78
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here and the service is still as good as the first time, The room was spotlessly clean and comfortable as were the public areas. The staff are very freindly and nothing is too much trouble. The sky train to the airport and rental car centre is close by and easy to get to from the hotel.
If you are travelling to/from the new International terminal to/from the hotel be advised that the skytrain does not go all the way to the terminal. However, there is a shuttle from the international terminal to the skytrain station.

This is one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in and we would stay here again if we were travelling through Atlanta

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WizardBristol
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Atlanta Airport Marriott
Atlanta Airport Marriott
#3 of 26 in College Park
SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Renaissance Atlanta Airport Gateway Hotel

Been to Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway? Share your experiences!