“Best hotel I've ever stayed at!”

Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Ranked #13 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 4, 2011

My family got stuck in Atlanta for two days at New Years due to a flight attendant strike, which isn't a great way to start the year. The airport was nice enough (after some prodding) to put us up in this hotel until the next flight to Maine - and it totally made up for any inconveniences!! I've never stayed at a nicer hotel! As someone who works in the hotel industry, I know what to look for in terms of cleanliness and amenities, and I was VERY impressed! The entire hotel was GORGEOUS! I've never seen a more beautiful hotel in my life. The decor was modern and the beds were very comfortable. I wandered around the hotel just marveling at how beautiful it was! They had a great bar which serves Starbucks coffees and espresso drinks in the morning, which impressed me greatly as a Starbucks junkie. We ordered room service a few times, and the food was absolutely delicious - get the key lime pie! The restaurant had great food, too. Nothing was lacking in our room - I wish the hotel I worked at was as nice as this one! The only complaints I have is that the heater in our room didn't seem to work properly, and there was a charge for wifi, which is disappointing. Other than that - couldn't have been a better stay!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank snurtz
Write a ReviewReviews (1,212)

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Stayed here one night before an early flight. It's located near the Skytrain connector to the airport and rental car facility. Unrelated Side Note: Don't ask me where the rental car facility is, because directions are not well marked. The hotel property is brand new and very nice; staff is great, too. I had a room on the concierge level (elite status) and the lounge was also very nice. The room and bed were very good - quiet, too; LCD tv and plenty of electrical outlets for work devices. Wifi service (free for Plat. elites) was just ok; my only complaint. This is definitely a nice option for a late night arrival or early morning departure.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in August for an employer training session. Very nice hotel, comfortable bed and close to the airport. Restaurants were terrific. The meeting rooms were nice as well and the only negative is that the internet was pricey in the business center.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank gmarkham
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Recently stayed here for a quick trip to ATL. The hotel is brand new and the rooms are nicely appointed. No complaints on decor or cleanliness. Very comfortable beds and the linens are of good quality. I hate that Marriott charges so much for Wi-Fi, this is really annoying. There was a parking fee but that is expected in Atlanta. The noise from the airport is a bit much but I would stay here again in a heartbeat if we are flying out of Hartsfield but not if we are visiting family again or staying in town for longer than a night or two. I love Marriott properties and this one lived up to my expectations.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TRWILL
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Had an overnight layover in ATL prior to a early morning flight. We arrived around 930pm, got on the skytrain and was at the Marriott approx 2-3 mins later. Check in was quick and easy. Able to grab dinner around 11pm (I think the restaurant stays open until midnight. Great night sleep and quick trip back to the airport in the am. Could not be more convenient!!!!

2  Thank goodymd
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We spent the night at the Marriott in order to catch an early morning flight home. The hotel is located next to the convention center at the airport. We dropped off our car at the rental cent and caught the skytrain to the hotel. The next morning, back on the skytrain to the terminal. How easy is that? The hotel is fairly new and thus has most of the updated features you would expect at a Marriott. The room was large, clean and had a comfortable bed. Airplane noise was not a factor. There is a lounge bar as well as a Champions restaurant and bar on the premises. That is pretty much your only option for food. The staff was helpful and courteous. Of course Marriott wants to charge you for internet access which irritates me no end as a leisure traveler. Luckily smart phones bypass this nonsense. When we checked out we had a $3 charge for parking which was interesting since we didn't have a car. But the bill was quickly fixed and we were on our way.

This is an excellent stay if you must stay at the airport in Atlanta.

3  Thank sage102
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Everything about this hotel is great: super convenient location, thanks to Skytrain link to airport; friendly helpful staff; beautiful rooms; delicious buffet lunch. Would certainly stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Christine7200