“Quick access to the Atlanta airport” 4 of 5 stars

Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Ranked #13 of 178 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lindon, Utah
“Quick access to the Atlanta airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

When you have to check in for an early international flight, you will really appreciate the convenience of this airport. The sky train goes directly to the hotel--you are literally steps away from the front door of the hotel. Service is friendly and professional. The rooms are clean and comfortable--perhaps a little small for the price, but we were there just to sleep so it didn't matter. I visited the restaurant on my last trip and found it acceptable. Other restaurants are quite far away, so I wouldn't venture out unless absolutely necessary. Our only bad experience involved a taxi driver and not the hotel. The new international terminal had just opened, and we thought we needed to check in there. The sky train doesn't service the international terminal (seems stupid). The taxi ride was quite roundabout from the hotel, and the charge seemed to be out of line. We were especially frustrated when we got into the terminal and were told we needed to be at the old terminal, so we wasted the taxi charge and wasted 30 minutes! Make sure to confirm with your airline exactly which terminal you need.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Korean first
GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We needed one night at the ATL airport and this hotel was perfect for us, as senior travelers. From the moment of arrival until we left, everyone was professional and charming, the public areas were a delight and Room 325 was perfect. We will stay again, to awaken refreshed, ready to travel. The Skytrain is convenient, too. Room service was also very good!

Room Tip: Just let them know what you'd like when you make the reservation. They're very accommodatin...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

If you are looking for great service and location, look no further. From the moment you enter the front door the staff is doing everything possible to make your stay enjoyable. If you are a frequent traveler they do a great job remembering your name and preferences. The concierge level has the best service of any Marriott I have visited. Make sure and stop in during the morning and Joyce will make sure you are ready for the day!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
Roberta. Ga. U.S.A.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My daughter and I flew in from Dublin via JFK to Atlanta and were just exhausted, ready for a good rest. We were welcomed with that lovely southern charm and check in was a breeze. Our room was perfection, clean and welcoming. The beds and linens were so nice that we both had such a good nights sleep. The next morning we enjoyed our included breakfast and again it was just wonderful. Excellent food and good service. I would not hesitate to stay at the, Marriott Gateway again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank charken2
Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Needed a hotel for one night near Atlanta Hartsfield for a recent business trip and ended here. Easy 3-minute ride on the Skytrain from the airport; efficient check in staff; and the room was large, clean and bathroom great. Good services in the lobby. Highly recommended if you need somewhere near the airport.

Room Tip: My room on the 6th floor was fine.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ian D
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Had a great experience with this hotel. As I departed the airport tram from the rental car facility, a Marriott employee greeted me at the elevator, asked if I was checking in. Yes. Had me on a list of guests and wished me a pleasant stay. It was soon obvisou that this person had communicated my whereabouts to the hotel. As I walked into the lobby I was greated by the front staff with iPads in hand, greeted my by name and handed me my room key. Gave me a quick tour of how to find the restaurants, bar and concierge lounge. Incredible.The service didn't end there. The young man serving the concierge lounge loved his job and so happy to help everyone. I was craving some mixed nuts with my beer but non were out. He rushed back and got me some mixed nuts.

The rooms was very nice, well decorated and had a big 42" tv. And for those that read my other reviews, I checked on the Iron. YES! It has the burst of steam feature. Ordered some room service, it was quick and delivered by another friendly and personable young man. Clearly the hotel management has done a great job training the staff to provide the highest possible service.

Could there be achilles heel with this hotel? Unbelievably it was the bed. Not real comfortable and you could hear and feel springs. The pillows were great as was the comforter. But woke up with a sore lower back which never happens. No big deal, different beds for different people.

Can wait to come back to enjoy the great service and luxury.

Room Tip: Get a room on the concierge floor. Its worth it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank FirstClass2C
Greer, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I found it very nice with one small exception. Our room was large enough, clean and comfortable. It had a safe, coffee maker, etc.. The lobby was nice as we're the restaurant and lobby bar. Our food in the restaurant was good and the service was very fast.

The convenience to the car rental and domestic terminal is fantastic.

My only complaint would be that their free Internet is only available in the lobby, bar, and restaurant. Having to pay for in room Internet is a knock against the property.

The pluses out weigh the one minus so we would go back if connections called for a ATL hotel. By the way I have stayed at several ATL hotels, mostly Hilton Honors properties, but for me this is better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
#71 of 178 in Atlanta
4.0 of 5 stars 1,364 reviews
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel

Been to Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway? Share your experiences!