“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Michigan
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

This is a great hotel, very nice lobby, restaurant and atmosphere. The rooms were priced very competetively and the ease in and out of the airport and rental car center was wonderful. We had several family members coming in at different times and it made it so easy to meet them in baggage. The parking structure across the street we used when we had another trip right after the first one and it was very reasonably priced. The only negative I would say is that the restaurant is a tad bit pricey. A few of the front desk desk were a little curt but nothing that was a deal breaker.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2011

There is a train straight from the airport right next door to the hotel, so even with luggage, and we had a few, it is very easy and saves on taxi as it is free.
The hotel is brand new I believe and feels really new. Great decor and very functional. We arrived fairly late so checked in and had a snack at the bar (a sports type bar with decent menu for quick fix food and they had uber cold Stella!). Rooms are quite spatious and very comfortable and quiet, even though you are right next door to the airport. We had to be up really early to catch a place, and they were not serving breakfast before 6.30 and the room service did not offer a breakfast alternative so we left and unfortunately none of our next two connections on american airlines offered any food, even though we were flying first. Overal, good hotel, good value and almost wish we had had more time to experience more of the facilities. If you need convenient a convenient hotel for the airport and prefer a sleek trendy style hotel, this one definitely offers that.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Here for some business. Excellent. The sky train is perfect. The bar and restaurant are great. Customer service can actually be used to describe the place because it was good.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TwoDrsVaCa
Detroit, MI
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We stayed one night at this hotel last week. We took the train from the airport right over to the hotel. I must say the signs were not clear. Once you exit the train, you have to take an elevator. Once off the elevator, you are essentially dumped outside in the dark. It was 10:30 pm, and there was no sign whatsoever for the Marriot. Turns out it is right behind you, but because of structures you cant immediately see it. The area is dimly lit and we were approached right away by two men asking for $$. It was uncomfortable to say the least. As a business woman who often travels alone, I would NOT choose this hotel for an evening arrival.
Once we arrived at check-in, the line was long, and there were only two people manning the desk. When it was finally my turn, I was rudely cut off by someone who wanted to ask a million questions and argue with the desk staff. For the size of this hotel, there needs to be more staff at the desk.
We threw our stuff in the room, which was very nice, and went right to the bar for dinner. I think it was called "Champions". Lots of staff behind the bar, but service wasnt so great. I got one drink and they never offered to refill it. We were going to have dessert but they never came back to take our order so we gave up. We did have the lobster sliders and those were awesome.
All in all, fine room for an overnight stay, good food, so-so staff and service. Security outside and from airport leave something to be desired.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Kabul, Afghanistan
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I had a 14 hour overnight layover at ATL and this place worked out well. The SkyTrain makes for a very easy transfer. I arrived around 3:30 pm after a long trip from Afghanistan. They promptly upgraded me to a suite upon asking, which was nice. When I made my reservation online, I requested two bottles of beer upon arrival. The beer never arrived. As soon as I got into my room, I took a quick shower and called for room service. I was informed that no room service was available until after 5:00 pm! Around 6:00 pm, I went down to the Champions restaurant to have dinner. The dinner was fine was good menu selection. While having dinner, the F&B manager stopped by, and I informed her of my complaint about the lack of room service during working hours. She said that I should have asked for her and that she would have made an exception – to late for me, but the reader can learn from this. When I got back to my room, there was a gift food tray that had been delivered. The tray had a card attached. I read the card and it was addressed to a different hotel guest. It had obviously been delivered to the wrong room. I called down to have the problem corrected and the customer service person gave me a little attitude. It took a second call before someone came and took the tray away. I never found out if it was ever delivered to the correct person.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upgrade at checkin.