“What you would expect a Marriott at the Airport to be”

Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Ranked #13 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Nice Marriott, a typical business hotel, which is what you want at the airport! Rooms were very clean. Nice desk/work station, always like the laptop desk. Bathroom VERY clean. Staff very nice. No free internet, I paid the 25.00 upgrade for the C-floor - that included internet, Happy (appetizer) hour (cash bar) and breakfast. The Happy hours were ok - good selection of appetizers and then a dessert bar afterwards. Room service food was actually quite good and not a long wait. Breakfast not really worth it, I have seen better for free at a Hampton or Courtyard.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank krileykat
Write a ReviewReviews (1,226)

Reviewed August 9, 2012

My daughter stayed in this hotel to attend a class at a site across the street from the hotel. We live in Mississippi, and so my daughter flew into Atlanta Airport and rode the skybus to the hotel. It was very easy and convenient. I was visiting relatives about 2 hours away and we decided to do a "girls" night at the hotel. From the moment I drove in, the service was exemplary, the staff was helpful, courteous, and patient. We did not eat dinner at the hotel, but they recommended a couple of very fine places that were close. We had breakfast there and it was great. They helped us setup massages in our room, and it was a true wonder how those two ladies made our hotel room a spa environment at a great price! This place was wonderful, and I would definitely stay here or recommend them to anyone. I have traveled all over the world and this was as good as I've experienced. Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Don't hesitate to use this facility! By the way, my daughter's employer paid for the room, so I did not rate the value.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ChristianGal_12
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We having a heat wave here in Atlanta and my air went out. Knowing that it would take two days before the repairman would be here, I took to Hotwire to find a cheap, clean hotel to take shelter in.

Found this one for $65 a night in the Atlanta area and its about 10 miles from my house so, I would still be in the area.

The check-in process couldnt have been quicker, i seems like the desk clerk was jus waiting for my arrival, I handed over a credit card and ID and less than a minute later I was walking towards the elevator to my room.

The room was nice, and clean. There was also a small refigerator in the room along with a coffeemaker, etc.

There is a resturant in the hotel, but I never tried it during my stay there.

Overall, its clean hotel that has a shuttle to the airport, as I was leaving I saw lots of airline employees in the lobby, so maybe this is a place where they put the pilots and flight attendants up during their layovers.

Its what you would expect from a Marriott hotel, not many frill, but great for having to sleep away from home.

My room was on the 6th floor, so I had a view of the roof of the lower buildings, but there wasn' any noise from the air conditioners or whatever those units were on those roof tops.

Their a/c was digitally controlled, so there was some issues with me finding the right temperture for my comfort, but it was better than the no air I had at home.

Room Tip: They have room service
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The Bad: Hallways are TOO warm. Rooms kind of smell odd, with a bad odor. Restaurant/Room service food is only mediocre at best. Because of this, decided to eat elsewhere. Not many healthy selections and room service menu selections are very limited for dinner. Even considered taking skytrain BACK to the airport to grab a bite there, so that should tell you something.
The Good: Front desk was very attentive. Gym was clean and nicely set up. Concierge lounge was nicely apportioned for breakfast, and VERY friendly attendant for breakfast (sorry I didn't get her name). Evening attendant friendly, but not so attentive. But best of all though was Adu, in the lobby bar! I was there three nights, and only visited once for a beer and one mixed drink. Adu is so friendly and attentive. The next night I was waiting on some colleagues to go to dinner elsewhere (see above comments re food selections) and he recognized me, came away from the bar to come greet me, and see if he could get me anything. I told him not at that time, he thanked me and went back to what he was doing. It is exactly THAT type of customer service that keeps the Marriott name at the top of my list of places to stay, and as a road warrior, that says a lot. Thank you Adu!! And see you in a couple of weeks when I stay there again!

Room Tip: If your room smells funny or odoriferous, ask for a different one and they will take care of you. M...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The usual high standards of Marriott are obvious at this airport hotel. It was a little tricky figuring out how to take the sky tram to the hotel, but nice folks along the way helped me out. Going from the hotel to the International Terminal did take quite a bit longer than I expected - with wait time for a shuttle bus from domestic terminal, it took about a half hour from the time I left the hotel to the check-in kiosk. Allow extra time during busy hours! That said, it was still more convenient than leaving the airport!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank scronk0413
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Nothing to write home about.
Very average hotel with nothing that sets it apart.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed here for one night this past weekend. Very clean and modern building. Food was uniformly good and generously portioned. Rooms are very quiet and clean. Pool area is spotless. Beds are excellent as well. We paid $119 per room per night which included breakfast. Overall, an excellent value and property. Also, the hotel is one of three stops on the Skytrain so it took about 2 minutes to get in the terminal.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family