“This is a serious value for downtown Atlanta!”

Motel 6 Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #132 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Dallas, Texas
“This is a serious value for downtown Atlanta!”
Reviewed April 18, 2011

If you need ANY pampering in a hotel, this place is not for you. But if you are just looking for a place to lay your head at night and want the best location (i.e. close to tourist attractions) and the absolutely lowest price, this place is for you! Within 5-10 minute drive to the King Center, World of Coca-Cola, Georgia Aquarium, CNN. Could not be a better location and free parking on site (try to find that somewhere else downtown!). Very sparse though - no alarm clock, no hair dryer (though I asked at the desk and they let me borrow one). Rooms aren't much to talk about, but mine was clean and safe - the 2 things I'm looking for. Can't imagine I would ever stay anywhere else if I needed to be in downtown Atlanta (on my own dime!).

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank FemaleTraveler85

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Buncrana, Ireland
Reviewed April 17, 2011

It is as good as other reviews have stated. Friendly staff, clean room & bathroom and good bed. There are no extras but you don't have to pay alot either. The motel was only a block away from my mania package hotel and was happy with it. TV had a better choice of stations than the Mariott as well. Think it was Bill I checked in with and he was a friendly engaging individual. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.Nice balcony area as well off the room, nice to be able to step outside a room

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank JMolloy99
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed March 9, 2011

this hotel was in a VERY bad part of town. I saw two men standing and talking about 50 feet away engaging in what looked like a drug transaction. One of the men put something in his pocket and they then went in opposite directions. I had my dog with me and booked online for a pet friendly room. When I check in, I find out they dont have any pet friendly rooms available. To be fair, the clerk allowed me to have my dog in a room that isnt normally pet friendly since I travelled with my dog expecting a pet friendly room. So I was out and about and came back to my hotel about 2 AM. If you're not familiar with downtown Atlanta, you WILL get lost trying to get back here with all the one way streets. I drove around for almost an hour and almost ran out of gas but I was afraid to stop and ask directions because again, this is a dangerous part of town. I finally get back to my room and I was hungry and it was 2 AM. I ask the desk clerk if anywhere is still open that I can grab a bite to eat. He spoke VERY poor English. I tried three times to ask him the same question. Finally, he hands me some coupons for Dominos. WTF? I asked him if the Dominos in Atlanta were open at that hour. He just shrugged his shoulders but I dont think he understood me. I knew I wasnt going to get anywhere with this man and I was starving so I just got in my car to look around for some place. I knew I wouldnt find anything in downtown Atlanta since I had driven all over it trying to get back to the hotel. I finally got to a waffle house about ten miles away. I checked out the next morning and handed the clerk my keys....like his colleague, his English was very bad. He said something to me but I couldnt understand. He could have been cussing me out for all I know. I just waved at him and left.

On a positive note, the room was clean and comfortable and I would say about what you could reasonably expect at Motel 6 but it's location in the middle of gang land and the staff who barely speak a word of English are two huge drawbacks and for those reasons, I cannot recomnend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Motel64496, Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6 Atlanta Downtown. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Jay Patel

Travelers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Greenland NH
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I read alot of reviews before booking this motel. It is as good as other reviews have stated. Friendly staff, clean room & bathroom and good bed. There are no extras but you don't have to pay alot either. The motel is only a few blocks from alot of activities & places to eat. We would stay here again if in Atlanta.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Maryland USA
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Visited Atlanta for a business conference. Motel 6, next door to the Hilton Downtown, was less than half the cost of the Hilton, and only a three minute walk, to where the conference was held. The room was not big and grand, but since I only used it for sleeping, it served quite well. The room was clean and odor free - no bugs - the bathroom was the same. It was extremely quiet day and night. It was safe and secure inside and out. The front desk staff was friendly, and always there early and late in the day. Not many amenities except coffee in the lobby. The room had an iron and board, cable TV, dresser drawers, a desk and a chair. Free wifi worked perfectly well. I did not have an automobile, but parking is free for guests, and it appeared to be safe and secure. A good choice if you just need a good place to sleep.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
england
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Rooms basic but clean and functional. Free parking in downtown Atlanta - need I say more. Helpful reception staff; one of our bags was delayed but it arrived in the night and the just kept in at reception without disturbing us. OK to walk out at night with usual vigilance. A good base to see atlanta from.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Tennessee
Reviewed December 21, 2010

This property was awesome. Ben gave us exceptional customer service beyond anything I have experienced at any motel ever! The property was clean, safe and quiet for a downtown location. We will be Motel 6 customers forever

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business