“What a great hotel--Amazing Service, Amazing Decor”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Ranked #75 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed March 2, 2011

We needed to stay near the Airport for one night following a trip. I'm very loyal to the Intercontinental Group of Hotels (Intercontinenatl, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, etc), and found several options near the airport, but the thing that set this hotel apart was it's adjanciency to shopping and restaurants. This comes in handy when you are without a car.

Upon arrival at the airport, I called the shuttle from the courtesy phone and the shuttle was already waiting. We arrived at the hotel and wow, the lobby is amazing, obviously brand new but also, the interior furnishings are amazing. The front desk associate was very nice and immediately thanked me for being a Priority Club member and gave us an upgrade.

The room was just as georgeous as the lobby. They really invested a lot of money into the fixturing of this hotel right from the granite walls, countertops in the bathroom to the moen faucets. Great room, great bed, great sleep. I really liked the boarding pass printing centre and airport flight info board in the lobby.

I was very impressed and told the front desk associate, Shane (i'm horrible with names) and the manager how great the service is and how beautiful their hotel is.

As for location, there is a walgreens immediately on the property as well as an asian restaurant., and a monster beer/wine/liqour store. Then across the street are many more stores, including a Publix grocery and several restaurants. Location for ammenities can't be beat.

Bottom line is this hotel is not only looks flashy, but lives up to the flash wiith top notch service to match. I've been in Inctercontinentals and Crowne Plazas that can't touch this hotel for service and interior.

Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
JKJohnsen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2011

Thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel and about Shae at the Front Desk! It ws a pleasure meeting and speaking with you while you were here. Thank you for being our guest, and we look forward to serving you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek

Reviewed February 18, 2011

My one night experience at the Holiday Inn Express Suites was absolutely great. I would feel comfortable staying there anytime. The room was very clean, and the furniture was ultra modern and new. I had a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Hopefully next visit you can stay more than one night and take advantage all that our location has to offer. We are fortunate be situated in a unique setting for an airport hotel, with a huge shopping & entertainment complex at our front door; and yet just minutes from the airport or downtown Atlanta. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed February 14, 2011

We travel a lot with our daughter for her competitive soccer club. Our first tournament of the season was this past weekend (Feb 12-13) in Atlanta. The approved sponser hotel was the Holiday Inn Express and Suites at Camp Creek. The web site looked really good, a new hotel with very modern decor. It also looked like it was in the middle of a very big and new shopping center. We were excited to be going there.
Well, we were not disapointed at all! The hotel is indeed very new and the decor was very cutting edge, The lobby area has a "wall of water" type fountain with a flat screen tv right inthe middle. The kids all thought that was very cool. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Check in was a breeze. We had reserved a suite since we had 2 teenagers with us, we wanted a little extra room. The suite did not have a separate beddroom with a door, but did have a distinctive sitting area with wet bar and sleeper sofa, and the bedroom area had 2 queen beds. The bathroom was large with granite topped vanity with shelves underneath that gave lots of room to store toiletries and makeup so the counter was not cluttered. There was an armoir rather than a true closet, I think I would have preferred a real closet because the armoir was not very tall and our big coats did not fit. Our suite had a "cool art" air conditioner and heater rather than the traditional under the window type of unit. It mounted on the wall in the sitting area, and looked like a picture more than an air contitioner. It was a little hard to control as the instructions they gave for it did not tell you everything, just how to adjust the temp. I would have preferred another TV in that area and a traditional air unit. Our TV did have a wireles keyboard provided so you could use the flat screen TV like a computer. I don't think all of the rooms have that feature, but it was nice. Breakfast in the morning was the usual fare, but very good. The kids enjoyed the salt water pool. The only flaw in the weekend did not effect us, but some others in our group who were on lower floors did have trouble. There was a pre-teen birthday party in the ballroom and some of the guests/hosts of that party stayed in the hotel. Some of the kids were not properly supervised by the adults in charge and ran up and down the halls at very late hours knocking on doors at random. SInce our team had to be up at 5:45am this did not go over very well at all. I believe that once management ws informed they took care of it. For this I fault the parents of the children, not the hotel so much.
All in all it was a great weekend. I felt bad that our kids and adults alike tracked a bit of soccer field grass into the lobby, we suggested next year they not allow cleats in the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for the nice comments about your stay and our hotel! We are all committed to providing our customers a first-class experience. I also appreciate your constructive suggestions and feedback regarding the armoire (suites only) and the "Cool Art" AC unit operating instructions (only 2 rooms in the hotel have this feature), I will share your feedback and address these items. Thank you for being our guest, and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed February 10, 2011

Really great place...rooms have fridge...microwave...great beds.
Staff always friendly! Breakfast served in AM with quite a variety
of options...all free...

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for the wonderful comments about our service and our staff! I promise I will share your feedback with our team. We are fortunate to have an outstanding team here that truly cares about our customers and takes tremendous pride in our hotel and the jobs they do. We are a brand new hotel (opened this year) and comments such as yours mean a great deal to us. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed February 5, 2011

Easy check-in and got an upgrade despite using points.
Room and bathroom were both roomy and very clean.
Enjoyed the indoor saltwater pool. Breakfast was also good.
Shuttle timely, but must schedule in advance.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
JKJohnsen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2011

Thank you for the very nice comments about our facility and staff! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed January 27, 2011

When our family needed a hotel in Atlanta, near the airport, I researched hotels on TripAdvisor and came across the great reviewed for the Holiday Inn Express. I want to add my compliments as well. We stayed in the hotel for 2 nights and had a wonderful experience: friendly and helpful front desk staff, great shuttle service to/from the airport, tasty and free breakfasts, clean and cozy rooms. Plus, the location with many shops and restaurants is so much better than the typical airport hotel. I would recommend to others if you want to be close to the airport in a great hotel. Oh - I also loved the great airline check-in terminal in the lobby. Easy way to print boarding passes and check flight statuses!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
JKJohnsen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2011

Thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel and staff! I promise I will share them with our team. Comments such as yours mean a great deal to us. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed January 24, 2011

There was a terrible mold odor in the room as soon as I walked in. Upon returning to the front desk, there was only ONE overworked employee to take care of all the guests and answer phone calls. I repectfully asked for a different room that did not stink. I was told that there were no more rooms, the hotel was overbooked. The employee then went on to continue to answer the phone. I had to find a different hotel by myself at 9:30 at night, and get there myself. When I called the corporate office to complain, I was told that I should have been given some assistance. To make matters worse, the 'manager' who reponded to my complaint says that there WERE rooms available. I was polite and respectful to the overworked front desk employee, and I do not quite understand why I was not given another room. It was as if the Holiday Inn Express Camp Creek said 'this is the only kind of room your kind will receive'. I am sad to experience such discrimination in this day and age, especially in the hometown of Dr King. I have travelled to Atlanta every January for six years at the Dr King Holiday, and have found the people of the city of Atlanta to be gracious and hospitable.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank yarnwow
JKJohnsen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2011

Dear Ms K., It was a pleasure speaking with you on the phone and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me. As I explained when we spoke, I immediately personally checked your room upon receipt of your original complaint and there was no odor, mold or mildew. Apparently the problem had been cured or cured itself quickly. We are a brand new hotel that is full 6 of 7 nights each week and this is the only complaint we have ever received like this. Please allow me to also assure you that we certainly do not discriminate against single Caucasian female business travelers as you implied in your complaint above. We are in fact a popular favorite destination with this travel segment, and host to several dozen flight crews and flight attendants every night of the year, due to our very convenient and safe location. I apologize that the situation with your room that night was not resolved to your satisfaction, and I assure you that this matter has been addressed with my team. We are fortunate to have an outstanding team here that truly cares about our customers and takes tremendous pride in our hotel and the jobs they do. When traveling to Atlanta again I hope you will allow us a second opportunity to demonstrate the true service and hospitality of hotel. Thank you and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport West/Camp Creek Pkwy
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Courtyard Atlanta Airport West
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek

Address: 3833 Princeton Lakes Ct SW, Atlanta, GA 30331-5508
Location: United States > Georgia > Atlanta
#8 Business Hotel in Atlanta
#12 Romantic Hotel in Atlanta
#13 Family Hotel in Atlanta
Price Range: $118 - $183 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek 2.5*
New Hotel. Opened 2010. Conveniently located, minutes from ATL Hartsfield-Jackson Int'l Airport at the intersection of Camp Creek Parkway & I-285 (exit 2); free airport & local shuttle throughout Camp Creek Marketplace; luxuriously appointed rooms & suites; room views of Princeton Lake or Camp Creek Marketplace; walking distance to over 100 stores, restaurants, services and movie theater; free full hot breakfast daily; free high-speed internet (wired & wireless); indoor heated salt water pool and fitness center; business center; new outdoor lakefront 2,000 sq ft deck; flat screen Hi-Def TVs; microwave, refrigerator and in-room safe. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek Hotel Atlanta