“A Good Night's Sleep....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Ranked #50 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“A Good Night's Sleep....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

A good night's sleep is what I was seeking when I checked into this Holiday Inn Express location. It was late and I was so tired. April, the night clerk was so helpful. She checked me in immediately and signed me up for the IHG rewards program. I initially booked for 2 nights, but I stayed 4 nights instead. The staff were all very nice and helpful. This was such a good place to stay and the location is ideal with lots of stores, restaurants, and other things to do, as well as being close to the airport and a major highways. I would definitely recommend this location to anyone. Oh....by the way I not only got a good night's sleep, I got 4:)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank gapchnokc
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Wow, what a greeat compliment... Thank you so much for this terrific review! Reviews like this mean a great deal to us. Thank you recognizing our entire team for their service, and for naming April in particular for taking such great care of you. Thank you for extending your stay with us from 2 nights to 4 nights and for promising to come back again! I promise I will share your comments with our entire team. Please hurry back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Lewisburg, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

You can not ask for a better staff then this property! As a former hotel owner, I am a hard customer. This is my second visit and I am just as pleased. The fact that they are able to keep such good employee says so much. We were so happy to see Tara at the front desk along with Alicia and then we ran into Matt, who was our shuttle driver last year. This is almost like home. We will be back in one week after a trip to Mexico. It is wonderful to know that we will have such a great place to spend another night before we get back to work. This hotel and it's staff make you feel like your are still on vacation! We tell all of our friends to stay here when in Atlanta.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Millie M
Wonderful! Thank so much for sharing your experience on the TripAdvisor website. We are honored to be able to earn your respect and appreciation as a fellow hotelier, Thank you for returning to stay with us again, and for recognizing Tara, Alicia and Matt who work so hard to serve and please our customers, Recognition such as yours means a great deal and is greatly appreciated. Please hurry back again soon!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

It is always difficult being away from home, but staying at the holiday inn express makes it so much easier and affordable.
the staff is always friendly, with a special thanks to Debbie potts who greeted me with a smile and was extremely helpful from the moment I walked in the door and throughout my stay with you.
The hotel was spotless & up-to-date. My room was comfortable. There was ample space & it was clean with plenty of toiletries.
thanks again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ron c
Thank you for the great review and for posting it on TripAdvisor! Thank you also for recognizing Debbie at our Front Desk. What a terrific survey. Debbie will be thrilled to see your comments and I promise I will share them with our entire team. Thank you for staying with us, and please hurry back soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

All I can say is on the 22 of Aug my house burned to the ground ,23 of Aug I walk in very un happy with the place that my family was assign to.April never from the day I walked in looking every bit unhappy she smiled and looked me in the eyes and asked how may I help you sir doing my stay she made my wife and two kids feel the same she knew our names greeted us every day with a smile.. That's far beyond being a star 5 hotel to us that's understanding we needed to feel like a family

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank blackmonk9
Wow... what a terrific compliment... Thank you so much for this terrific review! Reviews like this mean a great deal to us. Thank you for recognizing our entire team for their service, and for recognizing April in particular for her outstanding service and hospitality. I promise I will share your comments with our entire team, and that April will be recognized for taking such great care of you. The greatest compliment we can receive is that you will return again - we sincerely thank you for that! Please hurry back!
Banbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

While traveling through Atlanta a year ago, I had a horrible experience with a "non-express" Holiday Inn. Even though I was (still am) a platinum member in their Priority Club, that experience turned me off to the point I refused to stay in another Holiday Inn whether on vacation or business.

So after a year of "getting over it", I happen to have a layover in Atlanta & saw HI had a newer location & it was an Express. I decided to finally give it another and was pleased I did. Grant you it did start off bad but this is my only complaint...the shuttle from the airport is a call on demand, which is great, but their message didn't state that. So if they fix that, I'd have zero complaints.

Shuttle driver was very courteous and arrived in a timely manner once I called for it. I wished I'd got his name. The front desk (Alicia) was fabulous. I was greeted with a smile & my bag of goodies for being a member. My room key & paperwork was already prepared prior to my arrival making my check in quick & painless. The hotel was clean & up-to-date. My room was a king. There was ample space & it was clean with plenty of toiletries. The morning breakfast was good with a nice variety of healthy foods & the usuals. The eating area tables were kept clean. Alicia also booked my shuttle time for return to the airport. The morning driver was just as friendly & timely as the night driver.

I appreciated the folks there & plan to stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Gozz25
Thank you so much for this terrific review and for sharing this with us. A return visit is the highest compliment we can be paid, and we hope you will return again soon. I am sorry that you were not aware that you needed to call for shuttle pickup at the airport, but am delighted that once you did you were very pleased with the service both coming and going from the hotel. I wil share your comments with our entire team, and will be sure Alicia sees the very nice comment about her. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

To be honest, I had gotten so disappointed with Holiday Inns I vowed to never stay at one ever again. This changed when I took a business trip and didn't have a choice at what hotel to choose. Since that stay I am now a faithful customer to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek. From the first person I met April, her professionalism, accommodating demeanor and pleasant attitude was the start in changing my attitude about my stay. Then there was Luther in between shuttle bus runs he kept me engaged in friendly conversation. Ms Tara fulfilled every request an annoying guest, like myself could think of all with a smile and her ending statement, "is there anything else I can do for you ". The deck overlooking the lake was just breathtaking along with the peaceful atmosphere of the entire hotel. This was my third visit (8/21-8/26/2013) and will be my place of residence each time I stay in Atlanta, GA.
Thanks for great hospitality!
Sonya Williams of OH

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sonya H
Jeff J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
What a fantastic compliment... Thank you so much for this terrific review! We are flatterred that we were able to restore your faith in our great family of hotels. Thank you recognizing our team for their hospitality, and for naming Luther and Tara in particular for taking such great care of you. I promise I will share your comments with our entire team. The greatest compliment we can receive is that you will return again - we sincerely thank you for that! Please hurry back!
Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The price is right, especially if you have some type of travel discount, .ie AAA. I really appreciated the lounge area and the availability of TV screens. The deck out back and the lake provided a relaxing atmosphere. April made the stay more enjoyable by providing excellent customer.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor and get a double
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jevans83
Thank you for staying with us, and thank your this very nice review on the TripAdvisor website. Thank you also for recognizing April at the Front Desk for her service and hospitality. Comments such as this mean a great deal to us and I promise I will share this with April and our team. Please hurry back soon!