“Exemplary Experience!”

Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Ranked #12 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My daughter stayed in this hotel to attend a class at a site across the street from the hotel. We live in Mississippi, and so my daughter flew into Atlanta Airport and rode the skybus to the hotel. It was very easy and convenient. I was visiting relatives about 2 hours away and we decided to do a "girls" night at the hotel. From the moment I drove in, the service was exemplary, the staff was helpful, courteous, and patient. We did not eat dinner at the hotel, but they recommended a couple of very fine places that were close. We had breakfast there and it was great. They helped us setup massages in our room, and it was a true wonder how those two ladies made our hotel room a spa environment at a great price! This place was wonderful, and I would definitely stay here or recommend them to anyone. I have traveled all over the world and this was as good as I've experienced. Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Don't hesitate to use this facility! By the way, my daughter's employer paid for the room, so I did not rate the value.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ChristianGal_12
There are newer reviews for Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We having a heat wave here in Atlanta and my air went out. Knowing that it would take two days before the repairman would be here, I took to Hotwire to find a cheap, clean hotel to take shelter in.

Found this one for $65 a night in the Atlanta area and its about 10 miles from my house so, I would still be in the area.

The check-in process couldnt have been quicker, i seems like the desk clerk was jus waiting for my arrival, I handed over a credit card and ID and less than a minute later I was walking towards the elevator to my room.

The room was nice, and clean. There was also a small refigerator in the room along with a coffeemaker, etc.

There is a resturant in the hotel, but I never tried it during my stay there.

Overall, its clean hotel that has a shuttle to the airport, as I was leaving I saw lots of airline employees in the lobby, so maybe this is a place where they put the pilots and flight attendants up during their layovers.

Its what you would expect from a Marriott hotel, not many frill, but great for having to sleep away from home.

My room was on the 6th floor, so I had a view of the roof of the lower buildings, but there wasn' any noise from the air conditioners or whatever those units were on those roof tops.

Their a/c was digitally controlled, so there was some issues with me finding the right temperture for my comfort, but it was better than the no air I had at home.

Room Tip: They have room service
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The Bad: Hallways are TOO warm. Rooms kind of smell odd, with a bad odor. Restaurant/Room service food is only mediocre at best. Because of this, decided to eat elsewhere. Not many healthy selections and room service menu selections are very limited for dinner. Even considered taking skytrain BACK to the airport to grab a bite there, so that should tell you something.
The Good: Front desk was very attentive. Gym was clean and nicely set up. Concierge lounge was nicely apportioned for breakfast, and VERY friendly attendant for breakfast (sorry I didn't get her name). Evening attendant friendly, but not so attentive. But best of all though was Adu, in the lobby bar! I was there three nights, and only visited once for a beer and one mixed drink. Adu is so friendly and attentive. The next night I was waiting on some colleagues to go to dinner elsewhere (see above comments re food selections) and he recognized me, came away from the bar to come greet me, and see if he could get me anything. I told him not at that time, he thanked me and went back to what he was doing. It is exactly THAT type of customer service that keeps the Marriott name at the top of my list of places to stay, and as a road warrior, that says a lot. Thank you Adu!! And see you in a couple of weeks when I stay there again!

Room Tip: If your room smells funny or odoriferous, ask for a different one and they will take care of you. M...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The usual high standards of Marriott are obvious at this airport hotel. It was a little tricky figuring out how to take the sky tram to the hotel, but nice folks along the way helped me out. Going from the hotel to the International Terminal did take quite a bit longer than I expected - with wait time for a shuttle bus from domestic terminal, it took about a half hour from the time I left the hotel to the check-in kiosk. Allow extra time during busy hours! That said, it was still more convenient than leaving the airport!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank scronk0413
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Nothing to write home about.
Very average hotel with nothing that sets it apart.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed here for one night this past weekend. Very clean and modern building. Food was uniformly good and generously portioned. Rooms are very quiet and clean. Pool area is spotless. Beds are excellent as well. We paid $119 per room per night which included breakfast. Overall, an excellent value and property. Also, the hotel is one of three stops on the Skytrain so it took about 2 minutes to get in the terminal.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Wow!
I love upscale and this is it!

I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum and had to attend a meeting at this hotel. Since I am from the West, I could not arrive by the time of the meeting the next morning. I flew all day and was tired after sardine packed flights.

I was expecting a typical airport hotel - (Ya Know... yuck...) Was that a fabulous surprise!

From the moment I walked in, the service was wonderful. Was met at the door, my questions answered ,
perfect, attentive, smiling... just what I needed. In true Marriott fashion, they had my room all ready for me per my profile - featherfree bed, refrigerator and an upgrade to a sute.An awesome suite! In addition to the suite, the bath enormous. An eight jet jacuzzi, and a remote next to
the tub. I started filing the tub and pressed the remote - BAM - sound! I turned around and in the center of the expansive double sink vanitrey mirror there was a flush hologram-like TV. So cool!
I just soaked after my all day flight and watched so me interesting program. Huge bathroom, huge suite.

I didn't know why anyone would, by choice, want to stay at an airport hotel - except now... ME!

Also watched the HomeRun derby in the very well-equipped sports bar. The menu actually had a grilled fresh fish option sauced only with lemon (and of course, they offer the regular calorie-laden, salty sportsbar fare.

P.S. Marta roars right by - I heard you could even get to a braves game!

Room Tip: State your preferences before
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Atlanta Airport Marriott
Atlanta Airport Marriott
#3 of 26 in College Park
SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Renaissance Atlanta Airport Gateway Hotel

Been to Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway? Share your experiences!